Pre-Game Talk: Boston @ Montreal: Tues. Nov. 5 @ 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That club was one of the weakest to win the cup. But they did have Tim Thomas who was absolutely incredible that year.

We were one OT goal away from knocking them off too.
Without Markov and Pacioretty, no less! That was one helluva series, as was the the 2014 one with Subban's iconic quote about taking away the cheers from the Bruins fans.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
College is a much better environment than the AHL to develop.

From the ages of 18-20, yeah. But after 20, it's about environment and culture the player is in. A bit different with a player playing on a shitty NCAA team vs a top AHL team and vice versa. AHL is more physical so if a player needs to learn how to deal with that, the AHL is the right spot.

Look at Evans for example... pt/game guy in the NCAA but not so much in the AHL.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
2011 both finalist teams won the first series in seventh game OT. It was expected that both Vigneault and Julien would have been canned if they lost those series.

A series that close is just a coin flip but can be absolutely life changing. Both of those coaches were able to make a lot more money based on the success they enjoyed by surviving those series, especially with their next teams.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
You guys say you respect the Bruins, but just go read their PGT for tonight. **** those guys. It will only get worse.

I get our fans have turned pretty apathetic towards the Habs but at least hate the Bruins. Have some damn pride...
I hate at 1909% their fanbase. But I respect the structure of the Bruins tho.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I agree but what do they have to offer that we can use? Sandin is all I see and they don't have their 2020 1st. Let them die on D is what I say. You offer them Weber and they would troll all over his value but once they have him, he would be king.
We'll never trade him to them, just saying he's what they need.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
hate to say it but I think habs will lose this one. Boston is beastly this season.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Hoping for a win, show everyone how to beat the beantowners! I once watched a game back in the late 80s while visiting a friend who lived in Mass. I saw the Red Wings with Yzerman beat the Bruins quite handily.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Changed this to a GDT since no one is scheduled to do one. If someone wishes to kindly post the lineups that would be awesome.

However, we know it's Price vs Rask.

Reactions: habsfan891

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Faut planter les Boooooins. Les salauds. Les chiens. Les cro-magnons. Faut leur arracher un bras et les battre avec le boutte qui saigne!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad