Proposal: Boston Bruins

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Not a whole heck of alot of talk (there's some)

But I think it's safe to say we see the Bruins add a significant forward piece very soon.

They have good hockey team in their prime; they are trying splitting up that top line. It isn't a surprise they covet a top 6 winger.

Now. Who? And what's available?

Stone seems like too good of a fit.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
will be evaluated after two weeks ,would not be surprised if it ends his regular season.......Not Sweeneys fault , but this is why you try and build your team in the off season.......now the price too obtain a forward has gone up substantial.......

He did in reality, he was trusting all of his youth that had come up or was fighting for a spot to take a step forward and none of them has after promising rookie seasons/debuts (Debrusk/Heinen/Bjork/Donato/JFK)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He did in reality, he was trusting all of his youth that had come up or was fighting for a spot to take a step forward and none of them has after promising rookie seasons/debuts (Debrusk/Heinen/Bjork/Donato/JFK)
Sorry, I have to disagree with you, the need for a top six forward was there for obvious reasons to many young kids to count on .I love DeBrusk ,and I still feel Heinen can be a player in time......I think they put to much faith in Donato , I just don't see it with him, maybe in time. I think now is the time to make a blockbuster deal. Bergeron ,Marchand, Kreci , the clock is ticking............Come on Don step up to the plate and get something done. One Stanley Cup in over 45 years , and not to take away from a exiting and fun playoff but the goaltender had to stand on his head to win that one.......... sorry for the rant, but I tired of this .............

Reactions: Trizz617

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
will be evaluated after two weeks ,would not be surprised if it ends his regular season.......Not Sweeneys fault , but this is why you try and build your team in the off season.......now the price too obtain a forward has gone up substantial.......
Any interest in trading a slumping McAvoy?:sarcasm:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You have to give to get,if a deal makes sense and is reasonable that can make this team better, and give it a chance at the cup everyone is on the table.Pasta and Bergey not to be included in any deal.........

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You have to give to get,if a deal makes sense and is reasonable that can make this team better, and give it a chance at the cup everyone is on the table.Pasta and Bergey not to be included in any deal.........
Makes sense. I don't see TO dealing with the Bruins...we have Kapanen/Johnsson/Kadri/Nylander all in recent rumors...

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

And why you don't reach for prospects in the first round of a historically deep draft (2015). Sweeney has no one to blame but himself for the lack of secondary scoring on the Bruins.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I know you are kidding, but only way I see the Bruins move him is to get a young #1C. And since #1Cs are generally more proven at a younger age, I don't see any teams wanting to give up their #1C for McAvoy.

Interestingly, over the weekend McAvoy had his two best games all year and we are all very hopeful he is breaking out of his fitful start with all those injuries.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Sorry, I have to disagree with you, the need for a top six forward was there for obvious reasons to many young kids to count on .I love DeBrusk ,and I still feel Heinen can be a player in time......I think they put to much faith in Donato , I just don't see it with him, maybe in time. I think now is the time to make a blockbuster deal. Bergeron ,Marchand, Kreci , the clock is ticking............Come on Don step up to the plate and get something done. One Stanley Cup in over 45 years , and not to take away from a exiting and fun playoff but the goaltender had to stand on his head to win that one.......... sorry for the rant, but I tired of this .............

I didn’t say I agreed with it, but that’s clearly what the front office thought process was. Trust the guys you drafted to progress and fill the holes

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine

Pastrnak just had minor surgery on his thumb, it just wishful thinking on your part that he will miss the rest of the season.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
not wishful thinking,I listened to Sweeney ,will be evaluated in two weeks.That type of injury is not minor,little more serious then you want to believe...........I hope you are right and I am wrong........

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
not wishful thinking,I listened to Sweeney ,will be evaluated in two weeks.That type of injury is not minor,little more serious then you want to believe...........I hope you are right and I am wrong........

Really teams don't usually go into detail of injuries so other teams won't target that area, they usually just say upper or lower body.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
And why you don't reach for prospects in the first round of a historically deep draft (2015). Sweeney has no one to blame but himself for the lack of secondary scoring on the Bruins.

Its just a loser mentality to bring this up again and again. Does this change anything or fix the scoring woes? Absolutely not because the past is in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad