Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Officiels/Tonight's Officials

FS08.jpg
MJ25.jpg

Arbitres/Referees

Francois St. Laurent (8) - Greenfield Park, QC
Marc Joannette (25) - Verdun, QC

Juges de ligne/Linesmen Trent Knorr (63), Kyle Flemington (85)

Hymnes nationaux/Ntl. Anthem Alexandre Sylvestre​

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Officiels/Tonight's Officials

FS08.jpg
MJ25.jpg

Arbitres/Referees

Francois St. Laurent (8) - Greenfield Park, QC
Marc Joannette (25) - Verdun, QC

Juges de ligne/Linesmen Trent Knorr (63), Kyle Flemington (85)

Hymnes nationaux/Ntl. Anthem Alexandre Sylvestre​
The fix is in.

St. Laurent looks like a pleasant guy.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:laugh: Fair enough. Thing is, the Bruins board skews somewhat older than ours. Many of their posters are old enough to remember being dummied by the Habs for decades, and carry that hate like a PTSD trauma. I'm part of that generation so I get where they're coming from.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
We had a pretty heated debate on our board over the value of leadership. It's one of those invisible qualities we fans have to infer from a distance. As a big Chara fan, it sounds like you're firmly on one side of the debate.

Not sure if anyone is undervaluing leadership. The issue is more that Weber does not bring the level of leadership people think he does. Not saying he's a bad leader, but he isn't the kind of guy who comes in and changes the whole team. Nobody is playing bigger or more confident because of Shea Weber.

Reactions: Tighthead

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Not sure if anyone is undervaluing leadership. The issue is more that Weber does not bring the level of leadership people think he does. Not saying he's a bad leader, but he isn't the kind of guy who comes in and changes the whole team. Nobody is playing bigger or more confident because of Shea Weber.
According to the players and coaches who have been around him for his career they think he's a great leader.... that's good enough for me.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'd argue that last year, Price was absolutely rejuvenated by Weber's return to the lineup.

I'm not arguing that he's some leadership Messiah, I'm just saying that his presence does seem to have some impact on some.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
This is one of the major reasons why I want Clod canned. The same thing is happening to us as with the Bruins (actually we score a lot of goals now, but most of our shots in the O zone are low danger perimeter shots and we don't have much size to get all the rebounds at the net) .
So, you'd prefer we scored the goals we score but in a different way? That's your beef with the coach?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
According to the players and coaches who have been around him for his career they think he's a great leader.... that's good enough for me.

They said the same about Pacioretty and Gionta. The way people talk about Weber, it's like he has magic powers. The ultra-cringey talk here when he first came to Montreal about how he could "stare" people into submission is a perfect example. Nobody brings that up anymore because it was stupid, but people actually expected this guy to come in and re-shape the team and that clearly has not happened.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'd argue that last year, Price was absolutely rejuvenated by Weber's return to the lineup.

I'm not arguing that he's some leadership Messiah, I'm just saying that his presence does seem to have some impact on some.

Well, that's because the defense was absolutely putrid and his return to the lineup helped stabilize things. I don't think him just being in the lockeroom helped make Price play better.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Boston has zero weaknesses, two #1 goalies and seem to develop great young players every year.
Habs should take notes

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Boston has zero weaknesses, two #1 goalies and seem to develop great young players every year.
Habs should take notes
Boston has one of the best first lines in the entire league, solid D and two really good goalies but they are human and coming off a tough win against the pens, if there was ever a time to beat them it is now. I am hoping that Poehling has a great game tonight, I am looking forward to this one.

Reactions: LaP and MarkovsKnee

Jul 6, 2016
Well, that's because the defense was absolutely putrid and his return to the lineup helped stabilize things. I don't think him just being in the lockeroom helped make Price play better.

Put Weber with the Leafs now, and they would become almost unbeatable.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Put Weber with the Leafs now, and they would become almost unbeatable.
He's exactly what they need. Reilly and him would be an outstanding pairing. They are still soft as baby crap up front though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad