Proposal: Boston Bruins

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Havent read the whole thread but doesnt Ferland scream BOS? Or will he price himself out of their capspace on his new deal?
Just seems like he could be another Lucic/BOS type player in his prime.

Reactions: bbfan419

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Okay...
Mark Stone 50% retained + JGP 50% retained

for

Charlie McAvoy, a 3rd and Zach Senshyn

The 3rd becomes a first if you reach the SCF

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Okay...

for

Bruins don’t need Sens to retain. They have a ton of deadline day cap space.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Okay...

for

Wow you are greedy! I'm surprised you didn't also ask for Pastrnak, and DeBrusk.

Mark Stone will walk as a free agent this summer, JGP best season was 4 years ago with43 points - Boston's future franchise defenceman Charlie McAvoy's is already playing on Boston's top defensive line.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
You think you're getting 6 years of Mcavoy for 20 games of Mark Stone? I think Ottawa fans are in for a rough February
You’d think they’d have longer memories at least.

Anyhoo, thinking on it I’d do one of Lauzon/Zboril, one of Frederic/JFK and a 2nd for Stone. He signs make it a first.

If they want NHLers tell them to pick one of Grizz or Heinen for one of the above but I’d want to see ink to paper beforehand.

Pageau would be nice but he’s worth like a 3rd rounder and a C prospect at this point.

Face facts Sens fans. Guys are jumping overboard. Time to grab some kids you can lock down (aka imprison) for the next 3-5 years.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I don't think Stone gets a haul

I also don't think Debrusk + Pick is considered a haul either.

Stone + 4th
For
Debrusk + 1st

Is that really bad? I'd think the Bruins would not only love the rental upgrade, but the early access to signing the pending ufa

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine

Stone + 4th
For
Debrusk + 1st

Is that really bad? I'd think the Bruins would not only love the rental upgrade, but the early access to signing the pending ufa

We have DeBrusk at a cost effective until his ELC runs out in July 2020. Don't give me that you know darn well there in No way we can resign Stone with both Mcavoy, and Carlo coming off their entry level contracts this summer. So you want DeBrusk (15 goals and 22 points in 48 games) and a first for a rental that Boston has no chance to resign.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Stone + 4th
For
Debrusk + 1st

I mean DeBrusk is on pace for 25+ goals at age 22 despite having a concussion earlier in the year and a rotating cast of 4th liners on his opposite wing. He would immediately become the Sens 3rd most valuable under 25 player. I think you are underselling what value that has, even for a rental the quality of Stone. Bruins would HAVE to think they have a very good shot of keeping Stone in the fold.

IF the Bruins talk to Stone’s agent and feel confident and IF we can expand the deal to include Zboril and Pageu, I think long and hard.

But as a pure rental, no way.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I mean DeBrusk is on pace for 25+ goals at age 22 despite having a concussion earlier in the year and a rotating cast of 4th liners on his opposite wing. He would immediately become the Sens 3rd most valuable under 25 player. I think you are underselling what value that has, even for a rental the quality of Stone. Bruins would HAVE to think they have a very good shot of keeping Stone in the fold.

IF the Bruins talk to Stone’s agent and feel confident and IF we can expand the deal to include Zboril and Pageu, I think long and hard.

But as a pure rental, no way.

Not to mention, Ottawa doesn't own that value. Meaning, if Stone will sign with a team, it's clear he won't sign with Ottawa before a trade. If there is no contract, Ottawa doesn't get to trade on that future value. Mcavoy, Debrusk these kinds of players do not get traded for rentals. McDonagh AND Miller were traded together last year and got one roster player. Patches got a roster player but it was a guy who struggled terribly with Vegas and has a top of the market contract for a player of his caliber plus a prospect or a pick.

Rentals don't get young top pair, top 6 players on their elc. Ever.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
everyone knows that dealing pre season compared to dealing at the deadline is going to get a way smaller/worse return. GM dorion messed up there, had a deal with vegas at the deadline and let it slip. Massive mistake. No team is going to trade away top prospects etc when they dont even know if they are in the playoffs. The sad part is that we are about to get way more for one of stone or duchene then we did for karlsson :( awful.

The same way that "everyone knows" that, "everyone knows" that at the deadline you get picks as the primary return, unspectacular prospects as the secondary return and possible a mediocre 3rd-4th liner just to fill a roster spot and move some cap and that is for the very best rentals.

To be completely honest, I think that players dealt with one full year left on their deals usually get a bigger return than players dealt at the deadline. I would say that the Bruins got a better return for Lucic than the Sens got for Karlsson and that is mind blowing.

The point being that we as fans do not know what kind of deal could or would happen, sure it's fun to speculate, but we do not know what these guys would agree to in a deal and "everyone knows" that a team gets more in a trade at the deadline just isn't true. Teams especially do not get "a way smaller/worse return" for a player who will make more of an impact on his team over a full year than they would if they got him for 1/4 of the year plus playoffs. There is way more hype around the deadline, that is a sure thing.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Heinen is not the solution for your top 6 if you plan on doing anything in the playoffs.
It would be an absolute cop out if Sweeney can’t find a guy better than him for that role.

Bottom 6 he’s fine. Can chip in here and there and kill penalties on the cheap.

Staal would be a good choice for 3c. Pageau as well if they can pry him out of Ottawa.

Exactly why not?

I have heard that about Marchand and Blake Wheeler too.

I doubt that Heinen ever reaches those heights as a player but sometimes a player just fits with other players because their style of play fits together. Just maybe Heinen fits with Bergeron and Marchand the way Cashman fit with Esposito and Hodge or Clark Gilles fit with Bryan Trottier and Mike Bossy. Obviously I am using the very best examples and I don't expect Heinen to be on the level of those guys. He may just be a guy who fits. Bergeron and Marchand went a few years without a good winger until they clicked with Pastrnak, not every player can just play with those guys.

Maybe I am in the minority but I want to see if Heinen will have his game blossom if he plays with those guys. I am not convinced that Heinen is nothing but a 3rd liner. I have more faith in his ability than other people I guess.

Reactions: FanSince72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad