Post-Game Talk: Boston Creamed | 01/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Again you just kind of choose to ignore key words.

I have lots of buddies that are Habs fans. And they are not impressed with HOW MUCH they have to be bailed out. Just because a team gives up a a good here and and there doesn't mean they're bad it's completely natural. The Other tteam has to try and score as well. But your goalie shouldnt have to be your best player every single night. To me that's a sign of mediocre defending.

Ok so I guess we are finished after!

I'm not ignoring anything, not sure where you are getting that from...

Sens goalies are NOT the best player every single night... Maybe in a few games so far this year (like every other team) but sometimes it's Karlsson, sometimes it's the Turris line, sometimes it's other players (Chiasson, Lazar, Stone, Hoffman, Ceci, etc) sometimes it's the WHOLE team. It varies a lot.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/stats/...-season-regularseason-category-savepercentage

Many teams get a good SV% from their goalies. NHL evolves very quickly and SV% are getting higher every year and goalies are getting bigger every year. I'm expecting a SV% near 0.920-930 this year with how the Sens play. I don't know how much comfortable you are with hockey systemics but Sens are playing differently than last year and more like 2012-13 (they're not all-in offense), forwards are not letting gaps as wide as they did last season and players are more focused on clearing the front of the net and not let in the 2nd chances. They expect the goalie to make the first save and the rebounds is their business. Hockey 101

I have predicted that this team will finish top-15 in GA. I'm pretty confident in this. Solid goalies + system + good 2-way forwards + underrated defense

Team is very inexperienced (less NHL games in the whole league), I'm not sure what people are expecting lol

But you're free to have your "opinion".

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok so I guess we are finished after!

I'm not ignoring anything, not sure where you are getting that from...

Sens goalies are NOT the best player every single night... Maybe in a few games so far this year (like every other team) but sometimes it's Karlsson, sometimes it's the Turris line, sometimes it's other players (Chiasson, Lazar, Stone, Hoffman, Ceci, etc) sometimes it's the WHOLE team. It varies a lot.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/stats/...-season-regularseason-category-savepercentage

Many teams get a good SV% from their goalies. NHL evolves very quickly and SV% are getting higher every year and goalies are getting bigger every year. I'm expecting a SV% near 0.920-930 this year with how the Sens play. I don't know how much comfortable you are with hockey systemics but Sens are playing differently than last year and more like 2012-13 (they're not all-in offense), forwards are not letting gaps as wide as they did last season and players are more focused on clearing the front of the net and not let in the 2nd chances. They expect the goalie to make the first save and the rebounds is their business. Hockey 101

I have predicted that this team will finish top-15 in GA. I'm pretty confident in this. Solid goalies + system + good 2-way forwards + underrated defense

Team is very inexperienced (less NHL games in the whole league), I'm not sure what people are expecting lol

But you're free to have your "opinion".

i dont think a high save percentage really has anything to do with this... If thats your prediction thats fine... i dont think it will have anything to do with 2 way forwards and under rated defence though.. those two things sure havent limited opposing teams yet this year...this is what i esxpected this year... i didnt expect anything more from the team. But i dont think pointing out our record and using it as a sign of how well we have played is fair.. its very leafy.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
3 weeks ago most were projecting Bruins contending for a cup and Sens for McDavid. Now we are disappointed with an even hard fought away game at Boston that we happened to lose.
This is amazing. :laugh:

The Bruins will not win the Cup without those players I mentioned playing. We are healthy and couldn't beat them, not even close. How is that amazing?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
3 weeks ago most were projecting Bruins contending for a cup and Sens for McDavid. Now we are disappointed with an even hard fought away game at Boston that we happened to lose.
This is amazing. :laugh:

Not really, considering the circumstances, it was a disappointing result.

Boston actually didn't play all that well, Karlsson and Lehner didn't have great games and the likes of Ryan didn't show up and entire 3rd line+Wiercioch were liability entire game.

Add to that their number 1b C, number 1 and 3 D weren't playing and it was fairly disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad