Proposal: Boston Bruins

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think Stone gets a haul

I also don't think Debrusk + Pick is considered a haul either.

Stone + 4th
For
Debrusk + 1st

Is that really bad? I'd think the Bruins would not only love the rental upgrade, but the early access to signing the pending ufa

Has there ever been a trade where a rental got a current 2nd line forward and a 1st round pick for a 1st line player who will be an UFA? I can't think of one. A 1st, a prospect, and a mediocre 3rd/4th line winger is around where it usually ends up.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Has there ever been a trade where a rental got a current 2nd line forward and a 1st round pick for a 1st line player who will be an UFA? I can't think of one. A 1st, a prospect, and a mediocre 3rd/4th line winger is around where it usually ends up.
I think I was off base... I thought DeBrusk was kinda treading water and not having a good year. He hasn't been as bad as I thought

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think I was off base... I thought DeBrusk was kinda treading water and not having a good year. He hasn't been as bad as I thought

I think he had a couple of injuries that threw his production off a little but he is definitely a 2nd line player at least in my opinion. If you weren't aware of the way his season has played out I can see that it could be easy to think that.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Exactly why not?

I have heard that about Marchand and Blake Wheeler too.

I doubt that Heinen ever reaches those heights as a player but sometimes a player just fits with other players because their style of play fits together. Just maybe Heinen fits with Bergeron and Marchand the way Cashman fit with Esposito and Hodge or Clark Gilles fit with Bryan Trottier and Mike Bossy. Obviously I am using the very best examples and I don't expect Heinen to be on the level of those guys. He may just be a guy who fits. Bergeron and Marchand went a few years without a good winger until they clicked with Pastrnak, not every player can just play with those guys.

Maybe I am in the minority but I want to see if Heinen will have his game blossom if he plays with those guys. I am not convinced that Heinen is nothing but a 3rd liner. I have more faith in his ability than other people I guess.
Fair enough. I just don’t see it. Not st this time anyway.

I do see a lot of Bruins fans lately pumping his tires which, after 3 games against the Western Conference bottom feeders while playing with 2 all stars, is a little premature. Or lacks any memory of what he’s done for a full calendar year now.

I would rather them add a sure thing at this point to the top six rather than going with what hasn’t worked this year so far.

Again, nothing against the player. I’m more concerned with squeezing every last ounce of hockey out of their core guys before the Bruins are looking st shipping them all out for 2nd rounders at the deadline. Because that day is coming sooner than we’d all like.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Think it’s hard to judge a guy like that based on the team he’s on.

Like if you worked with a pack of morons who were generally useless on a daily basis what happens to you? Eventually you put in the bare minimum effort required to make sure the cheque’s keep coming.

Not sure if that’s the case there. But the guy is human. And been around long enough to see who he’s out there with and know they stand no chance

If you go and look up the numbers in a game log, Illya Kovalchuk was just about a point per game player under John Stevens where he was being used on the second line and got power play time with the first unit.

For whatever reason that even the L.A. media around the team couldn't figure out, Willie Desjardins comes in as the interim coach then puts Kovalchuk on the fourth line, cuts his ice time by 5 to 10 minutes per game, and replaces him on the power play unit for guys like Nate Thompson.

An obvious scoring slump kicks in with the change in his on-ice deployment and then an injury to his ankle knocks him out of the lineup. Upon his return he gets put on the third line, gets power play time, and as if by magic he starts putting up points again in his most recent games.

It's one of the weirdest, most nonsensical player usage I've ever seen in all the years I've watched the team.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

Yeah hes been fine. The only way he gets traded is if its for a high profile forward with term IMO. Hes not a 1st liner but hes perfectly capable of putting up 50-55 points on the 2nd line.

I think you see Boston have a similar TDL to the Stempniak deadline. Trade a 2nd/3rd for a top nine forward for depth and add a veteran D man who doesnt cost as much either. Highly doubt you see them trade the 2019 1st or Vaak, who basically replaces Chara when he retires.

The problem Chiarelli had in his final years here is he had no one to replace the vets who wanted inflated contracts, so he had to give them inflated contracts.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

He is scoring goals. He HAS been sophomore slumping as far as overall play, but given the injuries and the rotating cast of folks on the RW no one is concerned about him long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad