Post-Game Talk: bounce.gif

Margot or Anne?

• Total voters

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
First time I can EVER recall we got any kind of a break playing the Ducks. About time, and we're now owed about 50 more. Thought we played a pretty decent game and Koski made the saves he had to make. Not sure what game you were watching.
Nice to get a break, but it probably wouldn't have happened in their arena and not in the playoffs either.

Reactions: Blue line Howie

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not the greatest looking specimen out there, IMO.

Whenever I see her I can't get the constant fascination. I think you have to be a certain age. Her looks seem to appeal to millennials or younger. I honestly wouldn't turn my head if she was passing by. I couldn't name 2 movies she's in and I've watched some. Her face is very familiar, but not captivating that I even felt like needing to know who it was.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Deliberate, to the head. How the hell does that not warrant a suspension? We'll get yet another clue as to whether Einstein Parros has any idea as to what he's doing in his job.

Somebody else stated earlier how odd it is that a former dirty player said he's well suited for the position because he never got a suspension his whole career (which is an NHL indictment in itself)

Parros is a league poster boy for getting away with shit and they handed him the keys for tribunal.

This is like making Charlie Manson prison warden.

Of course Parros is going to have respect for cheap shot artists and look the other way. Wouldn't put it past him and Perry having a laugh about it.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Whenever I see her I can't get the constant fascination. I think you have to be a certain age. Her looks seem to appeal to millennials or younger. I honestly wouldn't turn my head if she was passing by. I couldn't name 2 movies she's in and I've watched some. Her face is very familiar, but not captivating that I even felt like needing to know who it was.
Pretty homely looking I think. But, hey, to each his own. If some of the kids get a bump from that, good on them.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Can we add Kate Beckinsale as soccer mom/vampire/anything to this poll? Both of the options seem lame in comparison
Thirded, quadrupled...

Beckinsale all day. Stunning beauty.

This is a lesser known movie that I can watch countlessly.

Wife gets to watch Bale, I get Beckinsale. Win/win. ;)

McElhone is interesting as well..

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wow that was some bad bad Hockey tonight I must say. Yay for the wins... against a dead tired Islanders and the putrid Ducks.... but the Oilers still look horrendous out there offensively. Ducks outchanced us and had the more dangerous shots (cause they have SOME shooters and we don't have any). That being said, this is why we signed Kosko. To make those saves, to let us win a couple here and there DESPITE our offence and mediocre defence.

Like I said when we signed him, like I said when he single handedly won a couple games for us earlier this year, he's a legit start. This doesn't mean he's going to win us every game, no goalie can overcome this horrible roster on every night. But he'll do it, a lot more times than Talbot. There's zero way Talbot makes that glove save against Ritchie to keep it 2-1.
Not sure what game you watched tonight. We played pretty decent and kept most of their chances to the outside. Koski made the saves he needed to make, so that was nice to see for once.

Reactions: The Nuge

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ok let's debate this. Hottest Women's curler at the Scotties this year?
I really do like the "Ho", but Silvernagl for Sask is pretty cute and Alberta's 2nd is a sweetie. I really think women's curling would take off if they had a few bikini bonspiels. They certainly have what it takes to make that a success. Put in a few more Questrade commercials where investment guys get ripped a new one, and I might never leave the TV.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
They've already won more games during McDavid's suspension than I thought they would.
What I’ve noticed is they play more of a team, keep it simple, type of game and seem more engaged. They’ve got to figure out how to play this way when he’s in the lineup too. I’m seeing better decisions being made. From my eye it looks like they’re too focussed on getting McDavid the puck that it throws the rest of their game off. They’ve gotta figure out how to stop trying to force plays through him.

Reactions: RegDunlop

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Agreed. And Parros should feel some heat if there isn't even a hearing for this Perry-Nurse incident.
On a side note, shouldn't the head of the department of player safety be someone who has officiated in the NHL and had a good reputation as a ref? Parros made a name for himself by punching faces in. What does he know about player safety exactly?
They’ve had some odd choices in that role over the years.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
He truly shouldn’t be on the air. The guy is the worst commentator/analyst in sports

As I said before I tend to like all commentators, analysts, talking heads, whatever, as they entertain me even if they piss me off!

I used to like Hrudey actually quite a bit when he was in his infancy in broadcasting. His banter with Ron espescially was pleasant and funny and he generally analysed fairly.
But since his comcentric home base posting, he has become a biased, unjustifiable opinionated as$ that is almost unbearable to listen to (for me at least).
As it is with Cherry - whom I will always love even if he goes full dementia and stabs Ron on air - when he rambles and babbles on incessantly I can't listen.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Considering Parros used to shower with Perry, Perry ain’t getting nothing but a bar of soap.

To the guy here I gave my autographed Gagner jersey to 3 years ago: I want it back.

Currie can flat out play. I said that after his first game. He is on the roster next year as a depth forward and you can take that to the bank.

Since the Talbot trade Koskinen has taken the net. Not spectacular but solid. If this is what we get for 13.5 x 3 I’m in.

Someone shut the ****ing marching band and fake organist down please.

Lots of empty seats.

My Uber ride home was very good. 5 Stars.

I want pizza.

Too small sample for me yet on Currie but based on AHL perfomance and what I see so far I like. A lot. His tenacity is a main ingredient that's missing on this team.

As well, on the condition he continues to play the way he has, I want Cave written in ink as our 3rd line centre next year.

A small victory for ol Pete.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I had a feeling the team would. One together and play well in Connor's absence. Decent game from everyone and they pulled out a regulation W.to leap past the ducks in the standings. One more game to learn how to play as a team and then hopefully carry it forward with Connor back.

Keep the W's coming!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Sometimes differences in views are quantifiable. The bolded is just plain wrong. The Ducks didn't have anybody in the lineup that is good at scoring. They are HORRIBLE, absolutely horrible, last place in the league in scoring. The Oilers have 31 more goals than the Ducks. Your argument is not even close to being valid. The Ducks are the team in the league that any goalie would LOVE to play every game against.

Koski has played well the last couple games, but the Ducks severely lack finish. The leading Ducks scorer has lmfao 16 goals. That is FUTILE. We have 4 players with more goals than any Duck. Who do the Ducks have? The ghost of Corey Perry and Kesler? Getzlaf wasn't even in the lineup. That Ducks team is so unskilled its a joke. Even compared to the Oilers.

Man, when Jacob Silvferberg is your leading scorer you should just fold the franchise. Does anybody even go to Ducks games anymore?

I don't subscribe to his theory of us being shitte, but it wasn't exactly a walk in the park Kazanski either.

Fowler and Rackell dangerous all night.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't subscribe to his theory of us being ****te, but it wasn't exactly a walk in the park Kazanski either.

Fowler and Rackell dangerous all night.

Dangerous implies the players in question can score, or ever do. Rakell scoring has fallen right off a cliff. He's the ducks version of Milan Lucic except he does nothing at all.

When Rieder or Cave get a chance I don't consider it dangerous either.

The Ducks can't finish to save their lives. That team is so boring they put me to sleep. lol, does anybody watch Ducks games?

Any player they have with real talent is way past it. That team is only the ghost of Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler. Its scary to think how bad that team will be even without them.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
He's a 26 year old "kid". But yes, good for Josh, I wish him success.

While in this day and age of the game, I certainly wouldn't give up much for a career minor leaguer at 26 years of age, but it is possible to be successful and thrive. Injuiries, personal things, opportunites, personalities, etc can all play a role in development. And 26 is not that old.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Dangerous implies the players in question can score, or ever do. Rakell scoring has fallen right off a cliff. He's the ducks version of Milan Lucic except he does nothing at all.

When Rieder or Cave get a chance I don't consider it dangerous either.

The Ducks can't finish to save their lives. That team is so boring they put me to sleep. lol, does anybody watch Ducks games?

Any player they have with real talent is way past it. That team is only the ghost of Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler. Its scary to think how bad that team will be even without them.

Agree with team assessment.

But IMO you're way off with Rakell. Having a crap year with a crap team. Hmm where have we seen that before?
I'd have that 30-35 goal scorer on my yeam anyday.

Reactions: TB12 and LaGu

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Somebody else stated earlier how odd it is that a former dirty player said he's well suited for the position because he never got a suspension his whole career (which is an NHL indictment in itself)

Parros is a league poster boy for getting away with **** and they handed him the keys for tribunal.

This is like making Charlie Manson prison warden.

Of course Parros is going to have respect for cheap shot artists and look the other way. Wouldn't put it past him and Perry having a laugh about it.

Growing up I worked the rigs.
Never could understand the concept behind the structure of this business practise -
When a worker got hurt in any fashion, if he couldn't return to his position, he joined the safety department and became a part of shaping and planning future objectives.
Couldn't ever wrap my head around that!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad