GDT: Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - POSTPONED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
well, if they don't shovel the field, in a few days it might be ice.

that is a looooong drive. My photography teacher lives 4 miles from Gillette, it takes me forever to get to lessons.

(of course, I live in the boonies)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
They did the correct thing by postponing but they decided too late.

I agree with this.

Any word on how/when Bruins are going to Buffalo?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Sigh. I was looking forward to watching a game tonight :|

Now what am I supposed to do? D:

As I was shoveling and snowblowing for 4 hours today. The only thing that got me through it was the chance to watch the B's tonight! This sucks.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Your idea to dump ALL that snow on the sidewalks in a city that is known as "The Walking City" tells me all I need to know about your ability to provide an educated solution to the plan. People don't need sidewalks in winter? Do you want them walking in the streets? Cause that's safe.

Now I know you're just trolling.

why would you need all the side walks if it won't be a full attendance anyway?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
No, not really its kind of sad in a way.

This was the 5th worst snowstorm the city has ever seen. It stopped snowing less than 12 hours ago. There are plows out there getting stuck, people who are without power, and the main focus is trying to get the city's infrastructure ready for work/school on Monday. There is no public transportation in a city where a large percentage of residents rely on it to get around. Non-essential citizens have only been legally allowed to navigate the roads for 40 minutes.

Yea, it's disappointing that there won't be a game to watch, but it's 100% the right call. Public safety is the first priority.

You're either 12 years old, have a very narrow worldview, or are just trying to stir **** up.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
This was the 5th worst snowstorm the city has ever seen. It stopped snowing less than 12 hours ago. There are plows out there getting stuck, people who are without power, and the main focus is trying to get the city's infrastructure ready for work/school on Monday. There is no public transportation in a city where a large percentage of residents rely on it to get around. Non-essential citizens have only been legally allowed to navigate the roads for 40 minutes.

Yea, it's disappointing that there won't be a game to watch, but it's 100% the right call. Public safety is the first priority.

You're either 12 years old, have a very narrow worldview, or are just trying to stir **** up.

Ultimately, I just feel things could have been better prepared for.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
If you have the right equipment it does. Bottom line, this was a challenge and the city failed it. Not surprised considering who's running this state.

why would you need all the side walks if it won't be a full attendance anyway?

What, did all 600,000 residents of Boston go to Miami during the blizzard?

The city needs to devote its energy to clearing ALL of the city, rather than the six blocks around the Garden.

Why do we need sidewalks? Are you seriously asking this? Please tell me you're doing some sort of satirical performance.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
There is no way the NHL would do a double header-even if the CBA allowed for it. Too much risk of injury playing 2 full games on the same day. Enough risk as it is this year with few days for rest.

I am almost to the point where I think they should schedule it the day after the official season end. The playoff schedule for the West could be done the day before and it is possible the Bruins/Tampa game will be meaningless as far as the standings go.

The cancellation was probably the safest thing the league could have done, but logistically it is going to be a nightmare to try to get the game rescheduled.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
What, did all 600,000 residents of Boston go to Miami during the blizzard?

The city needs to devote its energy to clearing ALL of the city, rather than the six blocks around the Garden.

Why do we need sidewalks? Are you seriously asking this? Please tell me you're doing some sort of satirical performance.

Except that 6 blocks around the garden doesn't require much of snow clean up crew. Should have been a priority to get done this afternoon IMO. Just because the city of Boston is crippling in response time doesn't mean the surrounding towns and cities are as well.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I agree but it s not like its a 48 hour affair, there was time to clean it up.

No there really wasn't.

It was the correct thing to do. Boston has a lot snow to move. The sidewalks aren't clear... the T is not running...parking spaces are not cleared...It isn't fair to the fans or the folks who have to report to the Garden to work (concessions, ice crew, security and ushers) to expect them to show up.

The less cars and people in Boston the easier it is for the city to clean up the mess.

We should use this GDT (which is very nice :)) and follow the Habs and Leafs.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
Except that 6 blocks around the garden doesn't require much of snow clean up crew. Should have been a priority to get done this afternoon IMO.

Tell me where would these cars park? Remember still have a parking ban going on? Most parking garages are full by City of Boston residents. T is not running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad