Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sharks just signed Ferriero yesterday it seems. Can we get a scouting report other than what can be found on the web?

Thanks

BostonCollegeFan

Nov 1, 2008
Sharks just signed Ferriero yesterday it seems. Can we get a scouting report other than what can be found on the web?

Thanks

Not much to add to what I'm sure you've read....

Can play center or wing. Decent speed and good defensively.. Likes to throw some big hits for a guy his size (not sure if that will translate to the pro's). Was awesome at everything his first 3 years in college, but last year he was snake bitten. Some BC fans thought he could be a hobey contender his senior season. He scores in bunches, then has a slump. He and several other BC players seemed to have a post national championship hangover last year.

I wish him well in the pros, but I don't know that he will make it to the NHL. FYI, I never consider myself a good evaluator of pro potential. If he gets his confidence back and does make it to the NHL could be a pleasant surprise. I see him more as a 2nd liner in the AHL.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC will play BU at Fenway Park in January 2010. This will be an interesting game.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC vs. UVM

Nice win by BC tonight as they scored 7 goals. The under classmen are contributing with the upper classmen. Ben Smith already has 6 goals which was his total goals last year. Hopefully they get the sweep on Sunday.

Burghaholic

Aug 14, 2006
This might be kind of random, but does anyone know if there's lettering kits for BC jerseys?

I want to turn mine into an Orpik (, Brooks) one.

(it's a semi-jersey foul because it's reebok and not nike, but I think I can live with that).

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC take 3 of 4 Points from Maine

BC takes 3 of 4 points from the Black Bears. They are tied for first in HE.

Clarkson is the next opponent on Friday.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Hopefully BC can beat BU tonight to pick up 4 points this weekend.

They can move up in the polls this week if they do.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Nice weekend by the Eagles.

They pick up 4 points by beating UMass and BU.

Slowly, they move up in the polls.

FlyHigh

Jan 16, 2004
Nice weekend by the Eagles.

They pick up 4 points by beating UMass and BU.

Slowly, they move up in the polls.

They were really, really impressive in the BU game. I thought Muse looked back to his 07-08 form, their additions on D (Dumoulin and Cross in particular) provided a solidifying effect that was missing last year IMO plus Sneep has been on fire. And although they don't really have any "name" forwards unless you count Kreider, it's a good group, fast skaters who forecheck well and cause problems.

In short, a typical BC team, back to being a serious threat unfortunately, last year was good while it lasted. ;)

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
The Crimson played a close game as BC missed on many grade A chances. Parker Milmer was solid except the second Harvard goal where his defenseman misplayed the puck.

Last edited:

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
hey BC fans, could you tell us rangers fans how Kreider has been doing? stats wise he hasnt been great but you guys would know more about how he's been.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
So far he's blending in and skating his shifts hard.

He has 5 points, 2 goals and 3 assists.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC has jumped to #5 this week in the USCHO Poll. Not bad since BC was #20 at the beginning of the season.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Denver Cup

BC's next games will be at the Denver Cup where they will play St. Lawrence and Denver.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Can't wait for the rematch between BC abd BU at Conte. BC will want to get even for the loss at Fenway.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Beanpot Winner

Exciting game, BC avenge the Fenway lost with a Beanpot win over BU.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC played an exciting game with Maine to win the HE Tournament.

As a #1 seed they will play in Worcester against Alaska Fairbanks while North Dakota plays Yale.

BC and UND will probably battle for a Frozen Four spot in NE Regional Final. Both team are hot right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad