GDT: Boston Bruins @ Red Wings - 7:30 - EST - FSD

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
AA went from being in the doghouse for lack of effort to being an absolute puck hound game in game out and the numbers reflect it

He's finally in Blash's good books. Now it's time to keep this up to demand even more ice time. He still averages under 17 per game, yet he's producing like a first liner at the moment.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
That's fair but in the summer way too much people were giving up on him and I was astonished. He had 34 goals in 2 years and was underperforming. He always was going to eventually breakout with his speed and skill and glad he has proved the haters wrong.

34 goals in 2 years... yes... But...
He was getting benched and reduced ice time quite often due to lack of effort and cheating on plays.

We all knew he was capable of playing much better. We all knew he had talent. But up until this year, he has been a productive / ice time offensively, and disastrous for us defensively. He was also angering management a lot, to the point I am sure they have had trade discussions with his name involved.

If he continued with his offensive only effort.. than yes, I am fully on the trade him bandwagon.
BUT, he is playing much differently this year. I have not seen him trying to break the zone the way he was doing before hanging out the rest of his team. Watching him play much better is great.

Reactions: KJoe88

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
34 goals in 2 years... yes... But...
He was getting benched and reduced ice time quite often due to lack of effort and cheating on plays.

We all knew he was capable of playing much better. We all knew he had talent. But up until this year, he has been a productive / ice time offensively, and disastrous for us defensively. He was also angering management a lot, to the point I am sure they have had trade discussions with his name involved.

If he continued with his offensive only effort.. than yes, I am fully on the trade him bandwagon.
BUT, he is playing much differently this year. I have not seen him trying to break the zone the way he was doing before hanging out the rest of his team. Watching him play much better is great.
AA could be an all star with a true 1c next to him.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
AA has to win a selke to shut you guys up! Lol.

Not really. He just has to actually try on defense.

AA deserved being benched, and he deserved low minutes last year.
As much as his Pts/60 (stupid stat) says he was productive.

AA was losing games for us on plays he wasn't scoring on.
I do NOT see him losing games for us this year. That is a big change.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

He was not losing games for us. That's complete BS! The lack of talent was losing games for us not one guy. AA is the scapegoat but Gator and all these other overpaid NMC bums just get free passes hey?

Reactions: wingerdinger

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
So Kronwall has 0g,3a in 18 games despite playing 19 minutes per game.

Just doing some stat browsing, thought I'd point that out.

EDIT: Even better, that includes 1 min per game on PP.

EDIT2: 2 of his 3 assists were secondary. Ok I'm done now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Flowah

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

100% agree with the bold. IMO, clearly Blashill's treatment of AA worked. The kid always had talent, we all saw it, and it was frustrating to see him play the way he did last year. The best thing for a player like that is to nip the bad habits in the bud when they are young, so when they hit their peak the habits are gone and they are playing to their max potential. This year AA seems to be going in that direction and I give him full credit for it.

Obviously the tone of some online was ridiculous, its no different then the hyperbolic tone some fans use when talking about Holland, Blashill, Babs etc.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I suppose your explanation for his low ice time, and being benched several games is just "The coach is dumb"?
i dont think blashill's dumb, i just think he's a poor comminicator. he's very technical and some of the terms he uses probably get lost in translation.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
So Kronwall has 0g,3a in 18 games despite playing 19 minutes per game.

Just doing some stat browsing, thought I'd point that out.

EDIT: Even better, that includes 1 min per game on PP.

EDIT2: 2 of his 3 assists were secondary. Ok I'm done now :)
just think how bad he'd look if he didnt have cholowski next to him.

anyways i dont hold it against him the guy has given his body and soul for the red wings.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
He owes himself an apology. The fans' and coaches' reactions were reflective of his effort, he has nobody else to blame.

I'm glad he got his $#it together, at least for the moment. Let's hope this is a permanent change in attitude.
Does the rest of the team on us an apology too? There was more then a few others who were 10x worse last year then him and all people talked about this summer was trading him. Meanwhile, here he is proving that when he gets top 6 minutes he will produce. He also produced very well last few years based on how much ice he played. Now he is playing more, therefore scoring more. It only took Blash 3 years to realize more ice for AA= more goals, production....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad