News Article: Bowman lays out “ 18 to 24 months” timeline to hit elite tier

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The idea of the Weise/Fleischmann trade was good, just everyone and their dog knew we needed a 4D instead of two bottom six forwards and thus we still ended up with TvR getting speedbagged in the playoffs.

On the whole though Stan has done quite well the deadline trades dating all the way back to the Leddy/Johnsson (rip) larceny.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There were many posters who questioned TT's work ethic.

From Bowman to Q to the fans, we mishandled TT. Everyone needs to take the L regarding TT.

I can honestly say that I am not one of the people taking an L in regards to TT.

AA improving faceoffs....I take my L.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I can honestly say that I am not one of the people taking an L in regards to TT.

AA improving faceoffs....I take my L.
I remember some posters who loved TT and felt Q was jerking him around. IMO, TT would have made a terrific 3C. He just needed his own line to do his thing.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Sometimes unfortunately it takes a pretty drastic shock for someone to realize they need to improve their work ethic. Such as getting traded.

I don't think they were trying to smear him with the work ethic stuff. Sometimes guys mature and have their own wake-up call. Sometimes it takes getting dumped off to Carolina. C'est la vie.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I remember some posters who loved TT and felt Q was jerking him around. IMO, TT would have made a terrific 3C. He just needed his own line to do his thing.
I think trying to make him a center at all hurt. He wasnt and still wasnt good at center for Carolina

Hes a RW and it was tight yet if they held onto him, slotted him with Toews consistently as Hossa slide down like he did, they would of been well off.

I dont know they were just giving up in him to trade him, but it was a terrible loss and why you gotta still add smart with the upcoming cap and expansion draft, you dont want to screw up to lose someone that good there.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Speaking of bad trades: while Anisimov is fine, Marko Dano was a complete bust. Ville Pokka was another terrible player.
This could morph into the “bad bowman trade thread”. No one mentions giving a 2nd for kimmo?

Man this could be fun. But then he turns that around this year and makes three back to back trades that are astonishing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Q was fan of TT

This idea he was jerking him around or mistreating him is absurd

He used him in all situations and across the top 9 ,, Lets not forget he only played 1 full season in Chicago

LOL bashing Q because of Stanley's horrific asset management

Last edited:

Geoist

May 1, 2015
capitals and penguins are who come to mind....but also these are the teams with the best players in the league so sustained success should come a bit easier with the talent on these teams. so not really a surprise.

Ask any Caps fan if they'd rather have three cups in ten years or one cup and constant playoff woes.

Reactions: Giovi

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I don’t think the argument was would you rather have the Caps decade or the Hawks. It was a question of which teams come close to the Hawks’ level of sustained success.

The question I saw was 'which team had more success than the Hawks.'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad