Boston NYR is the epitome of the nhl now.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
These aren't the early 2010's Bruins either. Especially with Lauzon and Miller out.

No Lucics, McQuaids, Hortons, Thorntons, Chara's or Campbells out there to stir shit up.

What about Marchand? Oh, that's right, he only stirs up trouble when he has someone to protect him on the ice.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
f*** goonery. It was fun in the past but with what we now know about head injuries, with the speed and beauty of the game- no. Never mind mainstream appeal or the fact that these guys are playing a condensed, shortened season that really discourages getting unnecessarily dinged up- I want blood dammit! Why can’t the world cater to my particular caveman tastes?

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Marchand doesn't have Chara, Lucic or Thornton goon squad defending him anymore. Of course he's not gonna make a scene out there.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Someone between 38 and 94 years old.
Nowadays on the internet it seems like it's, anyone older than you = boomer, anyone younger than you = zooomer.

It's pretty funny. To me it's a state of mind thing anyways.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Down 6-1? Don’t try anymore. Just go out and skate around. Even 5 years ago that 3rd would’ve taken over an hour, easily. Then again, you can’t hit, fight or send any messages. Someone might get offended.

Ps.. in before “ok boomer”
Covid/Shinny hockey. No fans. No one paying $$ to watch , so nobody complaining or talking of cancelling season tickets. Teams / players take nights off. The North division has been play shinny pretty well from the start. Forty seven year old Spezza gets a hat rick, going end to end untouched. Games postponed every night. No real practicing.
If it wasnt for the pandemic keeping me home most evenings and freezing temps I would not even be watching the PSL. Pro Shinny League.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Down 6-1? Don’t try anymore. Just go out and skate around. Even 5 years ago that 3rd would’ve taken over an hour, easily. Then again, you can’t hit, fight or send any messages. Someone might get offended.

Ps.. in before “ok boomer”
What? There was a lot of big hits, scrums etc.

This was a physical game. Fun AF to watch.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If your team is getting trounced and the game is mega boring, just turn it off. When my grandfather was a kid in Saskatchewan he used to listen to Foster Hewitt broadcast Leafs games over the radio . I 100% promise that he turned the boring games off and went to milk the cows or something.

Reactions: Nihiliste

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
What about Marchand? Oh, that's right, he only stirs up trouble when he has someone to protect him on the ice.

You clearly didn’t actually watch the game.

Tried to fight someone in the first minute and was involved in the chippiness all night.

Chipdagger

Nov 7, 2018
I feel like something is missing from the game the past 5 to 10 years maybe I’m just getting old

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Studnicka crosschecked 2 guys up high and somehow got away with it. I don't know what's up with Trent Frederic targeting Lafreniere, but I would be surprised if he isn't invited to the dance floor on Sunday. I thought this was a pretty chippy game by today's standard.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
These aren't the early 2010's Bruins either. Especially with Lauzon and Miller out.

No Lucics, McQuaids, Hortons, Thorntons, Chara's or Campbells out there to stir shit up.
This is the answer.

OP isn’t wrong. Guys are just wired differently now. I’m sure there are still coaches in the league who wouldn’t mind a little message sending until they look at their bench and realize they’d just end up having several sent to the hospital if they got in an actual dust up.

When Marchand took the knee last night (not dirty just a shit happens collision) that was probably where someone on the Bruins should’ve at least taken a 4 minute minor. I’d honestly be a little disappointed if I’m I was a vet (that carries their mail 3 quarters of the time) in that situation.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I feel like something is missing from the game the past 5 to 10 years maybe I’m just getting old

Its definitely a softer league than it used to be. I always preferred when hockey was a mix of physical and skilled play . . . hopefully it returns to that place at some point.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
The op has a good point. In this game, the NYR got their 5 goal lead in the second period. There was still another 20 mins of game left. It’s unlikely that the Bruins would have been able to climb back into the game. But it has happened before. However, both teams just gave into the expected result and went through the motions to get through the third. This is no fault of the NYR; they rightfully accepted complacency to coast to a win. But the Bruins gave up too early. They just stopped trying.

Reactions: cliffclaven

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Just a Boston fan salty Chara isn’t there anymore to clean everyone’s diaper up and that his team no longer made up of prison convicts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad