Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
And we are supposed to care what people think on the main board because???

I honestly can`t recall when I last visited the main board to just glance at it let alone to post anything, been a long time.

I peruse other team`s boards, only lurk but never post as I find it interesting to read how fans view their teams, coaches etc...

and of course, hitting the Leaf and Hab boards is like comedy gold. One fan on the Leaf board said they need to fire Babcock and call up Keefe before he`s signed by a NHL team to be their bench boss...can`t make that stuff up

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
The main board is a cesspool. If you are looking for rational posts, don't go there. Nothing but teenage Habs and Laffs fans.

Really?

So if anyone else does it, are they still salty?

I don't care who it is, even a guy like Matthews or a Hab, if they reach that plateau for the first time, grab the puck. I am ZERO issue with this. None. Even if it's a game against the Bruins.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Really?

So if anyone else does it, are they still salty?

I don't care who it is, even a guy like Matthews or a Hab, if they reach that plateau for the first time, grab the puck. I am ZERO issue with this. None. Even if it's a game against the Bruins.

I'm just saying that there are posters on the main board who would find something wrong if Marchand cured cancer. You can't win with those clowns, you just have to laugh at them. I have to admit that even I'm not immune to it, yesterday I got in a tiff with a Laffs fan who constantly twists various stats so they always come out in favor of the Laffs. Like listing Nylander/trade deadline acquisitions as "games missed" for every game before the signing/trade to prop up the Leafs against the Bruins injuries. He also listed the Laffs first round losses as proof they are better than the Bruins' second round losses because the Laffs "hung in there against a better team".

You can't write this stuff.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I'm just saying that there are posters on the main board who would find something wrong if Marchand cured cancer. You can't win with those clowns, you just have to laugh at them. I have to admit that even I'm not immune to it, yesterday I got in a tiff with a Laffs fan who constantly twists various stats so they always come out in favor of the Laffs. Like listing Nylander/trade deadline acquisitions as "games missed" for every game before the signing/trade to prop up the Leafs against the Bruins injuries. He also listed the Laffs first round losses as proof they are better than the Bruins' second round losses because the Laffs "hung in there against a better team".

You can't write this stuff.

This is why I stay off the main board.

:)

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Watching Kuhlman play...dude is a Marchand clone. 5 pts in 9 games playing part time minutes. Very decent speed and strong puck posession

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
There's currently a thread asking why "internet sources" say the Bruins are the most hated team. When asked for the "internet sources", they linked to a blog entry and a Reddit page. There is absolutely no shame on the main board. :skeptic:

I just read through that thread and even a lot of Toronto fans are asking why it's not the Leafs? :laugh:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I just read through that thread and even a lot of Toronto fans are asking why it's not the Leafs? :laugh:

They are desperate to be #1 in something, I guess. Maybe they'll finally throw a parade. Lord knows the route has been planned for decades.

Reactions: Chief Nine

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Amazing that he reached 100 pts! I remember him on the 4th line when he came in the league.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
"my brother"

"love you"

The sap gets me every time :laugh: :)

Screenshot_20190403-122510_Instagram-720x1480.jpg

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
In some sense it's crazy that Brad Marchand is a 100 point player. Years ago one would've been delighted with a 60 points season from him. On the other hand, you could always see the talent he had. It was always just about putting it all together consistently.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It's crazy to think that I remember reading the posts on him 09/10 about how he was a bust. Not that I predicted otherwise but it is just crazy how long he has come from getting 1 point in 20 games to what could have been back to back 100 point seasons had he not been suspended/injured last year.

One of my all time favourites, he will also be the next jersey I buy.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
It's crazy to think that I remember reading the posts on him 09/10 about how he was a bust. Not that I predicted otherwise but it is just crazy how long he has come from getting 1 point in 20 games to what could have been back to back 100 point seasons had he not been suspended/injured last year.

One of my all time favourites, he will also be the next jersey I buy.

Wait... don't the Bruins always give up on all prospects too soon?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
people are pissed because marchand grabbed a puck to give to his dad. I repeat, marchand grabbed a puck for a milestone to give to his parents. angry people are angry
Makes no sense to me why ANYONE would be bothered that Brad grabbed the puck.

If someone is angry about this they can go straight to hell.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The main board is a cesspool. If you are looking for rational posts, don't go there. Nothing but teenage Habs and Laffs fans.
...and sometimes Nuck fans who still haven't gotten over the fact that the better team won the cup in 2011

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i would've thought it was preposterous that he would score 100 points in the AHL
after that 20 game NHL stint when he had all of 1 point. self made man, guy just works
his ass off day after day and gets better and better. unique player, won't see many like
this ever again.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
There's currently a thread asking why "internet sources" say the Bruins are the most hated team. When asked for the "internet sources", they linked to a blog entry and a Reddit page. There is absolutely no shame on the main board. :skeptic:

dont you feel the bruins are the most hated team? and does that matter?

when I pick a baseball team to hate... I dont waste my time hating the Kansas city royals or pittsburg pirates. I hate the team that is the evil empire

when I pick a football team to hate... im going to hate the evil empire

when I pick a basketball team to hate... its going to be the lakers or warriors... pick a team that is worth hating

sorry to all those hockey fans out there that had the bruins come along and kick sand in your face... if hating us helps you cope then bring it on. but please, try not to make up crap about is. theres plenty enough to hate just because we owned your head space without making crap up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad