News Article: Bowman lays out “ 18 to 24 months” timeline to hit elite tier

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Weise wasted a ton of offensive chances just the puck away. Their role was totally different they weetnt even a 1 for 1 because Weise was so bad he couldnt play with that jruger line and help. Yet Higher up he just produced nothing for 15 games. Weise played with Teuvo more than anyone and dragged him down.

Weise simply hurt more by not being Danualt. Yet Mash was what this team had prior or always and won with. A plug that hardly plays and Kane plays more because. Bolig was that the playoffs just before him.

Still far better than Mashinter. Mashinter was not close to as good as Bollig (he could shoot) and Bollig sucked.

We are not comparing PD and Weise, we are comparing Weise and Mashinter. TF put up points early then Q changed things up.

Mashinter might be the single worst hockey player that we've had here during the run (aside from John Scott who punched a lot). I will openly admit I hated Mashinter as a player here.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Not terrible mistakes at all. Not all prospect deals turns out and the value made sense at the time.

Neither D killed the franchise.

Dano is still in the AHl/NHL btw.

Pokka never gained the foot speed and is playing KHL. Nilson is actually in the NHL.
Come on ... you know I'm NOT a Bowman basher ... but Dano and Pokka are terrible players / first round busts. Dano had that one decent stretch with CBus, but he's not a NHL player.

I'm fine with Anisimov, but Dano was bad ... and Pokka was terrible with the Blackhawks.

That said, Bowman had some great trades too.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Come on ... you know I'm NOT a Bowman basher ... but Dano and Pokka are terrible players / first round busts. Dano had that one decent stretch with CBus, but he's not a NHL player.

I'm fine with Anisimov, but Dano was bad ... and Pokka was terrible with the Blackhawks.

That said, Bowman had some great trades too.

I know. I view it differently than you. If you make a trade and the value is right at the time I don't think it makes it a terrible mistake. Everything added up at the time. Just like any business.

Reactions: Geoist

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
You didn’t understand my post. We can both agree that a 2nd and 3rd draft picks have a decent value and are not just given away for free, so the hurricanes believed that they got a positive value in getting TT with Bickel as just a cap dump transaction and that is why they added the two higher draft picks instead of just like a 7th round pick or something. That said theoretically speaking the Hawks didn’t have to give a player in TT caliber that has a much higher value than expected to make the deal happen. This leads me to believe that Stan wanted to trade TT and thought maybe he wouldn’t improve, he thought he had reached his ceiling or he would have had other avenues.
This post makes logical sense but what you are not admitting is that the hawks were moving TT that offseason no matter what. It wasn’t to move pickles it was more than that. Instead of that return what would they have gotten the same as Hartman?

The player TT has become was not the player entering RFA with the hawks. The hawks were moving on.

There are reasons to attack bowman but this trade isn’t one of them IMO.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Agree on Q mishandling that trade.

Hawks fell down 3-1 and Q put together the lines we all expected and they forced game 7.
Thanks for the flashback on what angered me most about q. His seemingly refusal to make the logical lines until the hawks were almost eliminated. He did this over and over again. As if he was arguing with someone about not wanting to do it until he had no choice.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
I have had my doubts about bowman.

But I think this organization has had a tough time under q self scouting their own players.

Daley upsets me more than any others.

But even bread was not utilized properly and the thought was Kane made him. Q never allowed him the chance to work his own line.

Bowman should get the chance to (with his own coach) fix this until Kane and Toews are done and the whole thing needs to be blown up.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
No one is absolving him of the trade so this is not true. It was a bad trade.
I don’t know you always seem to have a justification of everything he says, you don’t absolve but you make ten arguments as to why it was made coming 99% of absolvtion(made up word)

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This post makes logical sense but what you are not admitting is that the hawks were moving TT that offseason no matter what. It wasn’t to move pickles it was more than that. Instead of that return what would they have gotten the same as Hartman?

The player TT has become was not the player entering RFA with the hawks. The hawks were moving on.

There are reasons to attack bowman but this trade isn’t one of them IMO.

Wait what? What do you mean they were moving TT either way? Why?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don’t know you always seem to have a justification of everything he says, you don’t absolve but you make ten arguments as to why it was made coming 99% of absolvtion(made up word)

The is a huge difference between absolving him and what I say. Maybe you are assuming that I am absolving him which has NEVER been the case. Looking for and finding the logic in something is not the same as absolving an action. I have never said he is absolved as I have actively said he has misses and hits. Example: Explaining the logic behind the Panarin deal does not mean I think it is a win or that it worked out well. If I think a trade is a win or loss I bluntly state it.

I think he hits more that you do but I also think you make a lot of sweeping assumptions plus you have a tendency to add in the "beta" "soy boy" garbage which implies you don't have a valid argument (not saying if you do or don't but it is how it appears).

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I have had my doubts about bowman.

But I think this organization has had a tough time under q self scouting their own players.

Daley upsets me more than any others.

But even bread was not utilized properly and the thought was Kane made him. Q never allowed him the chance to work his own line.

Bowman should get the chance to (with his own coach) fix this until Kane and Toews are done and the whole thing needs to be blown up.

The past is the past but there was a treasure trove of experience and knowledge gained by Bowman and his staff going through that run. It would be asinine to replace them now IMO.

If Bowman and Kelley continue to draft as well as they have recently, I don’t see the bottom falling out like it did this last time unless we go all in at the TD more often during the next run. Hopefully, they draft and develop well enough where they can use mostly in house replacements to improve the team.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Fleischmann was good in his time here. Wiese not so much. In hindsight its a bad trade but at the time it made sense with Wiese's playoff reputation.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The past is the past but there was a treasure trove of experience and knowledge gained by Bowman and his staff going through that run. It would be asinine to replace them now IMO.

If Bowman and Kelley continue to draft as well as they have recently, I don’t see the bottom falling out like it did this last time unless we go all in at the TD more often during the next run. Hopefully, they draft and develop well enough where they can use mostly in house replacements to improve the team.
If GMs draft well, that's more than half the battle. You win through the draft with a couple of UFAs sprinkled in. The other big piece of a GM's responsibility is cap management. That said, if you draft well, it doesn't really matter.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Fleischmann was good in his time here. Wiese not so much. In hindsight its a bad trade but at the time it made sense with Wiese's playoff reputation.

Right, Weise had that playoff reputation. But would you pay a premium for a bottom 6 high playoff scorer like Weise or Pisani in the future?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Oh god Pisani was bad.

If it was the last piece to the puzzle yes but it has to be the right trade.

Yeah, I’m honestly not sure if we should value bottom 6 players that score significantly above their usual rate in the playoffs the same as we would with a top 6 guy. It’s a tough call to trade more than a bottom 6er would usually be worth banking on him exploding in the playoffs. I don’t know the answer to that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I’m honestly not sure if we should value bottom 6 players that score significantly above their usual rate in the playoffs the same as we would with a top 6 guy. It’s a tough call to trade more than a bottom 6er would usually be worth banking on him exploding in the playoffs. I don’t know the answer to that.

All depends if we have the capital...

I still like the Ladd trade and obviously the Vermette trade.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Right, Weise had that playoff reputation. But would you pay a premium for a bottom 6 high playoff scorer like Weise or Pisani in the future?
If I think that player can contribute to a cup i absolutely would.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He was an RFA just like Hartman and just like nick. They didn’t value him. His own countryman called his work ethic in question.

Well that’s what I was saying, Stan wanted to trade him that’s why he traded him and it blew up in his face, others here are saying Stan’s hands were tied and that’s why he traded him and he didn’t want to trade him and I don’t buy it. Everyone loved TT and we all knew he had a bright future...

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well that’s what I was saying, Stan wanted to trade him that’s why he traded him and it blew up in his face, others here are saying Stan’s hands were tied and that’s why he traded him and he didn’t want to trade him and I don’t buy it. It blew up in his face tho, everyone loved TT and we all knew he had a bright future...

There were a few that thought he didn't.

Reactions: southernbeardown54

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad