Pre-Game Talk: Boston @ Montreal: Tues. Nov. 5 @ 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Not sure if anyone is undervaluing leadership. The issue is more that Weber does not bring the level of leadership people think he does. Not saying he's a bad leader, but he isn't the kind of guy who comes in and changes the whole team. Nobody is playing bigger or more confident because of Shea Weber.
I wasn't comparing leaders or assigning value to an intangible. I was just noting the obvious reference to leadership in what our Bruins guest was saying.

Reactions: waffledave

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Bruins will be tired and they've never faced Poehling, who should be matched against the Bergeron line. If Marchand gets out the hand, Poehling could reposition his nose by 90 degrees. Suzuki will also be unfamiliar.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
TVA's Marc Denis as an expert on Poehling; basically, their lazy journalists looked up Poehling's numbers and linked immediate success with hard work: "He still has a lot to learn", states Denis looking at the stats sheet. I bet he hasn't watched one single Rocket's game.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
TVA's Marc Denis as an expert on Poehling; basically, their lazy journalists looked up Poehling's numbers and linked immediate success with hard work: "He still has a lot to learn", states Denis looking at the stats sheet. I bet he hasn't watched one single Rocket's game.
He still has a lot to learn though and he shouldnt be in the NHL

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Anyone see Halak's Rask like breadown after the last Pens goal? Got beat like a rented mule.
Needed a milk crate to be on par with Tuukka's most epic meltdown.

Jaro got hung out to dry in the 2nd last night and had every reason to be pissed. I liked it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's exactly what they need. Reilly and him would be an outstanding pairing. They are still soft as baby crap up front though

I agree but what do they have to offer that we can use? Sandin is all I see and they don't have their 2020 1st. Let them die on D is what I say. You offer them Weber and they would troll all over his value but once they have him, he would be king.

ABR8185

Jul 5, 2016
The Bruins will be tired and they've never faced Poehling, who should be matched against the Bergeron line. If Marchand gets out the hand, Poehling could reposition his nose by 90 degrees. Suzuki will also be unfamiliar.

Danault's line will be matched up against Bergeron's line as much as possible.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Why is that an incorrect statement? Suzuki and Kotkaniemi have a lot to learn too.

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe prime Weber.

His leadership and presence alone would boost the rest of the team which is loaded with talent. Behind Reilly and Muzzin, their D is very questionable. Barrie's acquisition did not work so far.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
should be a good one.

The B's on back end of back-to-back should level the playing field.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Why is that an incorrect statement? Suzuki and Kotkaniemi have a lot to learn too.

It is an incorrect statement because it means any grinder with better stats deserves the call up moreso, A+B=C type of thing like we're used to, direct link and no external factors available in Marc Denis' intellect database; or maybe TVA is just laughing its way to the bank. Bottom line, if Poehling needs more training, he should be in College! where he has time to practice and lift, not in Laval getting his face slashed by goons! He gets to play with Byron and Lekhy, as long as they feed him it's a good fit, I think he'll stay, Poehling is more of a sniper than a passer, like Carter, that's why I'm saying his wingers should feed him and are a good fit.

Jul 6, 2016
It is an incorrect statement because it means any grinder with better stats deserves the call up moreso, A+B=C type of thing like we're used to, direct link and no external factors available in Marc Denis' intellect database; or maybe TVA is just laughing its way to the bank. Bottom line, if Poehling needs more training, he should be in College! where he has time to practice and lift, not in Laval getting his face slashed by goons! He gets to play with Byron and Lekhy, as long as they feed him it's a good fit, I think he'll stay, Poehling is more of a sniper than a passer, like Carter, that's why I'm saying his wingers should feed him and are a good fit.

He has never showed that at College level. How can you arrive to this conclusion ?

Reactions: DangerDave

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
He has never showed that at College level. How can you arrive to this conclusion ?

I've watched Poehling shoot the puck instead of passing, it's a pattern, that's how I came to this conclusion. I think team USA teaches its players to shoot first, it limits turnovers and creates rebounds.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Im not sure that Poehling plays as tough of game as your thinking with this statement.

Reactions: Habs Icing

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That club was one of the weakest to win the cup. But they did have Tim Thomas who was absolutely incredible that year.

We were one OT goal away from knocking them off too.
Weakest ? Thats the hab fan (bruin hater ) in you talking.

The Price Thomas duel was good though in that 7 game series.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal

Marc Denis is with RDS, not TVA......and he knows his stuff. You are certainly confusing him with some other idiot from TVA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad