Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
That's OK. We play well against Miami in the post season.

Wisconsin may have the tougher draw in RIT. So far RIT has upset Denver and UNH.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Well played by BC. They are deserving champs. See you guys in a couple years for the tie breaker in championship games;)

austrooper

Feb 13, 2009
Canadian congratulations to Jerry York and Boston College. Jerry is a class act and his teams reflect that. To win it second national title in three years is quite a tribute to his coaching acumen. UNB had the pleasure of having Boston College come to the Aitken Centre in 2009. Let's hope they can maintain a relationship and bring out the best in each other.

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
Congrats to Boston College from a Michigan Wolverine. You guys were awesome in the tournament!

We were disappointed with the OT loss to Miami in the quarterfinals (the officiating was questionable in OT), but after seeing you destroy Miami Thursday, maybe it was a blessing we didn't have to play you.

Anyway, congrats!! :handclap::handclap:

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Well there is no question who the best team in the nation is and it isn't even close.Talk about slicing through their competition and taking no prisoners.And to think most the team will be back is scary for the rest of the country. Congrats Eagles.A job well done.

nextyear4suremaybe

Apr 9, 2010
Huge Congrats to a Canadian hometown buddy Matt Price, 2nd NCAA title with Boston College, and what a way to finish his final year in the NCAA

Go Eagles!

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
They're throwing an on campus parade for the team today at 5:00 PM.

Barring any early defections, they look good for next year.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Well there is no question who the best team in the nation is and it isn't even close.Talk about slicing through their competition and taking no prisoners.And to think most the team will be back is scary for the rest of the country. Congrats Eagles.A job well done.

Looks like UND and BC will be in top of the polls for 2010-2011 season. UND always reloads with top recruits and hopefully BC will not suffer post NCAA blues like they did in 2009.

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/062610aaa.html

Last edited:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
looking forward to the new season... i moved last spring and now live down the street from BC... went to one game last year (first ncaa game) and it was so much fun to watch...

i will be going to a lot more games this year and blogging...

Welcome to BC and keep blogging. Can't wait for the banner raising game.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Steve Whitney gets a pass from Joe Whitney on PP and converts for the game winner. John Muse was spectacular in goal.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Early Test for BC and Denver

This will be an interesting early season matchup. The Eagles looked rusty in their opener against NU. This will be an early test for both teams.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Definitely looking forward to the DU-BC matchup this weekend.

And for all of you out there (and you know who you are) that can't make it out to Magness on Friday night, you can catch the game on FSN Rocky Mountain. It's available on both dish and digital cable. Just check your local listings. ;)

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Bc 6 Du 2

Could be a tougher game for BC tonight. Denver will be scrapping for a split this weekend.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
BCEagle:

You've gotta be happy that your boys swept DU in their building.

I didn't see the Saturday game (would've love to, heard that Milner played really well), but did see Friday's game. Here's some of my observations about BC:

I thought that the Eagles did a great job, particularly in the 2nd period, of capitalizing on DU's turnovers. BC didn't look like they've lost a step since April, they merely picked up from where they left off. The Whitney-Gibbons-Atkinson, which also looked pretty darn good, hasn't lost their touch either.

I was very impressed with Kevin Hayes. I like this kid! Great hands and just seems to know where to be.

I thought Muse was good, not great. He did make some very good saves, but I give credit to the team in front of him that did a terrific job of supporting him.

There was very little that I didn't like about what I saw in BC on Friday, except there are some guys (such as Patrick Brown) that could stand to shoot the puck a little more when it's on their stick.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
One thing I didn't like were the penalties. They have to cut down on those else it'll come back to haunt them later.

So far the PK has been superb but you can only live dangerously so long.

Last edited:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC vs. ND

They should be able to handle the Irish even in their home rink. I look for a 4-2 score.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Love this Eagles team!

Man I can believe Joe Whitney, Brian Gibbons and Steve Whitney weren't drafted late in their draft years and the Blue Jackets got themselves a keeper in Cam Atkinson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad