Post-Game Talk: bounce.gif

Margot or Anne?

• Total voters

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
We were wrong about polls the whole time! No wonder we were losing!
Oh and B:jump::jump:bs.
Oh no, don't be fooled by the wins, the jinx is very real. The fans here just found a way to counteract it, to get the... bounces:jump::jump:... to go our way. Kind of like how we as fans gave energy to the team during the playoff run. It's powerful but who knows how long it'll last.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
The Ducks are so bad, they make the Oilers without McDavid look like a passable hockey team. Man, that is BAD.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wow that was some bad bad Hockey tonight I must say. Yay for the wins... against a dead tired Islanders and the putrid Ducks.... but the Oilers still look horrendous out there offensively. Ducks outchanced us and had the more dangerous shots (cause they have SOME shooters and we don't have any). That being said, this is why we signed Kosko. To make those saves, to let us win a couple here and there DESPITE our offence and mediocre defence.

Like I said when we signed him, like I said when he single handedly won a couple games for us earlier this year, he's a legit start. This doesn't mean he's going to win us every game, no goalie can overcome this horrible roster on every night. But he'll do it, a lot more times than Talbot. There's zero way Talbot makes that glove save against Ritchie to keep it 2-1.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Perry is still a little shit.

What a night for Currie, feel good for the guy. Scores 1st NHL goal and then goes on HNIC for a great interview.

D0JryvjUcAAtzf6.jpg
What happened to his eye? I missed all but the final five minutes of the game.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Unwarranted lucky break. That was a good goal. Larsson, Klefbom, Draisaitl all doing nothing but getting in Koskinen’s way. And RNH shoving the Duck player into the crease. Pitiful panic hockey that we’ve come to expect from this team.
Seriosuly Harpoon? It was clear as day that RNH was pulling at the player and not pushing him at all.

Reactions: space321

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
I can't believe how well Sekera is playing given the circumstances. Great to have a vet like that back in the locker room and on the ice. Doubt he will ever be worth his contract again but it is much better than barly passing as an NHLer like I thought would happen.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Catching up on the thread this morning tells me one thing...there was a lot of booze consumed before some of those posts last night...lol
200w.webp

I can't believe how well Sekera is playing given the circumstances. Great to have a vet like that back in the locker room and on the ice. Doubt he will ever be worth his contract again but it is much better than barly passing as an NHLer like I thought would happen.

Yeah, agree completely. He put in a lot of work this off season to try and fix his game, just bad luck that his Achilles got injured.

Last edited:
Reactions: McNuge

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Any word on whether Perry is getting a hearing for his head shot?

Nothing from DOPS yet and I don't expect there will be. Ducks play the Canucks Monday so you'd think they would have announced Perry is getting a hearing by now but it's the NHL and they allow the Ducks to play by an NHL Recommendation Book, we play by an NHL Rule Book.
Hopefully Nurse gives it to Perry the next game.

Reactions: A91 and McDrai

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Nothing from DOPS yet and I don't expect there will be. Ducks play the Canucks Monday so you'd think they would have announced Perry is getting a hearing by now but it's the NHL and they allow the Ducks to play by an NHL Recommendation Book, we play by an NHL Rule Book.
Hopefully Nurse gives it to Perry the next game.

If the NHL does nothing, it just proves how ridiculously bush league it is.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If the NHL does nothing, it just proves how ridiculously bush league it is.

Agreed. And Parros should feel some heat if there isn't even a hearing for this Perry-Nurse incident.
On a side note, shouldn't the head of the department of player safety be someone who has officiated in the NHL and had a good reputation as a ref? Parros made a name for himself by punching faces in. What does he know about player safety exactly?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wow that was some bad bad Hockey tonight I must say. Yay for the wins... against a dead tired Islanders and the putrid Ducks.... but the Oilers still look horrendous out there offensively. Ducks outchanced us and had the more dangerous shots (cause they have SOME shooters and we don't have any). That being said, this is why we signed Kosko. To make those saves, to let us win a couple here and there DESPITE our offence and mediocre defence.

Like I said when we signed him, like I said when he single handedly won a couple games for us earlier this year, he's a legit start. This doesn't mean he's going to win us every game, no goalie can overcome this horrible roster on every night. But he'll do it, a lot more times than Talbot. There's zero way Talbot makes that glove save against Ritchie to keep it 2-1.

Sometimes differences in views are quantifiable. The bolded is just plain wrong. The Ducks didn't have anybody in the lineup that is good at scoring. They are HORRIBLE, absolutely horrible, last place in the league in scoring. The Oilers have 31 more goals than the Ducks. Your argument is not even close to being valid. The Ducks are the team in the league that any goalie would LOVE to play every game against.

Koski has played well the last couple games, but the Ducks severely lack finish. The leading Ducks scorer has lmfao 16 goals. That is FUTILE. We have 4 players with more goals than any Duck. Who do the Ducks have? The ghost of Corey Perry and Kesler? Getzlaf wasn't even in the lineup. That Ducks team is so unskilled its a joke. Even compared to the Oilers.

Man, when Jacob Silvferberg is your leading scorer you should just fold the franchise. Does anybody even go to Ducks games anymore?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Unwarranted lucky break. That was a good goal. Larsson, Klefbom, Draisaitl all doing nothing but getting in Koskinen’s way. And RNH shoving the Duck player into the crease. Pitiful panic hockey that we’ve come to expect from this team.
First time I can EVER recall we got any kind of a break playing the Ducks. About time, and we're now owed about 50 more. Thought we played a pretty decent game and Koski made the saves he had to make. Not sure what game you were watching.

Reactions: Oilhawks and guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad