Proposal: Boston Bruins

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Heinen is playing great on the top line. Pastrank was moved down to get Krejci going. DeBrusk had a good game yesterday, hopefully he builds on it. MacAvoy had a bad start to the year with injuries but has looked solid the last few games. Takes time to get over concussions, Mac and DeBrusk are coming through that finally.

If they all stay at a top level, than the Bruins need to target a 3rd line centre only. Sens do not want to trade in division and Panarin is probably a rental and walk, not worth it. Next year they will have Studnicka taking the 3rd line centre spot. Vaakaninen will grab a dee spot and Backes will be traded away.

Simmonds has aged, Hayes - well they tried before with that family and it went bad. Schenn is not going play 3rd line centre, either is Nug.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Heinen is playing great on the top line. Pastrank was moved down to get Krejci going. DeBrusk had a good game yesterday, hopefully he builds on it. MacAvoy had a bad start to the year with injuries but has looked solid the last few games. Takes time to get over concussions, Mac and DeBrusk are coming through that finally.

If they all stay at a top level, than the Bruins need to target a 3rd line centre only. Sens do not want to trade in division and Panarin is probably a rental and walk, not worth it. Next year they will have Studnicka taking the 3rd line centre spot. Vaakaninen will grab a dee spot and Backes will be traded away.

Simmonds has aged, Hayes - well they tried before with that family and it went bad. Schenn is not going play 3rd line centre, either is Nug.
Heinen is not the solution for your top 6 if you plan on doing anything in the playoffs.
It would be an absolute cop out if Sweeney can’t find a guy better than him for that role.

Bottom 6 he’s fine. Can chip in here and there and kill penalties on the cheap.

Staal would be a good choice for 3c. Pageau as well if they can pry him out of Ottawa.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Heinen is not the solution for your top 6 if you plan on doing anything in the playoffs.
It would be an absolute cop out if Sweeney can’t find a guy better than him for that role.

Staal would be a good choice for 3c. Pageau as well if they can pry him out of Ottawa.

I totally think Heinen can play with 63 and 37. Brings that line back to its roots as a true two way shutdown line. But, if you do that, you need to give 46 and 88 a better line mate to work with. No offense to DeBrusk who is a nice 20 odd goal scorer with more upside. But, if the Bergeron line is going to revert back to its roots, then the Krejci line has to revert back to its roots as the #1 offense line. That means Panarin or Kreider or someone like that. Not saying that is the only option. But, the Bruins do have options to go grab a LW instead of a RW and go that direction.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

I think if Heinen is on your third line you have a very good set of forwards. 2nd line? Eh, he could get there but I think his value is much higher as a 3rd liner.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I totally think Heinen can play with 63 and 37. Brings that line back to its roots as a true two way shutdown line. But, if you do that, you need to give 46 and 88 a better line mate to work with. No offense to DeBrusk who is a nice 20 odd goal scorer with more upside. But, if the Bergeron line is going to revert back to its roots, then the Krejci line has to revert back to its roots as the #1 offense line. That means Panarin or Kreider or someone like that. Not saying that is the only option. But, the Bruins do have options to go grab a LW instead of a RW and go that direction.
Maybe I should clarify. I don’t give a you know what who is left in this roster in 3 years.

I see them having a 2 year window before the wheels fall off the veteran guys and they need to make some really hard decisions.

With that in mind I think they need to load up however they can. If they lose they lose. At least they tried.

In 3 years they’ll still (presumably) have Pastrnak, Carlo, McAvoy and probably Stempniak (lol) to rebuild around along with whoever else has established themselves.

Reactions: Tkachukecheese

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Maybe I should clarify. I don’t give a you know what who is left in this roster in 3 years.

I see them having a 2 year window before the wheels fall off the veteran guys and they need to make some really hard decisions.

With that in mind I think they need to load up however they can. If they lose they lose. At least they tried.

In 3 years they’ll still (presumably) have Pastrnak, Carlo, McAvoy and probably Stempniak (lol) to rebuild around along with whoever else has established themselves.
Boston is going to make a massive push for stone...

Stone is going to get a huge haul... Absolutely massive.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Boston is going to make a massive push for stone...

Stone is going to get a huge haul... Absolutely massive.
You might be right. Can’t see him signing before the summer though.

Like why would you? I’d have teams flying me all over the Caribbean all summer to meet me. Only get the chance once in your career!

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
You might be right. Can’t see him signing before the summer though.

Like why would you? I’d have teams flying me all over the Caribbean all summer to meet me. Only get the chance once in your career!

I know it's so true! But even as a rental he's so good like Bergeron good. You guys would be filthy. Someone is going to overpay just due to how many teams are slumping right now, have Injuries and want to go all in. It's the perfect storm for Ottawa.

Reactions: easton117

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Makes sense. I don't see TO dealing with the Bruins...we have Kapanen/Johnsson/Kadri/Nylander all in recent rumors...
Pass on the soft euro's we have enough and not interested in kadri,marner would be a nice pickup since you wont be able to pay him:laugh:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I know it's so true! But even as a rental he's so good like Bergeron good. You guys would be filthy. Someone is going to overpay just due to how many teams are slumping right now, have Injuries and want to go all in. It's the perfect storm for Ottawa.
Gotta think Stone or Panarin (whoever goes first) will set the bar for prices.

Nashville maybe goes first and then we’ll see from there.

But ya, the whole buyers market thing seems to have been a fart in the wind lol

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Gotta think Stone or Panarin (whoever goes first) will set the bar for prices.

Nashville maybe goes first and then we’ll see from there.

But ya, the whole buyers market thing seems to have been a fart in the wind lol
I don't think it was necessarily.

At the time Ferland was probably getting dealt now they look like a playoff team.

Teams at the top are all slumping...

Players are getting injured

I think the market has changed based off of performance by these top teams and injuries...

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I think their glad he went to LA
Think it’s hard to judge a guy like that based on the team he’s on.

Like if you worked with a pack of morons who were generally useless on a daily basis what happens to you? Eventually you put in the bare minimum effort required to make sure the cheque’s keep coming.

Not sure if that’s the case there. But the guy is human. And been around long enough to see who he’s out there with and know they stand no chance

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Think it’s hard to judge a guy like that based on the team he’s on.

Like if you worked with a pack of morons who were generally useless on a daily basis what happens to you? Eventually you put in the bare minimum effort required to make sure the cheque’s keep coming.

Not sure if that’s the case there. But the guy is human. And been around long enough to see who he’s out there with and know they stand no chance

He has too many red flags for me. Like you said he's pretty much has quit on the Kings after they gave him that third year and over 6 mil per, and he just packed up and left the devils, not honoring his contract.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
He has too many red flags for me. Like you said he's pretty much has quit on the Kings after they gave him that third year and over 6 mil per, and he just packed up and left the devils, not honoring his contract

Ya glad Boston didn’t go that route (yet lol).

Think he’d be a handy player in spurts still. Not at that price though

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
I'm a Bruins fan and I totally agree with you. If Stone go for a late 1st, a B prospect and a C project, the Sens better give a number to other teams and do a lottery because there will be alot of takers.
Yeah it's going to be a gross overpayment. If I'm dorion I trade Duchene first and early.... Well before the deadline... And then let the bidding begin on stone.

Here's my assumptions on stone

To Nashville for tolvanen/fabbro first and third

To Boston for debrusk first fourth

To Winnipeg for niku, Stanley first

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah it's going to be a gross overpayment. If I'm dorion I trade Duchene first and early.... Well before the deadline... And then let the bidding begin on stone.

Here's my assumptions on stone

To Nashville for tolvanen/fabbro first and third

To Boston for debrusk first fourth

To Winnipeg for niku, Stanley first

WPG gets the best deal here. WPG is also likely in pure rental mode. It's going to be very interesting.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

If they all stay at a top level, than the Bruins need to target a 3rd line centre only.
Sens do not want to trade in division and Panarin is probably a rental and walk, not worth it. Next year they will have Studnicka taking the 3rd line centre spot. Vaakaninen will grab a dee spot and Backes will be traded away.

Absolutely not, that would be just giving up on the season.
Playing Tampa/Washington/Toronto game after game in the playoffs is a bit different than the Hawks during regular season.

Seems like a great landing spot for Wayne Train Simmonds

Horrible idea.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad