Proposal: Boston Bruins

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Go hard after upper echelon talent (Stone) or don’t do anything and save the assets for summer. They have the $$$ and locker room that should be appealing to him. Keeps their window open longer while some of the youths develop.
2019 1st, JFK, Zboril and conditional 2020 2nd if he re-signs prior to draft.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Not a whole heck of alot of talk (there's some)

But I think it's safe to say we see the Bruins add a significant forward piece very soon.

They have good hockey team in their prime; they are trying splitting up that top line. It isn't a surprise they covet a top 6 winger.

Now. Who? And what's available?

Stone seems like too good of a fit.

Stone
Pominville(?)
Nyquist
J. Williams(?)
Simmonds
Silfverberg

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Go hard after upper echelon talent (Stone) or don’t do anything and save the assets for summer. They have the $$$ and locker room that should be appealing to him. Keeps their window open longer while some of the youths develop.
2019 1st, JFK, Zboril and conditional 2020 2nd if he re-signs prior to draft.
Thats a terrible offer..... JFK isn't any good.... zboril was a bad first round selection who isn't really doing much and a late first round pick? I think its easily beaten.

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
I should add that quality over quantity is what is coming for both of these guys. Would rather see tolvanen and a 2nd then a bunch of meh projects and a late first.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Thats a terrible offer..... JFK isn't any good.... zboril was a bad first round selection who isn't really doing much and a late first round pick? I think its easily beaten.

Zboril at that spot was right there at time of draft. I believe you’re using some methodology of hindsight but Zboril still has all the tools but he’s being asked to do more w his game. Since he was Chabots partner, I figured that type of chemistry would be desired.

JFK is solid. Needs to be more urgent but seems like he will be a nice 3c pivot for years to come.

I should add that quality over quantity is what is coming for both of these guys. Would rather see tolvanen and a 2nd then a bunch of meh projects and a late first.

I understand this desire and it adds needed clarity to your first post.

Feel free to anchor back.

Reactions: Tkachukecheese

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Tierney a solid 3rd liner. I don’t know any of those prospects.

I’d imagine a UFA to-be (Stone) would get less than the packed Karlsson fetched.

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
What did Ottawa get for Erik Karlsson with a year left on his contract?
everyone knows that dealing pre season compared to dealing at the deadline is going to get a way smaller/worse return. GM dorion messed up there, had a deal with vegas at the deadline and let it slip. Massive mistake. No team is going to trade away top prospects etc when they dont even know if they are in the playoffs. The sad part is that we are about to get way more for one of stone or duchene then we did for karlsson :( awful.

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Tierney a solid 3rd liner. I don’t know any of those prospects.

I’d imagine a UFA to-be (Stone) would get less than the packed Karlsson fetched.
You don't know any of those prospects? Norris was a first rounder and Balcers is actually a really nice piece. Dont get me wrong it was a bad trade but the fact that you don't know who Josh Norris is kind of telling. Just my opinion.

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Id think JFK + Bprospect + 1st is more than enough
Well that is your opinion. That definitely doesn't cut it in my opinion. I think heinen or debrusk have to be in the deal with a first and another piece as a starting point. Teams are going to be outbidding each other big time for these two, so I respect what you think is fair, however others will undoubtedly offer more.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers have been scouting both Boston and Providence like crazy lately, though I have absolutely no idea what for. A team needing secondary scoring and cap space spending a massive chunk of its time scouting a team without a ton of either doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Well that is your opinion. That definitely doesn't cut it in my opinion. I think heinen or debrusk have to be in the deal with a first and another piece as a starting point. Teams are going to be outbidding each other big time for these two, so I respect what you think is fair, however others will undoubtedly offer more.
Wait, so you think DeBrusk + a 1st + another piece is the “starting point” in a trade for Stone??? Stone is a rental.

I suspect you’ll be disappointed if/ when Stone is traded. But hey aim high

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think the primary targets for Boston at RW are, in order...

Stone
Panarin*
Saad
Toffoli
Silfverberg
Ferland

As for 3rd line centers, I think they're looking at...
Schenn
Hayes
Coyle
Nugent-Hopkins**

*I think they're in on Panarin, but knowing he's only a rental their offer is going to be much less than what CLB is expecting and much less than what they're offering for someone like Stone who at least seems like he'd be willing to listen to an offer on a contract extension.

**Nuge and to a lesser extent Duchene could be targets but I think they'd only go after guys of that quality if they fall short on their winger acquisition because I think it would mean some major off-season moves to keep all three centers happy.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Estlin

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Oilers have been scouting both Boston and Providence like crazy lately, though I have absolutely no idea what for. A team needing secondary scoring and cap space spending a massive chunk of its time scouting a team without a ton of either doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Only one I could think of that made sense was Nugent-Hopkins for some of Boston's young depth/prospect/AHL guys.
Bruins get a solid 3C while The Oil hopefully build up an actual team around McDavid and gain cap space.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Only one I could think of that made sense was Nugent-Hopkins for some of Boston's young depth/prospect/AHL guys.
Bruins get a solid 3C while The Oil hopefully build up an actual team around McDavid and gain cap space.

That’s... not going to happen. Dumping one of the only good players we have off a cliff for magic beans would be awful. Not much of interest on their AHL squad. Not to mention - Most of Boston’s decent prospects are LHD. Exactly what we don’t need.

And Nuge is a high end 2C. Playing him at 3C would be a complete waste.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS

Does it bring Solace to Oiler Fans that Chia isn’t the one pulling the trigger on trades anymore so you don’t really have to worry about some abomination every time you see news of heavy scouting start to circulate?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad