GDT: Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - POSTPONED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
so for example still have it on mar 28th but at 12pm (im not sure how long a concert needs to set up w/ sound check and all that)

I know they have done hockey and basketball in the same day, and I would think a concert depending on the stage show could set up after the hockey game ends.

I suspect they are going to end up doing to events on the same day.

Would the NHL switch the game to an away game? It would mean the Bruins getting 1 fewer home game and one extra away, but wondering if this would be an option if Tampa's arena was available.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
not ideally no but if there isnt any other oppions could it be dont time wise?

Nope. The concert is big pop star. Game ends at 2:30 concert starts @ 7:30. They are going to need 12 hours to set it up. Cover the ice, rig up the stage and lights. Doing the stage probably takes 5 or 6 hours it self.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
Would the NHL switch the game to an away game? It would mean the Bruins getting 1 fewer home game and one extra away, but wondering if this would be an option if Tampa's arena was available.

No. If that was the plan they would have played today at 1pm with an empty house.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Matt Kalman (sp.) was on the hub and said it was likely that the state pressured the NHL/Bruins to cancel because they were telling people to stay off the roads.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
So basically there are no dates available to play the game, because the few open ones would involve playing too many consecutive games.

I am all but willing to bet the move one of the other events in conflict to a different available date, or they use one where they can do the quick switch to the next event.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Matt Kalman (sp.) was on the hub and said it was likely that the state pressured the NHL/Bruins to cancel because they were telling people to stay off the roads.

they said that during the presser at noon today. (or whatever time it was). that the NHL and the state were in "discussion". so it's no surprise.

the roads are horrid anyway (you'd think with the extra time from the ban they'd be stellar)

plus it makes the T look bad because they havent been able to get stuff going again.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't know if there is one big enough, but there is an arena in Manchester, NH (pretty small though compared to TD Garden), then of course Providence and Worcester (haven't been to events in those venues so not sure about seating).

All three have AHL teams.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
is there any other arena close enough that they could play in? if not then april 25th is the only real option.

Frozen Fenway!!!:laugh: Make some tribute event to the original home of the Bruins and play a game at Matthews Arena. Ya I know neither of these are legit options.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I don't know if there is one big enough, but there is an arena in Manchester, NH (pretty small though compared to TD Garden), then of course Providence and Worcester (haven't been to events in those venues so not sure about seating).

All three have AHL teams.

Logistical nightmare. They sold 17k + tickets to the game. Manchester only holds 10k. They don't even have enough to accommodate their STH's.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
This is going to be a mess, I can just tell already. No idea when they are going to get this game in.

Wonder if they haven't made it up by the end of the season, if both teams are locked into their playoff positions, if they just don't play it like it happens in MLB sometimes.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
I couldn't get to the game.

1. My street is not plowed. 8 inches still on my road.
2. Not close enough to walk
3. Cabs are not running yet

Exactly, the city can't get it done on time, ****ing lazy ****s. :laugh:

Oh well, hopefully they learn from this one.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
You've got to be kidding me, theres a game tonight get your **** into gear and work overtime if you have to. Its not even snowing right now. That basically says the DPW is too lazy to get things done on time.

The DPW has done a pretty damn good job getting the city as clean as it is now. It's Boston; where do you think they can dump the zillion metric tons of snow that's out there?

I realize we all want our hockey, but it's a game. They did the right thing (frankly, should've done it earlier) by canceling this game and allowing the city and state to devote all the efforts and money to getting the metro clear so that it's safe for workers, kids going back to school on Monday.

25 inches of snow across a dense, compact metro area doesn't move in just over 30 hours.

Too lazy....lulz.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Gillette is free-outdoor game at Gillette-they will have plenty of seats.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

..and the T was closed until tomorrow at best. I don't know how many B's fans use the T but I know many do (me included).

They did the correct thing by postponing but they decided too late.

I hope no one was on their way.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
The DPW has done a pretty damn good job getting the city as clean as it is now. It's Boston; where do you think they can dump the zillion metric tons of snow that's out there?

Side walks, parking lots, parks? Places you don't need this time of year.

I realize we all want our hockey, but it's a game. They did the right thing (frankly, should've done it earlier) by canceling this game and allowing the city and state to devote all the efforts and money to getting the metro clear so that it's safe for workers, kids going back to school on Monday.

I disagree, I think if they really strived they could have cleared the roads on time.

25 inches of snow across a dense, compact metro area doesn't move in just over 30 hours.

Too lazy....lulz.

If you have the right equipment it does. Bottom line, this was a challenge and the city failed it. Not surprised considering who's running this state.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
i think they might have to look at involving more teams and move other games around to make it work.

i wish they could do two games same day back to back on mar 2nd. move the game to 12pm then have 5 hours off and play the next one at 730. that would be my hockey dream.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
If you have the right equipment it does. Bottom line, this was a challenge and the city failed it. Not surprised considering who's running this state.

Your idea to dump ALL that snow on the sidewalks in a city that is known as "The Walking City" tells me all I need to know about your ability to provide an educated solution to the plan. People don't need sidewalks in winter? Do you want them walking in the streets? Cause that's safe.

Now I know you're just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->