Post-Game Talk: Boston Creamed | 01/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I didn't even watch the game and these posts are hilarious. We have to tank for McDavid now? Is this the new revelation?

Go to a library And read some books or something. Do something else with your time because you're wasting my time logging in here and reading your tripe your ignoramuses.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Pretty even game of two very average teams. Could've gone either way, but Tukka and Karlsson made the difference.
Especially if you consider that Boston was labeled as A-class team and Sens - D-class at the start of the season.
Also, just our first loss by more than 1 goal this season. Not bad.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I didn't even watch the game and these posts are hilarious. We have to tank for McDavid now? Is this the new revelation?

Go to a library And read some books or something. Do something else with your time because you're wasting my time logging in here and reading your tripe your ignoramuses.

I read exactly one post on this thread which said that, and it explicitly ended with "P.S. I am being sarcastic"

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

One person said it and it was 100% noted as sarcasm. Why you jumping the gun, bro you're usually the opposite of this.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I really hate Z. Smiths game, I dont understand why anyone likes him. Would take Pageau 100x before him, would you guys be willing to deal Smith for a pick or prospect.

I like Smith but he's been underwhelming so far this year. I'd move him if that's what it takes to make room for Curtis Lazar.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong this game. It was just one of those games. Nothing more and nothing less. This type of games happens to every team.

Just forget about it and move on. Get ready for the next game.

The only thing that sucks about this loss is that we have to wait three more days until the next game.

SenatorArmy*

In hindsight, Michalek and Legwand should not have been signed. They are useless and unneeded.

I've never liked the Michalek signings. He never found his groove here & he just keeps getting worse. I'd rather give his roster spots to one of the youngsters

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Pace yourselves boys still 72 games to play.

Lots of ups and downs in a season you need to go with the flow.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Legwand and Smith had more ice time than: Chiasson, Ziba, Lazar, Hoffman.

Among defensemen, Ceci only had more ice time than Wiercioch.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
What about switching Hoffman and Michalek?

Hoffman - Zibby - Chiasson

Michalek - Lazar - Stone

It's a risk considering the Kid Line has some nice chemistry, but if it gets the second line working like a true second line.....
I like that. The switch could help both lines. I'd do that for next game.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
While I agree the best thing to do would be to just ignore and forget this game, it would be a lot easier if the leafs hadn't beat chicago and jumped us in the standings.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
If the Senators are going to contend for a playoff spot this season, they need to find a way to win divisional games. Detroit and Toronto are coming up soon and we need to win those games.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I hear Semin is available... Maybe a mutually beneficial trade could be worked out?

I wouldn't do Semin for Greening straight up. Semin is a great talent. But he doesn't fit. We want to be the pesky Sens with 4 hard working lines, not the pesky Sens and Prima Donna who only shows up and plays hard every 3rd or 4th game, with an albatross contract.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I really hate Z. Smiths game, I dont understand why anyone likes him. Would take Pageau 100x before him, would you guys be willing to deal Smith for a pick or prospect.

Yup.
Legwand and Smith had more ice time than: Chiasson, Ziba, Lazar, Hoffman.

Among defensemen, Ceci only had more ice time than Wiercioch.
I wonder why we didn't generate much offense.
I've never liked the Michalek signings. He never found his groove here & he just keeps getting worse. I'd rather give his roster spots to one of the youngsters

I've wanted Michalek gone for the last 3 seasons.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
That Legwand line is just awful. Legwand skates like he has weights on his back and ankles, Neil is just useless I'd prefer Condra over him lol

MacArther Turris Ryan
Hoffman Zibanajad Chiasson
Michalek Lazar Stone
Smith Legwand Condra

Unfortunately we have too many players. If we trade/waive/send to AHL Greening and call up Puempel to give him a few game trial we could do this:

MacArthur -Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Puempel - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Michalek/Smith - Legwand - Neil/Smith/Condra

Very young top 9 but all of them could be our best chance in talent/scoring/energy. I don't think Legwand has been bad actually. The "4th line" would still see a lot of ice time.

We are "retooling" or ending our rebuild. Lazar has made this team. Puempel needs a chance to show his stuff in the NHL, for a 5/6 game trial. Despite the team having too many signed forwards. Better now then when Methot is back and we need another roster spot for him. If Puempel isn't ready then send him back. If he is then make room.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Well, nice goal by zibby anyway.

Always nice to see us force a turnover in the offensive zone, and sweet hands by Zib.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
What do you mean what happened? He's always been pretty sketch defensively. He's a clone of Spezza but plays D.

I take issue with this. His demeanor, though perhaps similarly causal with the puck at times, is quite different I think. Plus, we never asked Spezza to play 30 minutes a game. EK has a fire and drive that Spezza lacked.

So they both have bad games and are responsible for some pretty poor turnovers. I think that's where it ends. More often than not, EK is actually backchecking hard.

I called EK out tonight saying he pulled a controller disconnect, and you never like seeing that. But everyone has bad games. Hopefully he can right the ship sooner than later. He needs to do less stick waving and take the body a bit more. Guy is jacked, not skinny-fat like Spezza was. EK should start using that muscle more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad