Confirmed with Link: Boychuk to Isles for picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
and here we go with you wanting them to Keep JB a bottom 3 guy and overpay him. Kinda goes against your own argument no?

Z, Seids, Hamilton are all above JB on the D. That makes him bottom 3 and going to be grossly overpaid after this year.

grow up with the ball washing Lonnie. We fool around with some stuff but your better then that.

Hamilton is so far ahead of Boychuk he played under 20 minutes per game, #6 in time on ice last postseason.

Chara and Seids are obviously ahead of Boychuk but Boychuk is an elite #3. He isn't a 'bottom 3'. Even if going forward he played as the #4 due to depth, you'd think a Bruins fan of all people would appreciate how our depth can make up for lack of elite super star talent everywhere.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I encourage some folks to check out what the cap did to that Sens dynasty.

The Bruins and Hawks have been models of keeping good squads despite the cap. People get that good players get good money, obviously. Too many good players means you can't keep them all. So winning, in theory, shouldn't be something a team could do year in and year out. Yet here we are, another year where not many teams in the East are better than us, top to bottom.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's called failing at your objective. There were also those of us that day that said if they couldn't get a top 4 defenseman they should have traded for a forward, especially since prices were so low.

This is exactly what I recall as well.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

The Bruins and Hawks have been models of keeping good squads despite the cap. People get that good players get good money. Too many good players means you can't keep them all. So winning, in theory, shouldn't be something a team could do year in and year out. Yet here we are, another year where not many teams in the East are better than us, top to bottom.

And yet they slowly inch up towards us... or we slowly inch down towards them. Not unlike the Patriots.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
So on this forum certain players regular season numbers are useless if they don't get it done in the playoffs, but the GM does a good job if his regular season record is good, even if his team loses to a vastly inferior team in the second round.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
for the most part its the same group of people that are only happy when they are miserable.

And since the cup win in 2011 there is a whole new crop of spoiled fans that cry at every single move Chia makes because they are clueless about how this club used to be run.

but for the most part is the happy when miserable crowed.

I like to be positive about things because this management team has been doing a GREAT yes I said GREAT job at keeping a contending team together.

The same people that were calling for Chia's head because Krug and Smith were not signed (OMG THIS TEAMS SUCZ WITHOUT THEM CHIA SUCKS) are the same sky is falling crowed yelling over this trade. The season has not even started yet and these "fans" have already mailed it in.

It is a long time until April and now the Bruins have draft pics and cap space to make a move in the area the team really needed help. The right Wing position. This also gives the Bruins time to let some of the young kids get a look prior to making that move. And again its the same people that cry about the Kids not getting to play that Cry when a Vet is moved so the kids get a chance to play.

AS I said only happy when they are miserable. That's how some people live life. Happy I am not one of them.

NO, no, no! It's the young, untested, possibly-not-ready forwards who need space to play. The young D are useless now and forever will be. Got it?!
:sarcasm:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Go back and see what I've posted here. At no point did I have an issue with them moving Boychuk. I do have an issue with them moving him for futures though, since this team is in a cup window, and they've now gotten worse. Pretty easy to follow that logic, I would think.

Robbins...Robbins...Robbins...

and just like when you were jumping off the bridge over Krug and Smith not being signed why don't you take a pill and relax instead of over reacting and then looking like a jerk later on as usual :naughty:
Robbins...Robbins...Robbins...

OrreyKroog

May 10, 2014
Hamilton is so far ahead of Boychuk he played under 20 minutes per game, #6 in time on ice last postseason.

Chara and Seids are obviously ahead of Boychuk but Boychuk is an elite #3. He isn't a 'bottom 3'. Even if going forward he played as the #4 due to depth, you'd think a Bruins fan of all people would appreciate how our depth can make up for lack of elite super star talent everywhere.

He's not an elite #3 sorry. Wish we still had him but I'm willing to see what the rest of the boys can do.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Chara is one back there looks slow.Dougie Hamilton is gonna have to be a beast this year now.Bartkowski is weak on defence big time..Chia needs to start being smarter.He is over paying Krecji n Few others.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
And yet they slowly inch up towards us... or we slowly inch down towards them. Not unlike the Patriots.

Well the Pats have an old QB and not much else on that side of the ball (and Gronk, obv)

Was Boychuk part of the core? Honest question.

To me this is the core:

Bergeron/Krejci/Lucic/Marchand
Chara/Hamilton/Seidenberg
Rask

All are either locked up, or going to be locked up. Nobody is leaving there.

Then you have the new guys who will fit into this core long term

Smith, Krug, Soderberg

I left Eriksson out, because despite how much I like him as a person and a player, I believe he's like the Boychuk of the forward group right now. That is until he puts 30 goals in the net, and changes the whole outlook on the wings for us.

Chia kept his long term core together, and gets those last 2 and Hamilton locked down after this year. His mission after that is to draft and sign wingers. I believe he's up to the task.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

The Bruins and Hawks have been models of keeping good squads despite the cap. People get that good players get good money, obviously. Too many good players means you can't keep them all. So winning, in theory, shouldn't be something a team could do year in and year out. Yet here we are, another year where not many teams in the East are better than us, top to bottom.

How you can equate what the Hawks did with how Boston has done it is beyond me. They've done it so drastically different, philosophically speaking. The hawks let veterans go after their first cup and replaced them with homegrown talent. Enabling them to go out and win a second. The Bruins overpaid bottom of the roster guys after the first one, and have been doing a tight rope style walk with the cap year after year since. It's finally at the point where they have to move roster players just because of the overpayments. You can't be even serious to compare the two, because they're not even close.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

and Hamilton made giant steps in the playoffs and they are counting on him to make even more this year. So are you one of the keep all the vets at the expense of the kids crowed or do you want the kids to play at the expense of the vets. Seems like most people that want JB back also want the kids to play so curious if you are one of them.

the current D is still fine and more cost effective.

Z-Sides-Hamilton-Krug-McQuaid-Miller depth Trotman/Bart/Wars

not worried about depth at D. And now we have cap room and assets to upgrade where we really need it which is in the top 6.

Chia moved from a position of strength. We have had threads all summer long asking who was the D-man going because we have too many. Now that one gets moved people are like OMG we lost a D we have no depth.

This place sometimes. :laugh:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
How you can equate what the Hawks did with how Boston has done it is beyond me. They've done it so drastically different, philosophically speaking. The hawks let veterans go after their first cup and replaced them with homegrown talent. Enabling them to go out and win a second. The Bruins overpaid bottom of the roster guys after the first one, and have been doing a tight rope style walk with the cap year after year since. It's finally at the point where they have to move roster players just because of the overpayments. You can't be even serious to compare the two, because they're not even close.

I'm not arguing, they both did it their way. But at the end of the day, both have stayed at the top of their standings. And frankly the cup they got against us, that could/should have gone another way if injuries weren't such a factor. I believe the margin for their 2 against our 1 is razor thin.

We have 2 finals and 2 second rounds in the last 4. That's an elite hockey team.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
This was a mistake. Not getting a cheap young forward with a good trade asset like Boychuk. Hanging on to a terrible player like Bartkowski for the top 4. Stupid.

I actually hope that after Savard is on LTIR they make another deal.

This team isn't beating the likes of Chicago as is. If Chiarelli tries to compete for the Cup with Bartkowski in the top 4 it is going to be a nice early spring again.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
This was a mistake. Not getting a cheap young forward with a good trade asset like Boychuk. Hanging on to a terrible player like Bartkowski for the top 4. Stupid.

This team isn't beating the likes of Chicago as is. If Chiarelli tries to compete for the Cup with Bartkowski in the top 4 it is going to be a nice early spring again.

OK well that part we've been over. Chia can still get his forward, at the deadline. He now has 2 picks to do it.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
That's called failing at your objective. There were also those of us that day that said if they couldn't get a top 4 defenseman they should have traded for a forward, especially since prices were so low.

I am simply stating my understanding of how the deadline played out for them and responding to the notion that Meszaros was their "big addition".

Whether or not they should have gone for a forward is another discussion. But let's not forget that forward group finished 3rd in goals.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

how is Bart in the top 4?

Z, Sides, Hamilton, Krug, Miller, Mcquaid are all above Bart in the depth chart. Where are you getting him as #4? he won't even be on the ice opening day.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
He was their "big addition."

The quotation marks are ironic. It was a ****** deadline and it led to too many minutes/games for Bartkowski.

Now penciled in as our number four.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't live in a world were Bort is the 4th defenseman. A pairing with him and Krug would be spectacularly awful.

Maybe Kelly can play defense :sarcasm:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Sens Dynasty?? I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad