Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Question: is he still allowed to kiss Krug? :heart:

4A0FB108-050C-4B4B-A879-B9B9BA2976B3.jpeg

How bout Bergy?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
this conversation is just another distraction from the fact that we have work to do on the ice in the next game and that there are other guys on this team besides Brad Marchand.

This.

All this clowning around and stupidity is reminding me of our embarrassing 2014 post-season, in our series against Montreal, with all the dumb taunting and Thornton squirting water in the face of PK Subban, etc.

That series, the Bruins seemed more focused on antics and distractions against the Scabs than focusing on winning. We lost, despite being heavy favorites after winning the President's Trophy.

He should knock off the licking. It's stupid,childish, grade school level shit. Focus on hockey.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I would agree.

I love when he chirps players but this licking is just a bit too weird for me.

Agreed.

Just wish the NHL would have the guts to call out its officials publicly and to the same degree that they do Marchand.

For the sake of the game, what’s more important?

One guy doing something stupid or a stable of officials that are inept, but don’t get held accountable?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I have been a Bs fan for almost 50 years and this licking thing has me more angry than the missed call last night . I went to bed angry last night about the refs screwing us again and woke up to every bloody news station commenting on Brads antics .Not a slash , slew foot or spear ... a $&@% lick ?!?! No talk about the beautiful pass he made to Bergy for what should have been the winning goal . Very little about the non call for their winner ,just a stream of “disgusting , embarrassing, disgraceful, vulgar etc etc”.
Tough to defend this BS . I am sure in Boston wearing a Marchand jersey or shirt will be no different but I know damn well what I will hear when I put one on here from now on as I have brought up the Burrows bite many times . I don’t really give a rats ass but I can’t defend him anymore . This kind of crap goes into Avery and Barnaby territory . Two guys that I can’t stand . I don’t think anybody minds most of his antics and his talent speaks for itself but as many have said this embarrasses the team. I really wonder what Chara and Bergy think .

Well said.

Heck the entire team for that matter. Somehow I doubt any of his teammates were giving him high fives after the game for licking Callahan.

Even if the Bruins had won that game last night in OT, all people would be talking about is his disgusting actions.

I can't defend Marchand anymore, even though I doubt we ever see him do it again.

Reactions: ThomasJ13

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He's a clown. We would all hate him if he wasn't on the Bruins.

He's finally crossed that line IMO where I don't see how Bruins fans can defend him anymore. Absolute clown act at this point. He's now in that Ron Artest/Dennis Rodman tier of idiot clown show athlete, despised because of their actions on the playing surface.

Brad Marchand needs to grow up.

Anyone who defends this licking crap probably needs to do the same thing.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This kind of stuff comes along with the player. It shouldn’t be excused but you would be crazy not to put up with it, considering how good a player he’s become. The good far outweighs the bad.

That being said, now its crystal clear it needs to stop. It’s on him if he or the team are punished because he refuses to control his behavior.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
What a ******ed ****ing league

Stamkos is out there elbowing dudes in the ****ing head and not a peep, but Marchand licks some guy and WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

It's telling that so many people are up in arms over this (fans, media, active players, former players) but no one mentions the head shot.

It's also telling to me that all these guys on other teams let Marchand get away with this stuff

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Marchand is their scape goat to cover up their inaction and complicity on head injuries. They are useless hacks who don't do a damn thing for player safety
It's also funny how all the people who were calling for a 20 game suspension when his elbow rode up on Johanssen are suddenly silent when Stamkos clearly targeted Nash's head and only got two minutes.

If the league cared about head injuries and not its own image, Stamkos doesn't even get the chance to score his illegitimate tying goal.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yep. I've said that so many times- I love the guy but if he was on another team I would despise him in Matt Cooke, Sean Avery fashion
Brad is no cooke and he has far more talent as a hockey player than either cooke or avery

I hope he stops with the lick.

Reactions: Chief Nine

James Walker

Sep 28, 2017
Too much diving, Marchand against the Leafs on the shorthanded goal by Kapanan, and now McAvoy with a dive last night on the Stamkos tying goal. Marchand needs to be shipped out.

BearAttack

Jan 14, 2003
Niagara Wine Country
Visit site
It's telling that so many people are up in arms over this (fans, media, active players, former players) but no one mentions the head shot.

It's also telling to me that all these guys on other teams let Marchand get away with this stuff
For starters I think that Marchand should play hockey, which he is good at, and drop stuff like this. I would hope that Cassidy already told him to cut it out cause the refs are already calling the game against the B's. That being said this incident is getting far more coverage by the media and the league than Burrows bitting Bergy! Explain that Lucy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad