Post-Game Talk: bounce.gif

Margot or Anne?

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Agree with team assessment.

But IMO you're way off with Rakell. Having a crap year with a crap team. Hmm where have we seen that before?
I'd have that 30-35 goal scorer on my yeam anyday.

Could be. I liked him before. What on Earth happened to him this season. He's not only not scoring, he's just a horrible player all round this year. His compete level has really gone down.

One of the really disappointing things in the NHL is how increasingly common it is for players now to have complete mail in seasons or multiples of them. Players that do that, I have limited respect for.

I have all kinds of patience for players that have a substandard 10 or 20 games but complete season of dog f***ing is not acceptable.

But man, the Ducks are so bad. They don't have one upcoming player. lol that they thought Henrique was going to carry the team. Such a wanker. Some players shouldn't be in the WC. Henrique should have stayed in EC.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m with you 100%. Anne Hathaway is amazing. Her work in Love And Other Drugs was eye opening.

Most people despise her from what I'm seeing online. She's boring in appearance imo. Like I say wouldn't look a second time. Doesn't help that I don't like any of the kinds of movies she is in. I can't even say I like her acting. Puts me to sleep.

Even Hathaway herself said she's plain and boring. A girl in highschool I would never even think of. The kind you look at in the yearbook and faintly remember.

But beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder. We all are attracted to different things. She's a bean pole waif to me that looks pale, dour, and dull, dull, dull.

185385536.jpg

Dirt McGintty

Jan 29, 2019
Too small sample for me yet on Currie but based on AHL perfomance and what I see so far I like. A lot. His tenacity is a main ingredient that's missing on this team.

As well, on the condition he continues to play the way he has, I want Cave written in ink as our 3rd line centre next year.

A small victory for ol Pete.

So I googled Josh Currie last night after the game. He impressed the hell out of me so I wanted to check out his past stats etc. I kind of thought he was just a skill guy and was shocked to see the amount of fights hes been in and how well he handles himself in that regard. Was nice to see him and Cave get some offensive looks on the second power play last night as they had a nice game going.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

So I googled Josh Currie last night after the game. He impressed the hell out of me so I wanted to check out his past stats etc. I kind of thought he was just a skill guy and was shocked to see the amount of fights hes been in and how well he handles himself in that regard. Was nice to see him and Cave get some offensive looks on the second power play last night as they had a nice game going.

Currie dropped that Gulls player with a solid hook in the top vid.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If the NHL does nothing, it just proves how ridiculously bush league it is.

Lets suspend McDavid and Karlsson who accidentally skated into opponents who were extending for the puck, but lets let DOPS bad boys Perry and Simmonds get away with intentionally trying to end the career of an opposing player because its the NHL and we make this shit up as we go along.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sometimes differences in views are quantifiable. The bolded is just plain wrong. The Ducks didn't have anybody in the lineup that is good at scoring. They are HORRIBLE, absolutely horrible, last place in the league in scoring. The Oilers have 31 more goals than the Ducks. Your argument is not even close to being valid. The Ducks are the team in the league that any goalie would LOVE to play every game against.

Koski has played well the last couple games, but the Ducks severely lack finish. The leading Ducks scorer has lmfao 16 goals. That is FUTILE. We have 4 players with more goals than any Duck. Who do the Ducks have? The ghost of Corey Perry and Kesler? Getzlaf wasn't even in the lineup. That Ducks team is so unskilled its a joke. Even compared to the Oilers.

Man, when Jacob Silvferberg is your leading scorer you should just fold the franchise. Does anybody even go to Ducks games anymore?

Ducks are definitely snakebitten this year, there’s no denying that. Their confidence is down, hey are obviously playing like sh*t. That being said, in their most recent outting, the one that all of us watched, they outchanced the Oilers, they got the cleaner, harder, better placed shots on our goalie. And Kosko came through in flying colors, you can talk about their stats all day long, but the most relevant read of the last nights game is what actually happened in last nights game.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Most people despise her from what I'm seeing online. She's boring in appearance imo. Like I say wouldn't look a second time. Doesn't help that I don't like any of the kinds of movies she is in. I can't even say I like her acting. Puts me to sleep.

Even Hathaway herself said she's plain and boring. A girl in highschool I would never even think of. The kind you look at in the yearbook and faintly remember.

But beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder. We all are attracted to different things. She's a bean pole waif to me that looks pale, dour, and dull, dull, dull.

185385536.jpg
A bean pole waif? Ha. She would fit in nicely bouncing away in a future GDT.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not sure what game you watched tonight. We played pretty decent and kept most of their chances to the outside. Koski made the saves he needed to make, so that was nice to see for once.

So you agree the defence for once wasn’t an entire sh*t show, and Lo and behold Kosko throws up a .971 performance. But let’s not give all the credit to the Oilers defence, the goal against was a complete and utter f*ck up by Benning and Ritchie being left wide open in he slot with time and space to tie the game Kosko bailed us out on. So like I’ve been saving; combine average to mediocre defence with Koskos ability to come up with a big save here and there and we got ourselves a legit starter.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Growing up I worked the rigs.
Never could understand the concept behind the structure of this business practise -
When a worker got hurt in any fashion, if he couldn't return to his position, he joined the safety department and became a part of shaping and planning future objectives.
Couldn't ever wrap my head around that!
Great analogy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
A bean pole waif? Ha. She would fit in nicely bouncing away in a future GDT.

nothing to bounce, and I wouldn't want to look.

Hathaway is an example of everything wrong with movies and Hollywood. Mindless tripe floated out for decades. Wizard of Oz movies so bad people knew Depp had finally completely lost his mind.

I made the mistake of going to an Anne Hathaway movie, Serenity. But I didn't even know she was in it or I would never have gone. I went because I like Matthew McConaughey and he usually has good films.

Serenity is the worst movie since any last Hathaway movie. Indescribably bad. Hathaway is always in movies with idiotic premises. Fables, Princesses, Alice in Blunderlands. So many of her movies are critically panned and not hard to see why.

her types of movie choices, and Hollywood doing these kinds of films so much is why so many people stopped going to movies.

Hathaways last 2 movies of note (only notable due to how lol bad they are) were Collosal, and now this Serenity tripe.

People were walking out of the theater. But being an Oilers fan I'm a sucker for pain and seeing how badly things end.

My lord people, do not see this movie.

But she "endorses it" lol

She's handpicked mindless movies like Princess Diaries, Colossal, multiple Wizard movies, Ella Enchanted, etc. I can't honestly see how anybody over 15 would like her standard dreck. But few people do. Her movies get low ratings almost all the time. How is she still in movies?

Last edited:
Reactions: McDrai

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
nothing to bounce.

I made the mistake of going to an Anne Hathaway movie, Serenity. But I didn't even know she was in it or I would never go. I went because I like Matthew McConaughey and he usually ahs good films.

Serenity is the worst movie in decades. Indescribably bad. Hathaway is always in movies with idiotic premises. Fables, Princesses, Alice in Blunderlands. So many of her movies are critically panned and not hard to see why.

her types of movie choices, and Hollywood doing these kinds of films so much is why so many people stopped going to movies.

Hathaways last 2 movies of note (only notable due to how lol bad they are) were Collosal, and now this Serenity tripe.

People were walking out of the theater. But being an Oilers fan I'm a sucker for pain and seeing how badly things end.

She's handpicked movies like Princess Diaries, Colossal, multiple Wizard movies, Ella Enchanted, etc. I can't honestly see how anybody over 15 would like her standard dreck. But few people do. Her movies get low ratings almost all the time. How is she still in movies making ever more bombs?
Nothing to bounce....I got a few clips for you...

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
nothing to bounce.

I made the mistake of going to an Anne Hathaway movie, Serenity. But I didn't even know she was in it or I would never go. I went because I like Matthew McConaughey and he usually ahs good films.

Serenity is the worst movie in decades. Indescribably bad. Hathaway is always in movies with idiotic premises. Fables, Princesses, Alice in Blunderlands. So many of her movies are critically panned and not hard to see why.

She's handpicked movies like Princess Diaries, Colossal, multiple Wizard movies, Ella Enchanted, etc. I can't honestly see how anybody over 15 would like her standard dreck. But few people do. Her movies get low ratings almost all the time. How is she still in movies making ever more bombs?
You drank way too much last night, lol. I’m fine with you saying you don’t like her movies or that you don’t find her attractive. I get it. But to call her a bean pole or say she has nothing to bounce may very well be the dumbest stuff you’ve ever posted;). Check out some of those pictures Batman posted.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
2nGGv9p.gif

The artifacts from Sportsnet's transition and my stream is bugging the hell out of me. Think I'll go frame by frame to fix this and maybe stabilize it too...

Updated:
4yXns2d.gif

Here's the updated GIF. That was not fun, but I'm just playing my part in immortalizing these meaningful moments involving McDavid.:laugh:

Last edited:

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Man, you guys are picky. If anyone came up to me that looked like them, I'd be sold! :laugh:

Glad to see the team come together to beat the Ducks. Also sounds like the Condors are a great team. Good for them.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Could be. I liked him before. What on Earth happened to him this season. He's not only not scoring, he's just a horrible player all round this year. His compete level has really gone down.

One of the really disappointing things in the NHL is how increasingly common it is for players now to have complete mail in seasons or multiples of them. Players that do that, I have limited respect for.

I have all kinds of patience for players that have a substandard 10 or 20 games but complete season of dog ****ing is not acceptable.

But man, the Ducks are so bad. They don't have one upcoming player. lol that they thought Henrique was going to carry the team. Such a wanker. Some players shouldn't be in the WC. Henrique should have stayed in EC.

I never thought of it that way but you're right.

Always excused a decent players 20 - 30 junk games as it can happen. But outside of injury or external trauma, what the hell could be the reason for a whole season (or more) to be garbage?
Good point. Most good to great players do not have this aberration.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You drank way too much last night, lol. I’m fine with you saying you don’t like her movies or that you don’t find her attractive. I get it. But to call her a bean pole or say she has nothing to bounce may very well be the dumbest stuff you’ve ever posted;). Check out some of those pictures Batman posted.

Like I said beauty is all in the eyes of the beholder. I can't get beyond her face or vacant or dour expression. Just don't like her, that is seldom an objective thing at all. But her movies are truly awful. Its uncanny how many juvenile roles she's been in. Its hard to take seriously. Then she goes into a movie like Serenity and expects actual adults will like it? Nobody did.

Just on another side but its a big issue with Hollywood. Most of what they ever make is comic book movies and fairy tails and bad remakes. So that whole generations of actors/actresses have had a lack of good roles in which to develop. Hollywood is a junk factory and they wonder why people stopped going. How many Transformers movies can anybody want to go to? The worst thing is you stop even being able to see good dramatic actors/actresses in any kind of role that is appealing. you have to watch them in comic book movies or hardly ever see them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad