Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
on leafs lunch today, the o-dog spends his time suggesting marchand for hart trophy. the other idiot tries to throw some shade onto it by suggestion marchand is a creation of Bergeron but o-dog says marchand is the straw stiring the drink on the line

I agree big time. I love bergerons ability to play 2-way hockey and hes become a hell of a shooter, but he doesnt make magic plays with anyone except marchand

it was a little funny odog says he hopes marchand doesnt end up with a reputation for just being a s-disturber but sadly thats exactly what his reputation is and why he hasnt been able to crack the top 5 in hart trophy the last 2 seasons.

theres only 1 guy in the league headed to the playoffs who has more pojnts then marchand… marchand has had to keep the team in the race despite huge injury issues to the other bruin leaders.

I think us bruin fans are almost gutless cowards we arent campaigning for marchand as mvp higher than we are. this guy deserves our love.

props to the Toronto media for spending 6-7 mins or whatever talking marchand for mvp. I daresay I wonder if thats more love than hes received on boston media anytime recent?

this does become a popularity contest at a certain point and if a players hometown fans wont shout out their attention then we cant expect others to lead the way.

lets give marchand at least a top 3 finish for hart this year at minimum

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
who was the last B`s player to hit 100pts? Honestly can`t recall but if I were guessing maybe Jumbo Joe?

Still daydream about that insane year where Oates posted 140 pts or so, man I loved that guy

Marchand deserves heart mention for sure but not just for the pts he produces but all he does, 5 v 5, PK/PP

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
marchand mackinnon and crosby are all from nova scotia and frkm the halifax area

The papers here thought all three had a shot at a. 100 points and Marchand had the longest to go to get their and was cosmidered the outside chance. Now it looks like he will be the only nova scotial born player to make it to a 100 points this yr.

Great job! He has heart and likes to drive the stick into the heart of his opponent

Hopefully he can string another half dozen seasons like this one together for a HOF case

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
there is a slight difference between being associated with making pizza and being a terrorist though.
but this isn't really the place for that discussion
As a non Italian someone may see this as being portrayed as a pizza maker. As an italian, it comes off as insinuating Italians are cartoonish/a joke, i.e. not to be taken seriously, they are dumb, in general not a positive image. Much the same as when Italians get lumped in with Mafia just because their last name ends in a vowel. Did you know that the US's largest mass lynching was of Italians, not blacks? True story. Happened in New Orleans in 1800 something, after slaves were freed. So yah.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
A lot of love for Marchand league (and this forum) wide, deservedly so.

Other fans are starting to realize he's not only one of the best hockey players but a true character and very likable one.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
A lot of love for Marchand league (and this forum) wide, deservedly so.

Other fans are starting to realize he's not only one of the best hockey players but a true character and very likable one.

He deserves it for sure.

We’ll see how long it lasts though — I’m guessing things might change next week when he gets into playoff mode.

tenor.gif

GlitteringCalmGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Phenomenal achievement

Been going regularly since late 60’s and he’s the gold standard for the skilled/pain in the balls category

Fleury
Linseman
McKenzie

All good at both but Marchand better

With health he will retire with 500 + goals 1000+ points and top 5 all-time SHG

He’s a HOF if he hits those numbers

Marchand & Bergeron are Fire & Ice

Add a side of Pastrnak and you got 3 HOF talents on one line

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Phenomenal achievement

Been going regularly since late 60’s and he’s the gold standard for the skilled/pain in the balls category

Fleury
Linseman
McKenzie

All good at both but Marchand better

With health he will retire with 500 + goals 1000+ points and top 5 all-time SHG

He’s a HOF if he hits those numbers

Marchand & Bergeron are Fire & Ice

Add a side of Pastrnak and you got 3 HOF talents on one line

lets not forget the original little ball of hate in Pat Verbeek but yes as far as pure skill its Fleury and Marchand at the Top and you add in the pest, I think its Marchy hands down.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
lets not forget the original little ball of hate in Pat Verbeek but yes as far as pure skill its Fleury and Marchand at the Top and you add in the pest, I think its Marchy hands down.
Excellent call on Verbeek

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Congrats Brad! The player that others love to hate! So glad he pulls a Bruins jersey over his head every game. Although I may not agree with all he does, that that does not mean I do not appreciate him as a player and a Bruin.

Keep it rolling into the playoffs!!!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
main board thread, salty people because he picked up his own milestone puck

Your first mistake is going to the Main Board.

Your second mistake is going to the Main Board and taking what anyone who posts there as being a legitimate opinion.

Your third mistake is going to the Main Board and taking what anyone who posts there as being a legitimate opinion, and reporting back on those opinions here.

Don't bother with going there. It's poor for your mental health.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad