Confirmed with Link: Boychuk to Isles for picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
is this what you were saying in all the threads about our log jam at D and who was going to be the odd man out? I must have missed those posts. Dont' recall anyone pointing out how thin our D was.

I said all summer they would be short if they traded Boychuk.

I'm not reacting any differently than I said I would since July. I even posted last week I was okay with the team construction, assuming Boychuk wasn't moved.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
is this what you were saying in all the threads about our log jam at D and who was going to be the odd man out? I must have missed those posts. Dont' recall anyone pointing out how thin our D was.

This post makes about as much sense as penciling Krug in the top 4 on the right side.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I honestly am surprised they moved him this soon. I figured it would be either they let him walk come July or moved him once it looked like one of the kids could take over.

I still believe letting him walk for nothing would have been alright in this situation. A team that's this close to a cup should pull out all the stops to win. If you lose a guy one time, oh well, at least you had a reason.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The Bruins and Hawks have been models of keeping good squads despite the cap. People get that good players get good money, obviously. Too many good players means you can't keep them all. So winning, in theory, shouldn't be something a team could do year in and year out. Yet here we are, another year where not many teams in the East are better than us, top to bottom.

Interesting that both CHI and BOS traded valuable D-men to the Isles today.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not thrilled about the return or losing Boychuk for that matter. He'll be missed in the post season for sure. I'm surprised chia didn't grab a rw but there's obviously a reason he made this move. Obviously this was the best return available. Gotta think that 3rd in conditional on him re upping with the isles. This coming draft is a deep one which is why a first wouldn't have been available. I don't expect we'll be seeing firsts moved like we have the last couple years because of it. The flyers should be worse than the isles so their pick should be better. We now have some extra trade chips for the next couple deadlines.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
What a ****ing joke of a trade.

Even if there was no shot of keeping Boychuk... trading him for 2 seconds is garbage. I hope all the Chris Kelly fan boys are happy that their guy cost the Bruins a legit dman.

This trade is pretty much a microcosm of Chiarellis mistakes as a GM... crap drafting forced him to sign Kelly and Peverly to inflated deals which led to his hand being forced with Seguin, now with Boychuk.

This team is worse than they were yesterday and I don't see the "assets" of 2 seconds helping them. Its disappointing as a STH, giving them my money and having to come and see a team that is worse than the previous year.

I am excited to see what the excuse will be at the deadline when they don't add to the team. Why sign Sidenburg in the offseason when you could give up some picks for him at the deadline.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
A riddle:
When does a Cup contender deal a top four defenseman for futures when other options are available?

Lost last year to a weaker habs team cause of no scoring.Chia got rid of a stud in Seguin.Crazy.Now he moves a top 4 guy with injury prone Quaider counted on n a pylon named Bartkowski counted on.Not good.But he did bring a Cup here so i will stay with him to end.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
This post makes about as much sense as penciling Krug in the top 4 on the right side.

good for you I was just picking the top 4 in the depth not meaning to put them on left right side. Z can play both as can Sides you can move them around point is they are the top 4 on the depth chart. And yes the post did make sense. all summer Chia has said we have too many D, All summer we have had threads about who is going to go, All summer you never said keep everyone we are too thin at D. Now since you need something to ***** about you like to pretend that is what you said. Go back find a post and prove me wrong and I will eat crow. Bet you can't.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
another one. Please tell me how Bart is #4 just how?

Z, Sides, Hamilton, Mcquaid, Miller, Krug are all ahead of him. This is just reaching saying he is now our number 4.

Maybe because Bartkowski averaged more ice time per game than...

Hamilton
McQuaid
Miller
Krug

...and less ice time than only Chara and Seidenberg ?

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
Tough to lose a warrior like JB. Approximately how much cap space do we have now including Savvy being put on LTIR? I haven't been paying to much attention, just so I don't get too depressed, ha. I have to think PC will be looking to make another move either soon or at the deadline. Flip some combination of picks/prospects maybe another d-man for a winger and/or D-man? I just have to think something is in the works, since PC could have traded Bart/McQuaid/Miller to get under the cap at the start of the season.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jesus. I've been a fan of Chia but I can't imagine looking at this off season and thinking "yeah, he handled the off season well and put us in a great position to go at the cup this season".

The only good move he's made has been to sign Krug and Smith to those contracts and that was a situation where they had no leverage.

Right now we are a weaker team offensively and defensively. If you seriously can't see that now, don't worry, you will soon enough. We have somehow managed to become softer without actually getting faster which is incredible.

Our response to an early playoff bounce is to ice a weaker version of the same team and hope for better results.

With 2 excellent centers available in Providence we're going to go ahead and ice the same 5 centers as last year, two of which are overpaid in our bottom 6.

In order to balance the books we just lost Boychuk for prospects. Something I was assured wouldn't happen. Meanwhile Kelly and Campbell are both on the roster.

The team, as it stands, is not Stanley Cup caliber. That is not okay in a Stanley Cup window and it's not okay after we traded Seguin because he wasn't ready now. How do you think he'll look in 2016? Because right now, that's what we seem to be looking ahead to.

We are not set up to tolerate the injuries that will come. There are so many question marks and holes on this team.
It's going to take a huge deadline to get this team in good shape.

The ****ing cherry on top is when we use some of Boychuk's space to sign Gagne while they wring their hands over whether Spooner should get a roster spot.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Maybe because Bartkowski averaged more ice time per game than...

Hamilton
McQuaid
Miller
Krug

...and less ice time than only Chara and Seidenberg ?

and I am willing to bet this year Hamilton and Krug both get more then Bart and that Bart will not be on the ice except when fighting it out with Miller for the 6/7th spot.

I see you left JB off your list did Bart have more TOI then him as well? Did you leave that off on purpose?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I said all summer they would be short if they traded Boychuk.

I'm not reacting any differently than I said I would since July. I even posted last week I was okay with the team construction, assuming Boychuk wasn't moved.

You did sir, I can vouche for that.

Let's hope Chia has a deal in the works to bring in another top-4 dman. There has to be another show dropping before the holidays.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
and I am willing to bet this year Hamilton and Krug both get more then Bart and that Bart will not be on the ice except when fighting it out with Miller for the 6/7th spot.

I see you left JB off your list did Bart have more TOI then him as well? Did you leave that off on purpose?

Huh ? Here is a clue: Boychuk is no longer on the team.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I have to assume 2nd's will be the currency du jour at this year's trade deadline.

The question is, what deadline acquisition would make dealing JB worth it?

My guess is they'll get by just fine defensively with a group of Chara, Hamilton, Seid's, Krug, Bart, McQuaid and Miller but the Eriksson as #1RW experiment is going to fizzle and they'll need to plug that hole.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You did sir, I can vouche for that.

Let's hope Chia has a deal in the works to bring in another top-4 dman. There has to be another show dropping before the holidays.

Reason no players back no money.Any D coming in players be going out.I think what you see is what you get on back end.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Jesus. I've been a fan of Chia but I can't imagine looking at this off season and thinking "yeah, he handled the off season well and put us in a great position to go at the cup this season".

The only good move he's made has been to sign Krug and Smith to those contracts and that was a situation where they had no leverage.

Right now we are a weaker team offensively and defensively. If you seriously can't see that now, don't worry, you will soon enough. We have somehow managed to become softer without actually getting faster which is incredible.

Our response to an early playoff bounce is to ice a weaker version of the same team and hope for better results.

With 2 excellent centers available in Providence we're going to go ahead and ice the same 5 centers as last year, two of which are overpaid in our bottom 6.

In order to balance the books we just lost Boychuk for prospects. Something I was assured wouldn't happen. Meanwhile Kelly and Campbell are both on the roster.

The team, as it stands, is not Stanley Cup caliber. That is not okay in a Stanley Cup window and it's not okay after we traded Seguin because he wasn't ready now. How do you think he'll look in 2016? Because right now, that's what we seem to be looking ahead to.

We are not set up to tolerate the injuries that will come. There are so many question marks and holes on this team.
It's going to take a huge deadline to get this team in good shape.

The ****ing cherry on top is when we use some of Boychuk's space to sign Gagne while they wring their hands over whether Spooner should get a roster spot.

bullseye2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad