Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Brad getting active on Twitter/Instagram is amazing.

I'll say this too - as a millennial - I think the NHL can and will really benefit from better personalities and social media presence.

Reactions: Ladyfan

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Brad getting active on Twitter/Instagram is amazing.

I'll say this too - as a millennial - I think the NHL can and will really benefit from better personalities and social media presence.
Not to get into it here. But that's why IMO Spittin Chicklets is so successful.

That's where players personalities usually come out and it's awesome.

The game needs more of it IMO. Not the usual "mid game/post game interview" boring same song and dance.

Just don't turn into the NBA.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Brad Marchand still a big talker, even closing on 100 points - The Boston Globe

Pegged as potentially a career third- or fourth-liner upon entering the NHL 10 years ago, the crafty Marchand has turned into one of the game’s premier scoring threats on the left side.

“Compared to where I was to when I first came in the league, to where I am now,” said Marchand, “I never really thought I’d be in this position [for 100 points] and be part of some incredible teams.

“Part of it, obviously, is your ability and your work ethic and everything like that. But the opportunity, who you play with . . . getting power-play time, being in certain situations . . . that all plays into it, too. I’ve been put in a very good situation by the team and fortunate to play with great linemates. So that all plays a big part of it as well.”

The L’il Ball o’Hate on Wednesday made note on his Twitter account (@Bmarch63) of his latest accolade: Named both “Best & Worst Trash Talker” per a poll by the NHL Players’ Association.

....................... Much of Marchand’s humor (if trash talking can be so labeled) of late has been directed not toward opponents but to teammate Torey Krug. With the aid of social media platforms, they’ve engaged in an ongoing exchange of barbs, taunting one another of their mutual lack of height. They both may be only 5-foot-9, but that hasn’t hindered their reach for the keyboard.

“I love the battle he has with Krug right now,” said coach Bruce Cassidy, sincerely amused by dueling barbs. “I’m waiting anxiously for Krug’s retort. And I’m not even on [social media], right? I’m probably the last one to find out . . . I probably have to watch NESN or the NHL Network to get it. But that’s been hilarious.”

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Not to get into it here. But that's why IMO Spittin Chicklets is so successful.

That's where players personalities usually come out and it's awesome.

The game needs more of it IMO. Not the usual "mid game/post game interview" boring same song and dance.

Just don't turn into the NBA.

I completely agree. I have a couple friends with little to no interest in hockey who messaged me about Marchand's social media games. They think it's hilarious. Said they'd consider going to a game with me next time I'm in Boston because they want to see him and Krug now.

This stuff makes a difference.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That article from Haggs doesn't really seem out of bounds. Krug isn't know for his Defense and coming off an impressive defensive effort, any hockey journalist could have that take.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That article from Haggs doesn't really seem out of bounds. Krug isn't know for his Defense and coming off an impressive defensive effort, any hockey journalist could have that take.

are you being serious?

Listen, I`m a huge TK fan but also one who can see and come on here and admit the warts in his game. If Haggs were to produce an article which was about Krug where he was examining some off season moves we might see and he mentioned Krug as one of those who could be moved and was proposing a few players who might be acquired with that money which may make the Bruins a better team, I`d read that article. May not agree with whom he`s talking about hypothetically

What Haggs chooses to do is "maybe" watch a Bruins game and see`s the team without Krug, they win a few in a row and then he takes his hoagie and supersized coke and hammers out an amateur offering online.

This is the same clown who proposed earlier in the year or at least posed the question about whether Halak should be the #1 goalie

I`m sorry, this crap is lazy. I`m fine if you want to discuss some of Torey`s struggles defensively but what Haggs rarely does is present 2 sides to his stories but Haggs doesn`t do that, he see`s 4 pts in last 2 games without Krug and immediately races to the keyboard and posts it, he`s a true hack

I`ve seen far stronger assessments and opinions posted here by fans than by what this guy presents as a "journalist"

member 96824

giphy.gif

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
are you being serious?

Listen, I`m a huge TK fan but also one who can see and come on here and admit the warts in his game. If Haggs were to produce an article which was about Krug where he was examining some off season moves we might see and he mentioned Krug as one of those who could be moved and was proposing a few players who might be acquired with that money which may make the Bruins a better team, I`d read that article. May not agree with whom he`s talking about hypothetically

What Haggs chooses to do is "maybe" watch a Bruins game and see`s the team without Krug, they win a few in a row and then he takes his hoagie and supersized coke and hammers out an amateur offering online.

This is the same clown who proposed earlier in the year or at least posed the question about whether Halak should be the #1 goalie

I`m sorry, this crap is lazy. I`m fine if you want to discuss some of Torey`s struggles defensively but what Haggs rarely does is present 2 sides to his stories but Haggs doesn`t do that, he see`s 4 pts in last 2 games without Krug and immediately races to the keyboard and posts it, he`s a true hack

I`ve seen far stronger assessments and opinions posted here by fans than by what this guy presents as a "journalist"

I've heard the similar arguments about PK Subban on Montreal radio too when it comes to defensive liabilities. Does the offensive upside outweigh the defensive liability . It's a common argument for offensive dmen

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
are you being serious?

This is Haggs' very existence in a nutshell

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I agree and the whole thing by Marchand is unprofessional and totally uncalled for. It's actually embarrassing. Haggs should come back with a nose comment. :laugh:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I agree and the whole thing by Marchand is unprofessional and totally uncalled for. It's actually embarrassing. Haggs should come back with a nose comment. :laugh:

Discussing a teams performance minus a certain pivotal player is common on sports radio. Celtic media discusses the team without Kyrie all the time

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Discussing a teams performance minus a certain pivotal player is common on sports radio. Celtic media discusses the team without Kyrie all the time
Kyrie, btw, is "taking a bunch of games off" and basically thinks the regular season is a waste of time. :skeptic: Have fun in NY!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Probably the tweet where he compares Pastrnaks beard to the pube beard from the Jackass skit.

People apparently got offended because it’s insensitive to the Muslim people.

Yeah. I know. A bit ridiculous.
Amazingly enough it wasn’t that tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: