Boston NYR is the epitome of the nhl now.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Why would Fox fight there? Nothing happened. When you are the best player on your team, you shouldn’t partake in made up conflicts that have you sitting in the box for a long time.
It was a stupid reach by Marchand to try to get his team into it. It came from nothing and it grew to nothing. Marchand should have got 2 mins for roughing. But Peel.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Marchand isn't exactly a challenge in a fight and hurts the Bruins off the ice quite a bit. Why wouldn't he? A good chance to make a statement.

In the end it didn't matter as NYR bullied the Bruins for the rest of the game, but I will always remember Fox turtling to Marchand. Literally turtling to the ice.
That’s a weak view of it. Fox was in no position to fight. Marchand had his gloves off and was punching before fox was even in a stand up position. That’s pathetic by Marchand.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
It was a stupid reach by Marchand to try to get his team into it. It came from nothing and it grew to nothing. Marchand should have got 2 mins for roughing. But Peel.
Fox put him in a headlock behind the play. I don't have a problem with that but I can see why Marchand was heated. If we're calling what Marchand did a penalty than you could surely call what Fox did interference and they're both in the box.

Reactions: Score8

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Fox put him in a headlock behind the play. I don't have a problem with that but I can see why Marchand was heated. If were calling what Marchand did a penalty than you could surely call what Fox did interference and they're both in the box.
Dropping your gloves is always a penalty. The refs ignored it. Interference is arbitrary. You have to call Marchand for what he did. You don’t have to fox for what he did. Or are you a Tim Peel fan.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Covid/Shinny hockey. No fans. No one paying $$ to watch , so nobody complaining or talking of cancelling season tickets. Teams / players take nights off. The North division has been play shinny pretty well from the start. Forty seven year old Spezza gets a hat rick, going end to end untouched. Games postponed every night. No real practicing.
If it wasnt for the pandemic keeping me home most evenings and freezing temps I would not even be watching the PSL. Pro Shinny League.
North league hasn't missed a game yet. Anyways people will complain just to complain , stop acting like children fans and if you don't like it watch something else its literally the age of streaming . Nothing is making you watch something you don't like .

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fox put him in a headlock behind the play. I don't have a problem with that but I can see why Marchand was heated. If we're calling what Marchand did a penalty than you could surely call what Fox did interference and they're both in the box.

He put him in a headlock because Marchand hit him after he let the puck go. Marchand's hit wasn't really that late, but thats the typical away from the puck stuff we see happen on every shift. It doesn't need to result in one player getting heated enough that he's going to drop his gloves.

Marchand needs to have a better feel for that situation. There's a reason its a roughing penalty when only one guy drops his gloves and the other doesn't. The roughing penalty is on the guy who dropped his gloves, not the guy who didn't drop his gloves. Why do you think that is?

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
North league hasn't missed a game yet. Anyways people will complain just to complain , stop acting like children fans and if you don't like it watch something else its literally the age of streaming . Nothing is making you watch something you don't like .
Enjoy your shinny league. The other three play hockey.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I agree, gooning it up wouldn’t have done a thing and that era of hockey is over for good.

My issue as a Bruins fan is we’ve been embarrassed two nights in a row. Take away our rout of Philly in Lake Tahoe we are in a putrid 4 of 5 skid. Too short a season for that not to be a problem,

Add to that NY ran Pasta in the first (as would I, by the way). Lindgren alone tagged him hard twice.

Bruins should have “run around” a bit in the third, finishing checks hard. If that leads to fight, so be it. But they didn’t and were very tame. Just playing out the game. Not good.

Next game better be very high energy and high intensity.

Shed load of injuries to an already young D, yes. But going to need effort and intensity to change tide.

They are in first place in their division with a game in hand even after losing 4/5. They will be fine.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Agreed.

Thank God bodychecks don't give players CTEs because people go to the quiet room and we're aware of them, but let's keep pointing out that fighting and only fighting gave those players those injuries and overstate how many have died prematurely because of that to further prove our point.
You really can't tell a difference between a fight and a body check...? A body check is a hockey play to try to separate a player from the puck. Fighting has nothing to do with playing hockey. And please go ahead and find me ONE person who believes hits don't cause injuries lmao.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You really can't tell a difference between a fight and a body check...? A body check is a hockey play to try to separate a player from the puck. Fighting has nothing to do with playing hockey. And please go ahead and find me ONE person who believes hits don't cause injuries lmao.

People who seem to refer to people with CTEs only getting them from fighting ?

You can use your stick to get the puck, there's no need for a hit.

I love hits and fights, but both cause injuries, hits now far more than fighting does.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Nothing us making you read the posts you're whining about either. There is literally a million other topics you could be reading and critiquing. Yet here you are.
If you don't like it , don't read it. At least you would be following your own condescending advise.
Cheers

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
The OP is remembering the one game in ten where something may have escalated.
Everyone remembers those games and forgets the other 9.

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
The past two games for the Bruins were brutal. With condensed schedule just lick your wounds and move on. No time for BS.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Marchand isn't exactly a challenge in a fight and hurts the Bruins off the ice quite a bit. Why wouldn't he? A good chance to make a statement.

In the end it didn't matter as NYR bullied the Bruins for the rest of the game, but I will always remember Fox turtling to Marchand. Literally turtling to the ice.

You do that, we'll all remember the multiple turtles Marchand has

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'm 37, so I'm certainly not a boomer. I did, however, grow up watching hockey in the 80s and 90s when huge hits and bench-clearing brawls were a part of the game.

Given what we know about concussions, and the current speed and size of the game, it's not really possible to want those aspects to still be in the game without also wishing massive injuries and disability on the players. This is also a reason why American football will likely be dead or unrecognizable within 40 years.

I will say, though, that I miss those parts of the game and don't watch it nearly as much as I used to with how the game has changed. If you look at hockey-reference.com, goals\game has been within a 2.64-3.02 range for all but one season since 1998. The dead puck era never ended. Players are too fast, big, and skilled. Goalies know every angle a puck can possibly go based on a player's stick and body position. The game has been analyzed to the point where system play can consistently lock the game to under 4 goals\game. The exciting thing about hockey is big saves, hits, fights, and goals. Because of the evolution of the game almost all of those things have been limited.

The natural evolution of the game has turned it into soccer without the team identities and cultural connection that makes soccer the biggest sport in the world.

Reactions: cliffclaven

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

What a bad decision by Fox to not fall into Marchand's trap of fighting and taking away one of NYR's best defenders. Like you said, the Bruins got bullied on the entire rest of the game by a bunch of kids and AHL tweeners. Fox didn't need to do much in the way of hitting Marchand, he instead chose to hit the back of the net.

Who was it that Lemieux ragdolled, too? That was quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->