Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Marner should get +/- 5% of Matthews

They are screwed
gonna be fun to watch, likely will end up in TO putting on a pre-game appreciation ceremony prior to every game to let those who are still Leafs that they are well loved

That JT tribute in TO was something that I don`t think even the Habs would have done, embarrassing and if JT wasn`t embarrassed by it, he too should be shamed

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Gotta give Bradley some love. 3rd straight year with at least 80 points (will most likely get 90+ this year). Top 5 scorer in the NHL over the last 4 years. He's continuing to elevate his game year after year. I know he was asked about getting his number retired around the time Bergeron had his 1000 game ceremony and he shrugged it off.... but I think he's on his way to the rafters along with Bergy... which is how it should be. Immortalized together.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So I think we can all say that when the day comes and #37 calls it a career, his number will go to the rafters. With that, is Marchand a guy that could/should be up there with him when he's done? Right now among all-time Bruins Marchand ranks:

Games - 21st
Goals - 11th
Assist - 18th
Points - 14th
SH Goals - T1st
Game Winner - 7th

^Now that's just right now. How much higher could he get over the rest of his career?

If Marchand were to be Top 10 in these major categories would it be enough? Would he need to win another cup in Boston? Do his sometimes one ice antics work against him in this situation?

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
So I think we can all say that when the day comes and #37 calls it a career, his number will go to the rafters. With that, is Marchand a guy that could/should be up there with him when he's done? Right now among all-time Bruins Marchand ranks:

Games - 21st
Goals - 11th
Assist - 18th
Points - 14th
SH Goals - T1st
Game Winner - 7th

^Now that's just right now. How much higher could he get over the rest of his career?

If Marchand were to be Top 10 in these major categories would it be enough? Would he need to win another cup in Boston? Do his sometimes one ice antics work against him in this situation?

Winning a cup isn't required to get the number in the rafters , hell a lot of numbers up there didn't win one. If Marchand can get into the top 10 in goals & points , I think he belongs up there , another cup solidifies it.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Winning a cup isn't required to get the number in the rafters , hell a lot of numbers up there didn't win one. If Marchand can get into the top 10 in goals & points , I think he belongs up there , another cup solidifies it.

short of a career shortening injury, he should easily hit those. Really he should get into the Top 5 in both

5th is Orr at 888. Marchand is at 539, so 350 points. May be a tough task, but if he plays into his late 30s it should be doable.

Goals:

5th is Cam at 344. Marchand is at 253. This one is a no doubter

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

Games - 21st
Goals - 11th
Assist - 18th
Points - 14th
SH Goals - T1st
Game Winner - 7th

6 years left on his deal. Lets look at it in 3 years increments. Lets say he plays in 85% of the games over the next 3 years. Thats 209 games which will put him just short of 900 games which would be 6th all time (and he's got 3 years after). Let's say he plays PPG over those 209 games (been over a PPG for 3 straight) so thats 209 points and factoring in what he scores the rest of the way this year, that puts him around 760 points which would put him 8th all time (Krejci may end up moving up, so maybe 9th). Also that would be a stretch of 7 years that he was a dominant player in the NHL.

The next 3 years. Lets say he plays 75% of those games. That's 184 games putting him decently over 1000 games and probably land him at 5th all time. Let's say he goes down to a .75 PPG player over those 184. That's 138 points, so on the cusp of 900.

Stanley Cup Champion.

For me? If he does something similar to that progression over the next 6 years he is 100000% going to the rafters.

Reactions: Ladyfan

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Bruins retire so many numbers that 33, 37, 63 and probably 46 should be considered by the end. And 40?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins retire so many numbers that 33, 37, 63 and probably 46 should be considered by the end. And 40?

0B32B99A-4B96-4F6C-B342-2FE70759818B.jpeg

I’d say all 4 our locks for the rafters

Rask is boarderline just because they never retire goalies

8 of the top 15 scorers are already in the rafters

And Marchand, Krejci, Bergy still got a lot of points left in em

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If he gets the Conn Smythe in @DKH forecasted 2020 Cup Win he'll get his # up there.
It saddens me this very talented and likeable team will have to wait to 2020 to win the Cup.

Brad Marchand is not so quietly become an iconic player in Boston Bruins history. I’ve been watching since late 60’s and I’ve not seen anything like this guy on Boston or in the league. I can’t even imagine what he would have been like in the wide open, bench brawl a month of the 70’s and 80’s. He may have had a 60 goal 300 PIM season.

The fact that Marchand plays with Bergeron is even more nuts. The one guy most likely to wear a hockey halo with the one an easy pick to wear horns and carry a pitchfork.

The 4 seats in back of me are owned by a ticket agency and whenever visiting fans are sitting there they are always fascinated with Marchand - hate, love, admiration, disdain, respect - you name it he generates it.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
View attachment 196957

I never knew that Bucyk was a -7 over his career. I'm going to have reconsider my username. Chief Minus Seven maybe? :laugh:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

560878AD-11FC-458E-BF74-9DF5F7FD0849.jpeg

Here post season stats as well

Krejci and Bergeron hopefully will be #2 and #3 in playoff points after this season :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad