News Article: Bowman lays out “ 18 to 24 months” timeline to hit elite tier

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Murphy has already shown this year that you are wrong and while Hammer has been much better this year he was bad last year and the half season before that. Maybe if Q had a clue and used Murphy last year like he should have...oh wait he pouted like a baby and took it out on Murphy. Murphy is a solid to good 4 on a contender (he is just as good as Oduya).

Johns? Really?

Bickell? Let me know when you can diagnose MS better than doctors...we will wait.

You can’t ***** about AP when you called Saad a superstar.

Seabrook deal sucks so we agree about that.

You didn’t really address anything I said

I don’t see what you see on Murphy, it’s just wrong he’s mediocre at best even till now, can he improve? Sure but he’s not worth his 4M now

I am not complaining about the Bickell signing as it was a relativly fair signing and Ms happens sure, I am complaining about that trade, why would you add such an insane sweetener to get rid of only “ONE” year?

I called Saad a future superstar in 2015, in 2017 I was the most against the Panarin for Saad trade, go back to the trade thread I was up in arms how stupid that trade was from day one. Please don’t try to twist and turn this the way you want it. Just because I said Saad would become a superstar in 2015 does not mean I wanted him to be traded for Panarin that’s lunacy... lol. Take each trade individually... Anyway who cares what I said about a player it’s about the move that I would have done in that position. Yes I still wouldn’t have traded Saad for Anisimov and I still wouldn’t have traded Panarin for Saad and those are BOTH the right moves but hey let’s get hung up on the details that don’t matter.

Just because we agree on the Seabrook deal does not make it as if it didn’t happen, that deal is destructive and is haunting the team till now and he should be held accountable...

(mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
That too. However unlikely, if Trouba is being difficult in Winnipeg and the Jets want to trade him...our first this year + D prospect (not Boqvist)+ pick from AA trade might move the needle

That’s interesting. If our pick this year falls to 8 or lower, would we be better off moving it (along with other pieces necessary) to bring in a younger top-pairing defenseman?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
That too. However unlikely, if Trouba is being difficult in Winnipeg and the Jets want to trade him...our first this year + D prospect (not Boqvist)+ pick from AA trade might move the needle

Yeah, there will be a lot of good players available, some may even surprise us.

Andreas Johnsson from Toronto is an RFA. Connor Brown should also be on the move.

Andrew Copp and Brendan Lemieux from Winnipeg are RFAs. Not to mention goalie Laurent Brossoit, who would be a great 1B with Delia if Crawford ends up out again.

Cedric Paquette and Adam Erne from Tampa Bay are players to keep an eye on.

Obviously their teams would like to keep these guys, but as we know all too well, a player’s stock can rise in the playoffs and price them out in a cap crunch. Any of these guys should be attainable for picks.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Re: Bickell. Some players have explosive seasons and don't show up for the playoffs. We had Bickell Bolland and were losing to Boston 16 seconds later.

What does this have to do with anything i said?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
having picks gives you assets for future deals. i think collecting picks for players that wont be part of the equation in his timeline is a good thing. Maybe they are competing next year and can use a anisimov traded 2nd rounder to get a rental at the deadline and it provides more cap flexibility . im still at the point where i believe assets are as important as players right now. but i guess thats because i think they are in a worse spot then most.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You didn’t really address anything I said

I don’t see what you see on Murphy, it’s just wrong he’s mediocre at best even till now, can he improve? Sure but he’s not worth his 4M now

I am not complaining about the Bickell signing as it was a relativly fair signing and Ms happens sure, I am complaining about that trade, why would you add such an insane sweetener to get rid of only “ONE” year?

I called Saad a future superstar in 2015, in 2017 I was the most against the Panarin for Saad trade, go back to the trade thread I was up in arms how stupid that trade was from day one. Please don’t try to twist and turn this the way you want it. Just because I said Saad would become a superstar in 2015 does not mean I wanted him to be traded for Panarin that’s lunacy... lol. Take each trade individually... Anyway who cares what I said about a player it’s about the move that I would have done in that position. Yes I still wouldn’t have traded Saad for Anisimov and I still wouldn’t have traded Panarin for Saad and those are BOTH the right moves but hey let’s get hung up on the details that don’t matter.

Just because we agree on the Seabrook deal does not make it as if it didn’t happen, that deal is destructive and is haunting the team till now and he should be held accountable...

All your points are stupid to be put bluntly...

you should have stopped right there - you don't watch the games and you have zero understanding of this team - you prove it time and time again. Murphy has been EASILY in our top 2 defenders since after his first week back, you are freaking clueless overall with this team....to put it bluntly.

Reactions: JLarucci23 and Rolo

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
having picks gives you assets for future deals. i think collecting picks for players that wont be part of the equation in his timeline is a good thing. Maybe they are competing next year and can use a anisimov traded 2nd rounder to get a rental at the deadline and it provides more cap flexibility . im still at the point where i believe assets are as important as players right now. but i guess thats because i think they are in a worse spot then most.

Sure, but the concept is the same. Use the picks to bring in near NHL-ready guys who fit the 18-24 month window rather than using the picks to draft guys that may take 3-4 years to develop.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So in summary Stanley the guy who destroyed team and closed contending window is selling fans on idea he will turn them around in 18-24 months

Snake Oil Salesman he is said this was a playoff team ,, This is admission he failed miserably in 2017

He needs to be held accountable and not given chance

He and his ilk should be fired and purged from organization but sadly Stanley despite 4 years of abysmal performance as GM somehow is getting two more years at very least

With Chia gone Stanley currently is among the top contenders for worst GM in NHL with his performance since offseason of 2015

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If the Hawks are going to sign a big UFA, they probably need to move both Anisimov and Saad. They need to leave room for a plan B in net should Delia be bad.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, just moving AA.

I said it in another thread, but I think the Hawks are going to be kind of hamstrung in goal next year with Crows health. If Crow is healthy, then it's fine. Lighten Crows load a bit, but he's the guy with Delia being the backup. The problem is if he's not. Delia gets a crack at carrying the load, but they would want a good 1B since Delia has so little experience. The problem is, what good 1B type goalie is going to come sign here if there is a 50/50 (who knows the real odds) he'll be the 3rd goalie and playing in Rockford if Crows able to play?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Sure, but the concept is the same. Use the picks to bring in near NHL-ready guys who fit the 18-24 month window rather than using the picks to draft guys that may take 3-4 years to develop.
or draft the players and keep flexability on your lineup. getting rid of anisimov contract for nothing may mean more then having him in 2 years.

im agreeing for the most part but i think any return picks or younger players is better then keeping a contract that will do you no good and may actually hinder you in the future.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don't see why it wouldn't work, just moving AA.

I said it in another thread, but I think the Hawks are going to be kind of hamstrung in goal next year with Crows health. If Crow is healthy, then it's fine. Lighten Crows load a bit, but he's the guy with Delia being the backup. The problem is if he's not. Delia gets a crack at carrying the load, but they would want a good 1B since Delia has so little experience. The problem is, what good 1B type goalie is going to come sign here if there is a 50/50 (who knows the real odds) he'll be the 3rd goalie and playing in Rockford if Crows able to play?
The best thing is for Crow to come back toward the end of the month, play well and the Hawks are able to move him as a 1-year rental this summer. You don't think Calgary would love to have a healthy Crawford?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The best thing is for Crow to come back toward the end of the month, play well and the Hawks are able to move him as a 1-year rental this summer. You don't think Calgary would love to have a healthy Crawford?

Perhaps, but a lot would have to happen for that to be feasible. We don't know when/if Crow is coming back this year. Would Calgary want to trade for Crow without actually seeing him stay healthy for an extended period of time? Would Calgary be a team Crow would want to go? He has a limited NTC.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So in summary Stanley the guy who destroyed team and closed contending window is selling fans on idea he will turn them around in 18-24 months

Snake Oil Salesman he is said this was a playoff team ,, This is admission he failed miserably in 2017

He needs to be held accountable and not given chance

He and his ilk should be fired and purged from organization but sadly Stanley despite 4 years of abysmal performance as GM somehow is getting two more years at very least

With Chia gone Stanley currently is among the top contenders for worst GM in NHL with his performance since offseason of 2015

You are not very good at summarizing things.

4 years of abysmal performance? 2016 and 2017 were not bad performances as you are judged by the product on the ice. You don't seem to understand how evaluation works if this is the conclusion have come to.

It is funny you mention Bowman being the worst when all of the top guys like Bob Mac and Lebrun have said the opposite opinion and reported that most around the league feel the same way. Bowman would have a new job in a second if he were to be fired.

If you don't think he is being held accountable you are just not very intelligent as he clearly has someone who he reports to and clearly has been told to fix things. This requires basic intelligence to be able to see this. Admitting that 2017 was a failure shows that he understands what is at stake and that he know what he needs to fix. The big issue was the coach and he has fixed that so far along with moving out players he clearly wanted and recruited (this is a known fact).

He is not even in the top 10 worst GMs but hey what would you know considering you have been wrong most of the time and even wanted to sell in 2015. You also think Tallon is a good GM so that tells everyone your ability to evaluate GMs.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
76 games 16.5 min a game...the 3 min more a game may be helping him get into the game more tho

Or maybe used correctly or not having to worry about looking over his shoulder the entire time. Q royally f***ed up his handling of Murphy because he was being pissy and throwing a temper tantrum. This is obvious common sense stuff man.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Am I missing something? Why do we need to move either of Saad or Anisimov to be big players in free agency? We have 20 million in cap space with 14 players signed. Having 24 million with 13 signed or 30 with 12 signed isn't really that much better of a position unless you wanted 2 of Stone/Panarin/Karlsson but we probably don't want 2 of them....

We can easily keep them for next year and trade them the year after when Strome and Debrincat will be on new deals. Anisimov's NTC expires after this season as well.

72-15-20 sounds like a pretty sweet third line just saying....

Reactions: AmericanDream

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Am I missing something? Why do we need to move either of Saad or Anisimov to be big players in free agency? We have 20 million in cap space with 14 players signed. Having 24 million with 13 signed or 30 with 12 signed isn't really that much better of a position unless you wanted 2 of Stone/Panarin/Karlsson but we probably don't want 2 of them....

We can easily keep them for next year and trade them the year after when Strome and Debrincat will be on new deals. Anisimov's NTC expires after this season as well.

72-15-20 sounds like a pretty sweet third line just saying....

Panarin on 3rd line ,, Really?

Also we should be looking to dump AA because he is declining as player and will only get worse

As for Saad its time to move on if there is offer there because Saad return to Chicago has been underwhelming and his play doesn't justify his 6M cap hit

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
you should have stopped right there - you don't watch the games and you have zero understanding of this team - you prove it time and time again. Murphy has been EASILY in our top 2 defenders since after his first week back, you are freaking clueless overall with this team....to put it bluntly.

He might be at number 2 spot in the defensive end sure but that’s how weak this Defense is...

It’s Keith and the rest under him, no one is really solid in the back other than him and even he is meh.

I am watching actually just from last game players were going circles around Murphy, if you want I can show you a few clips showing exactly that...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
IF the Hawks are going to sign a big UFA this summer then Anisimov’s cap hit needs to be moved. I’d be fine with just a 2nd rounder back.
IF...IF...IF... I get that, but at this point a 2nd round pick for AA doesn't really do much for the team, and yes you said it could be used as trade bait or whatever..I am saying if you go by what Bowman said, just moving out AA for a 2nd doesn't fit their view...it would have to be because other steps will follow that, and there is no rush to move out AA if his value isn't that great right now or until we know we can land someone else. we can sign Stone/Panarin in the off season, don't need to move AA to do it, we can fit all of them in for the time being...a trade of AA seems more likely at the draft than the deadline if all that is being offered back is a 3rd/2nd round pick IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad