Botta: If Belmont stalls, Islanders have option to play in Coliseum for two extra years

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Went to a few Devils/Isles games at Barclays and the Isles don't belong in that rusting black and white hipsterland dump. It was an Isles black 3rd jersey game and a good portion of the crowd booed them upon seeing them in black. Next time I saw them there they came out in their real uniforms and were universally cheered.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Went to a few Devils/Isles games at Barclays and the Isles don't belong in that rusting black and white hipsterland dump. It was an Isles black 3rd jersey game and a good portion of the crowd booed them upon seeing them in black. Next time I saw them there they came out in their real uniforms and were universally cheered.

They booed over jerseys?

Strange

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Yea I didn't expect it. But you have people partaking in an uncomfortable commute into an area they'd rather avoid and spending a ton of money, the least they could do is have the team come out and wear their real nice classic jerseys. So I could sympathize

Just saying I was at those games.....no clue what you speak of...nor understand what it has to do with playing in the coliseum

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Baghdad Botta is a 2005-2009 ish nickname on HF. I had a previous username which I forgot, (I believe something to do with Felix Potivn) but that used to be the joke. I'm sure the older posters would be able to fill in why he was called that. He had horrendous relations with the Isles, blew up the "Blogger Box," (DeeKarl, BD, etc) and just hated Garth. Hated Ted Nolan. Hated Brendan Witt. Hated DP. (Loved Trent Hunter....I believe?) His bulls**** was always no one wants to play at the coliseum, no one wants to coach, Wang doing his best, etc.

Lol. I was around the whole time. I remember BD's infantile rants quite well.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Just saying I was at those games.....no clue what you speak of...nor understand what it has to do with playing in the coliseum

The way my bro and I saw it (he's the Isles fan) is that any cheap Brooklynization was met with immediate resistance. They're a suburban LI franchise. And that place didn't seem fit to host hockey at all

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
They should redraw the county lines so that the coliseum is in Queens.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I don't go to many games so its not a big deal to me, but the old arenas were all so much more fun for games. I'm sure the new arena would be nice, but the Nassau Coliseums, Boston Gardens, Maple Leaf Gardens were so great especially for hockey. I hadn't been to Nassau in a while several years ago, and after seeing games in the new giant Montreal and Boston arenas, I couldn't believe how intimate the arena was. And it rocked like the new ones can't. I wish we could hassle Tavares there.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
No not at all, this is so we don't get caught with our pants down and no where to go. That would be worrisome.

Right. Like I've said before... people really dont think the owners should be prepared for at least the possibility that there will be a delay? Being proactive is not a bad thing. Knowing that the islanders won't be playing in Bridgeport if Belmont is delayed is obviously good.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

You made a number if mistakes here.

Never go to an isles Devs game. Boring as shit.

Dont go to Brooklyn to see a game..arena sucks

And they were booing bailey and the cupholders, not the uniforms.

Good post tho.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
They should redraw the county lines so that the coliseum is in Queens.

That would be even greater than great. I live in Nassau but my work jurisdiction is 5 boroughs. A chance to be off the LIRR ( Loud Inconsiderate Rude Riders) for a couple years would be a pleasure. I will sign the petition

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I've been to many games at nvmc, and won't ever go back. I understand being nostalgic for the wins, but not for the dump itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad