Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Thought I start one for my team. Please post about BC or anything related to BC hockey. Gerbe was the big lost along with the seniors. They return a veteran team with good recruits coming in. Brock Bradford will return and hopefully he will stay healthy concerning his arm.

Also they return a sophmore goalie who helped win the NCAA as a freshman. Rumor has it that one of their backups will transfer due to lack of playing time but BC also recruited a goalie who will transition in next year, his name is Maxwell.

The defense is solid with seniors returning along with Petrecki and Sneep. In the freshman class they have Cross and Shea.

The offense returns most of last year's forwards and some freshman who should blend in. All in all, they should be in the mix all year and make the post season play barring injuries or more defections, etc.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Congrats on the great year and I already stated BC should be a prohibitive favorite to repeat even without Gerbe. The depth is pretty insane on that team.

I'm looking forward to the opener on 10/10 so The Badgers and BC can play the "Frozen Four game that should have been" from last year.

njdevscup30

Boom Boom
Apr 25, 2006
Blacksburg
I looking at BC and BU to be the tops dogs in hockey east this season. BC has so much depth, and Muse should be even better this year. BU with their offense I don't care if they don't have a goalie this year, they should contend. I mean, they played great down the stretch last year essentially without a goalie! UNH will suffer with Regan.

Basically, I think it's BC's year for the regular season title, with BU contending closely.

How does BC's recruiting class look this year overall?

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
I looking at BC and BU to be the tops dogs in hockey east this season. BC has so much depth, and Muse should be even better this year. BU with their offense I don't care if they don't have a goalie this year, they should contend. I mean, they played great down the stretch last year essentially without a goalie! UNH will suffer with Regan.

Basically, I think it's BC's year for the regular season title, with BU contending closely.

How does BC's recruiting class look this year overall?

It's looking good and incoming players should contribute, like Whitney and Gibbons did last year when they were freshmen.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pq-RP3oulY40QD4LEtZ3kFg&gid=1

Cross and Lyles are incoming defensemen that will bolster the veteran blueline.

With seniors Bertram and Gannon gone, they can be replaced by forwards Barry Almeida, Paul Carey, Cam Atkinson, and Jimmy Hayes.

Atkinson is a typical BC type forward, small and quick. Jimmy Hayes stock has dropped for the NHL draft but hopefully he can contribute. It's hard to tell what impact what each player will have but hopefully they'll contribute and blend in. BC has had some hit and misses in their recruiting but we'll see in the fall how the freshmen will do.

Chris Venti will be a backup goalie recruit.

BU can't get any worst in net so I see it as an upgrade in net and they will compete for the top spots in Hockey East and maybe even finish in first. BC it seems, has its up and downs but should finish again for home ice and usually gear up in post season as in the last 3 seasons.

dynamo1

Feb 14, 2008
Coach York and Cavanaugh do an unreal job recruiting. They take the local kids and turn then to gold

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
His stock had dropped for the draft and people are curious why. Some felt that his numbers were up when he played with good players. When with lesser talent some felt his production went down.

He should contribute but how much he will is another question. BC has a lot returning so maybe his production will go up with talent around him.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Don't know how I missed this thread so far, I'm in the class of '09.

I'm really looking forward to Carey (as well as Almeida), I think he's going to do some serious damage in the HE.

I'm really not overly worried about losing Gerbe at all, the team is ridiculously deep - as long as the Soph's keep up their pace.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
That would be nice, thanks:)
Saw Pat Gannon 2 times already in pre-season games... He's going to be a fan favorite here, no doubt.
Amazing speed, the fastest player of our team. Can steal a lot of pucks, good defensive work (blocking shots, stealing pucks). Always moving... was tremendous yesterday, scoring the winning goal and assisting on the insurance goal in a 6-4 win against archirival Angers. Tours hadn't beat them for 3 years ! :handclap:
The coach talked a lot about him during the press conference :)

Here's the picture : Patrick Gannon with the 'Diables Noirs de Tours' jersey :)

Last edited:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Thanks for the update on Gannon. I can't wait for the start of the first game for BC on October 10 when they raise the NCAA banner for the fans.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
What kind of playing time do you guys expect Tommy Cross to get this year with BC?

I've always rooted for the Eagles so I'm glad to see another Bruins prospect join them this year.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
He should get a regular playing time if he is as talented as they say he is.

BC has just got 2 more recruits

5’11â€, 185 lb. Governor’s Academy junior forward Cody Ferriero has committed to Boston College for the fall of ’10.

New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs 6’3â€, 195 lb. defenseman Brian Dumoulin of Biddeford, Maine has chosen to attend Boston College.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC had an open practice this past Saturday at Conte Forum. Fans were given a tour of the renovated lockers and provided food and drinks at the morning practice. The NCAA trophy was on display while York gave a speech to the fans after practice and players availed themselves to kids after practice for autographs on the concourse.

Hard to to tell how Jimmy Hayes will be during games as it is too early but he and the rest of the incoming class looked OK during the first practice.

Looking forward to the home opener against the Badgers and the banner raising. I drove to Milwaukee from Boston in 2006 when the Badgers won the NCAA. It was a tough drive back but the pain is lessen with the win this past April in Denver when they finally won one in quite a few tries lately.

USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Preseason Poll
(first place votes in parenthesis)
1. Boston College 490 (27) 25-11-8
2. Michigan 432 (4) 33-6-4
3. Notre Dame 376 27-16-4
4. North Dakota 371 (1) 28-11-4
5. Colorado College 355 (2) 28-12-1
6. Denver 299 26-14-1
7. New Hampshire 287 25-10-3
8. Miami (Ohio) 263 33-8-1
9. Minnesota 223 19-17-9
10. Boston University 203 19-17-4
11. Clarkson 173 22-13-4
12. Michigan State 159 25-12-5
13. Wisconsin 103 16-17-7
14. Northern Michigan 75 20-20-4
15. St. Cloud State 69 19-16-5

Others receiving votes: Princeton 51; Cornell 30; Harvard 30; Minnesota State - Mankato 28; Air Force 24; Massachusetts 9; UMass-Lowell 9; Niagara 9; Vermont 6; Maine, 3; Northeastern 3.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Jimmy got an assist on the winning goal. BC was down 4-3 and came back to win 5-4.

The banner raising was fun and winning the opener added to the banner raising tonight. BC's special team did well on the PP and got a SH goal.

Wisconsin played well but BC was able to come back to take the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->