Post-Game Talk: bounce.gif

Margot or Anne?

• Total voters

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
To whomever edited my poll you just ruined the Batman theme!
5961180593_2283261581_b.jpg

But for Kate Beckinsale I don't mind.

I stand by it :nod:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I forgot to post this earlier and I can't get to PVR.

I hate (but love) that POS Lindholm. Didn't tealize he was so dirty. (Talented though too!)

Anyway when Larsen blew him up (awesome) I remember thinking - uh oh maybe head shot. Was I delisional?!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Like I said beauty is all in the eyes of the beholder. I can't get beyond her face or vacant or dour expression. Just don't like her, that is seldom an objective thing at all. But her movies are truly awful. Its uncanny how many juvenile roles she's been in. Its hard to take seriously. Then she goes into a movie like Serenity and expects actual adults will like it? Nobody did.

Just on another side but its a big issue with Hollywood. Most of what they ever make is comic book movies and fairy tails and bad remakes. So that whole generations of actors/actresses have had a lack of good roles in which to develop. Hollywood is a junk factory and they wonder why people stopped going. How many Transformers movies can anybody want to go to? The worst thing is you stop even being able to see good dramatic actors/actresses in any kind of role that is appealing. you have to watch them in comic book movies or hardly ever see them.
I avoided all the “comic book” movies for as long as I could because I’m not a comic book guy. I have started watching them lately and I’ve enjoyed some of them. Most of the stuff that’s being made now that’s actually any good are the independent films and those are so hit and miss that you have to rely on word of mouth.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I forgot to post this earlier and I can't get to PVR.

I hate (but love) that POS Lindholm. Didn't tealize he was so dirty. (Talented though too!)

Anyway when Larsen blew him up (awesome) I remember thinking - uh oh maybe head shot. Was I delisional?!
He’s got a lot of role models on that team.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I stand by it :nod:
Sorry, but don't get the attraction of Kate Beckingsale. Nothing unique or special about her. She could be any of a thousand girls anywhere.

She's like the Ryan Strome of actresses. Okay, but not great. Easily forgettable.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not sure what the fascination with Anne Hathaway is. Her eyes?
62d4f711bf55edb0b3125e32ee1b6a4d.jpg

Maybe its her smile:
anne-hathaway.jpg
I have a hard time telling her from the joker. Maybe they gave her the wrong batman role.. that mouths is sooooooooooooooooooo wiiiiiiiiddddddddeeeeeee

Plus she looks like somebody that could grow hair in her ears. something so off. Being honest here, until yesterday I had just assumed people thought she was an ugly duckling. Always looked unusual to me. I learn something different almost every day that people think she's a beauty. ;)

I could post several Anne Hathaway crying pictures on here but they look more disturbing than Gaudreau and I'm not THAT mean. ;)

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I avoided all the “comic book” movies for as long as I could because I’m not a comic book guy. I have started watching them lately and I’ve enjoyed some of them. Most of the stuff that’s being made now that’s actually any good are the independent films and those are so hit and miss that you have to rely on word of mouth.

Absolutely. Independent, Euro, World, even Canadian movies I generally find better than over blown Hollywood mass marketed movies. Occasionally a Hollywood film still works for me but not often. No new actors are coming up. I think the same dynamic that stymied the music industry is rotting out the pop movie industry. Pop culture is such pablum. Used to be the Stones or Beatles at one point and great artistic directors making films that could be arthouse or cinema. I can't imagine what Kubrick would think about this world.

Panthera

Sep 25, 2017
Oilers win without McDavid. Perry goes head hunting on Nurse and gets away with it, the refs actually disallow a goal due to goaltender interference...An interference call goes Edmontons way against Anaheim...!

And this topic is like 90% talking about how hot various actresses are...?

I'm confuse

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ducks are definitely snakebitten this year, there’s no denying that. Their confidence is down, hey are obviously playing like sh*t. That being said, in their most recent outting, the one that all of us watched, they outchanced the Oilers, they got the cleaner, harder, better placed shots on our goalie. And Kosko came through in flying colors, you can talk about their stats all day long, but the most relevant read of the last nights game is what actually happened in last nights game.

Score effects dictated the way the game went imo. The Oilers kind of let up it seemed to me at 2-0 and stopped taking the Ducks seriously. tbh I can't really blame them for that. The Ducks look like a team that wouldn't be great in the AHL. Perry and Kesler seem particularly mad that they are old by hockey standards and the game has passed them by. About all they can do is gum people to death, or try to sucker punch them I guess.

The Ducks are pathetic, and the worst thing is they all know it, thus what bad actors they are. That team is so f***ing jaded.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers win without McDavid. Perry goes head hunting on Nurse and gets away with it, the refs actually disallow a goal due to goaltender interference...An interference call goes Edmontons way against Anaheim...!

I'm confuse

Because almost anything is preferable to talking about this toast season. We're just keeping the fires burning really or nobody would be reading or posting. Noobdy would be if we weren't talking OT.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006

I'm confuse

What? The Oilers played last night?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->