Botta: If Belmont stalls, Islanders have option to play in Coliseum for two extra years

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

You tell em Cal. Aint nobody on the team is upset that they are playing more games at the Coli -- this way -- when they lose 5-2 to Columbus, they are home in time to catch Seinfeld at 11.

It would be one thing to have that shitty commute to end up at a great arena.. but...

Reactions: MJF

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
The major difference is that the Islanders players had an EASY commute until the move to Barclays. If a player signed with the Islanders due to the "country club atmosphere", having a longer commute to and from games was not what they signed up for. The Rangers commute has been that way from Day 1 for every player on that roster. They knew what they were getting into.

I too have long grown tired about the players *****ing about the commute, but it's not like they're going to have to worry about it after 2/28/19. I'm convinced that's the last Islanders hockey game that will ever be played at Barclays Center. Starting in March, they'll be at the Coliseum full-time until Belmont is done.

I also think the Islanders players ultimately could not adapt to sudden increase in commute.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00