GDT: Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - POSTPONED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Tell me where would these cars park? Remember still have a parking ban going on? Most parking garages are full by City of Boston residents. T is not running.

I would have them plowed in just to get the roads open. Or do what they do in Canada and have a line of dump trucks picking up the snow.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Except that 6 blocks around the garden doesn't require much of snow clean up crew. Should have been a priority to get done this afternoon IMO. Just because the city of Boston is crippling in response time doesn't mean the surrounding towns and cities are as well.

I would love to see where, in the 6 blocks around the Garden, approximately 10k cars would park when the area garages are already full of resident cars parked due to the snow ban. :laugh:

The 6 blocks around the Garden wasn't the first priority. Making sure residents could get out of their homes and emergency vehicles could reach neighborhoods, if necessary was.

The cities/towns in the area aren't completely dug out, either. There's at least 6 inches of snow on my street. I couldn't drive in for game even if I wanted to.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
The roads are open. Just know where to Park. Do you not get that? Garden workers couldn't get there. Security couldn't get there. A lot of them use the T to get to work. And it is not running

Yes, I understand they couldn't clear the parking lots in time, because they can't do their job.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
I would have them plowed in just to get the roads open.

:facepalm:

Listen, I know it sucks that there's no game, but the correct order of priorities is:

General well-being of the populace -> Open roads for critical businesses + getting the T running -> Bruins game

I thought they had a good chance myself, but didn't realize there's a parking ban, which puts a completely different light on it.

But, yeah, saying "I'd have the city plow people's cars in just so I can see 2.5 hours of hockey tonight" is a bit selfish, don't you think? It's just a game.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
:facepalm:

Listen, I know it sucks that there's no game, but the correct order of priorities is:

General well-being of the populace -> Open roads for critical businesses + getting the T running -> Bruins game

I thought they had a good chance myself, but didn't realize there's a parking ban, which puts a completely different light on it.

But, yeah, saying "I'd have the city plow people's cars in just so I can see 2.5 hours of hockey tonight" is a bit selfish, don't you think? It's just a game.

Well if you really think about it why do people need to get out anyway, they should be staying in regardless.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
What

What?

What?

^THIS !!!! I know we're all nuts about hockey but a blizzard is real life, not a dessert at McDonalds. The NHL did the best thing they could do. We can always have the game when the city isn't busy shoveling out from this.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
Flew up here on Thursday and had tickets through Stub-Hub. I've been planning this for a while so I'm pretty bummed out, but I get why they had to cancel. I assume I'm going to eat the tickets too, does anyone know what happens in this situation?

http://www.stubhub.com/fanprotect-guarantee-legal/#buyers

If the event is cancelled or postponed:
If an event is cancelled and will not occur at a later date, we will provide you with a refund for the cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges. We will notify you that the event was cancelled by sending you an email which will provide instructions on how to obtain the refund.

If an event is postponed or rescheduled, you may use the tickets on the rescheduled date or, time permitting, list them for sale on StubHub. If an event is postponed but replacement tickets are required for entry to the event on the rescheduled date, StubHub will work to obtain replacement tickets for you. If we cannot obtain replacement tickets for you, StubHub will provide you a refund for the cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges. If you cannot attend the event on the rescheduled date and you are unable or unwilling to relist them for sale on StubHub, call us immediately at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482) and we will inform you of what you need to do to obtain a full or partial credit (the amount of the credit is within StubHub's sole discretion) toward a future purchase; this may require that you return the tickets. If you are required to return the tickets, StubHub will provide you instructions.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
There are more important things in life than regular season hockey game.
Safety is one of them.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
"who runs this town" is a topic for the political forum, where that discussion will deservedly go to die. Don't bring it up here. And if you want to have a snow removal discussion, have it in the Blizzard Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad