GDT: Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - POSTPONED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Is it possible tha t there is no parking available? I mean with no T there would need to be a lot of. Spaces that most likely are full with storm parking?

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
It took longer than it should have but they did make the right call.

We were thinking of walking the 3 miles in from Cambridge...given the temperatures tonight and the need to walk in the streets the Bruins/ NHL probably kept us from making a dumb decision.

So instead its watching Leafs- Habs.....hard to root for either team

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Is it possible tha t there is no parking available? I mean with no T there would need to be a lot of. Spaces that most likely are full with storm parking?
Possibly. However the Bruins/NHL could have saved a lot of headaches by making the decision yesterday or even this morning.

RealKrug47*

Maybe its a blessing in a way. Buffalo plays on the road tonight and will have to travel back late while the Bruins now have the night off and can sit and study buffalo more

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I agree Jaci. I'm just trying to figure out what would be the reason.
It's sunny and nice here in Grafton now.

like you said before... parking. Getting Garden employees out... I'm sure they tried their darndest not to postpone with the already effed up schedule.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Possibly. However the Bruins/NHL could have saved a lot of headaches by making the decision yesterday or even this morning.

I agree.

I was thinking of leaving at 3 PM, driving to Boston and paying too much to park at the Garden. But if the snow plow went by again it would be too deep for me to get up my driveway when I got home and my back already hurts from shoveling this morning.

Then I thought I would stay home and write of the $210. for the tickets and watch it on TV with you guys.

I hope no fans are making their way to Boston for this . They should have made this decision hours ago.

Now I am happy except I did want to watch hockey tonight.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Feb 20 seems like an ok make-up date but Tampa would have to play 5 games in 6 nights. 3 games break 2 games break

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
looks like March 28th is the first available day to make it up unless im missing something.

Not available concert at the Garden.

The only open dates they both have and the TD Garden is available are

3/6 Which would be 4 straight for TB and 5 games in 6 nights and for Boston 3 straight and 6 games in 8 nights

4/1 Which would be 4 straight for Boston

4/25 or 4/26 One date has to be left open for possible Celts playoff

4/28 day after reg season ends

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I admit I am sad that there is no Bruin hockey to watch tonight, but think the decision to postpone is a wise one safety wise.

I figure the Bruins are going to get screwed in the scheduling though-unless they cancel something else or figure out a way to fit in a matinee game before an evening event.

Now the big question is whether the Bruins can get out safely and to Buffalo for their game.

Did Tampa have a game tomorrow too?

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
I admit I am sad that there is no Bruin hockey to watch tonight, but think the decision to postpone is a wise one safety wise.

I figure the Bruins are going to get screwed in the scheduling though-unless they cancel something else or figure out a way to fit in a matinee game before an evening event.

Now the big question is whether the Bruins can get out safely and to Buffalo for their game.

Yes TB is at the Rangers

Kaoz*

Yessir, they play the Rags in New York.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
looks like March 28th is the first available day to make it up unless im missing something.

Yes.
And (if you cut out the last reg. season game) there goes the only occasion to rest for more than 1 day in the last 2 months ..

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My guess is they are going to shift something or try to do a matinee before another event.

Either way it the NHL needs to work out some way for neither team to end up playing 3 in a row-that isn't enough recovery time.

Bruins had very few days in March where there was more than 2 off in a row.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
Not available concert at the Garden.

The only open dates they both have and the TD Garden is available are

3/6 Which would be 4 straight for TB and 5 games in 6 nights and for Boston 3 straight and 6 games in 8 nights

4/1 Which would be 4 straight for Boston

4/25 or 4/26 One date has to be left open for possible Celts playoff

4/28 day after reg season ends

ah forgot about concerts. i may be mistaken but isnt there somthing in the cba that doesnt allow them to play more than two games in a row? also cant they make it up in the afternoon? so for example still have it on mar 28th but at 12pm (im not sure how long a concert needs to set up w/ sound check and all that)

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
ah forgot about concerts. i may be mistaken but isnt there somthing in the cba that doesnt allow them to play more than two games in a row? also cant they make it up in the afternoon? so for example still have it on mar 28th but at 12pm (im not sure how long a concert needs to set up w/ sound check and all that)

More than 3 hours. Plus you are not going to play a hockey game on a Thursday at 12pm non holiday.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
More than 3 hours. Plus you are not going to play a hockey game on a Thursday at 12pm non holiday.

not ideally no but if there isnt any other oppions could it be done time wise? is there any other days playing at 12am will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad