GDT: Boston Bruins @ Red Wings - 7:30 - EST - FSD

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Frk won't become expendable until Zadina hits.

Pretty much both shoot from the same office, except Zadina is much more accurate and can pull the trigger quicker.

Oct 18, 2006
Can safely say I’ve been a huge AA fan since day 1. Kid is so skilled and so exciting. It’s so great to see him play so well and so confidently.

I love that AA-Nielsen-Nyquist line. Must stay. They all seems to compliment each other, and it’s finally given Nielson guys he can produce with.

Also really impressed with Mantha lately. Even if he’s not scoring, he’s still impressing, which has always been my major concern. His defensive work and backchecking has been tremendous these last 5 or so games. I really hope this is what we’ll get from now on.

Also really liked Rasmussen’s game last night. Could’ve easily scored. But above all else, I thought he looked really involved and made some great passes to set up chances. May be the best all-around offensive game he’s produced, because it all came at ES too.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
It really makes me wonder about the accuracy of NHL stats.

Cholowski is listed as (-1) for the game last night. It was DDK and Jensen on the ice for both goals against.

Larkin should have had that assist a few games back, but never corrected.

All these statistical metrics are only as good as the data collected.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Last edited:

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Hot take, AA is gonna be better than Larkin. More raw skill and is quietly a hard worker off and on ice. People just mainly just focus on Larkin and AA’s in creeping the shadows. Watch him closely, 9-5-14in 17 games is impressive plus he got like 8 points in 3 preseason games. He’s gonna be the dats to Larkin’s Zetterberg

Take it eaay buddy I know weed is legal but you want to smoke a little less.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
have you seen AA onetimers lately ? his shot is accurate and dangerous , just like Frk .
But he doesn't know how what else to do with the puck when he gets it. Frk knows when to shoot and when to pass. He makes the right passes almost all the time. He just gets it on the PP.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
UhZMESr.gif

I gotta remember this one for my arsenal, but you used the wrong GIF!

giphy.gif

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Hronek has more points than him this season. Hronek has only 6 games played this season. Frk is ultra expendable, literally anyone else can do what he is doing.

I don’t think that’s fair to say. We have seen over the years plenty of 4th liners unable to do what Frk can do. Miller, ott, Witkowski etc.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don’t think that’s fair to say. We have seen over the years plenty of 4th liners unable to do what Frk can do. Miller, ott, Witkowski etc.
Murkowski only brings energy, Miller was solid 4liner and great pk . Frk has good shot , but nothing else, he is only effective at PP, AA could easily replace him at PP

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I'm genuinely asking, what is Frk doing that no one else can? Put Miller or Wit on the Power Play with that time and they probably have the same amount of points. Frk has a very good shot and he has improved his skating quite a bit, but nothing he's doing out there isn't replaceable.

Reactions: 21 Savage

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I'm genuinely asking, what is Frk doing that no one else can? Put Miller or Wit on the Power Play with that time and they probably have the same amount of points. Frk has a very good shot and he has improved his skating quite a bit, but nothing he's doing out there isn't replaceable.

i think he gets underrated a bit here. Of course, he can be replaced, but that doesn't mean he should be replaced. He is a warrior along the boards and in the forecheck, passes the puck, skates better, has a good shot and seems to be a good character. He's a right handed shot, Zadina is a left handed shooter, as is AA. So, the right handed spot on the PP is still in Frks hands

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Can safely say I’ve been a huge AA fan since day 1. Kid is so skilled and so exciting. It’s so great to see him play so well and so confidently.

I love that AA-Nielsen-Nyquist line. Must stay. They all seems to compliment each other, and it’s finally given Nielson guys he can produce with.

Also really impressed with Mantha lately. Even if he’s not scoring, he’s still impressing, which has always been my major concern. His defensive work and backchecking has been tremendous these last 5 or so games. I really hope this is what we’ll get from now on.

Also really liked Rasmussen’s game last night. Could’ve easily scored. But above all else, I thought he looked really involved and made some great passes to set up chances. May be the best all-around offensive game he’s produced, because it all came at ES too.
I also really like that line too. I think Nielsen has had an excellent stretch too. Yes he has not scored this year yet but he is creating chances for his linemates and playing good 2 way hockey.

Reactions: Filppula

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
just think how bad he'd look if he didnt have cholowski next to him.

anyways i dont hold it against him the guy has given his body and soul for the red wings.

This

Dude has had a bum leg almost his entire pro career. Plus, it's safe to assume that he's giving Cholo some good pointers, sort of like a player coach.

Reactions: wingerdinger

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Another very good game for Howard. The guy has been one of the best goalies in the league this year, hope he keeps it up.

I thought he was done, but so far he's been great. I'm happy to eat crow here. Just hope he stays healthy.

I guess the Marty Brodeur diet is really paying off.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Murkowski only brings energy, Miller was solid 4liner and great pk . Frk has good shot , but nothing else, he is only effective at PP, AA could easily replace him at PP

Are you disagreeing with me? Because I don't disagree with anything you said.

The original poster that I was responding to said that any player can do what Frk does and I disagreed and used those guys as examples. I'm not saying one is necessarily better then the other, I'm saying that Frk's skill set is not one that can be replicated by literally anyone.

"Do we need Frk?" and "Can everyone else literally do what Frk does?" are two different questions.

I would much rather have AA on the PP, and like I said, I pretty much agree with everything you said.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

I dont believe Miller or Witowski have the ability to put the puck in the net the way Frk does. I'm not saying the guy is sniper or anything, but he increases the PP's chance at scoring a goal over those two, especially if we are talking Drew Miller at the end.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Are you disagreeing with me? Because I don't disagree with anything you said.

The original poster that I was responding to said that any player can do what Frk does and I disagreed and used those guys as examples. I'm not saying one is necessarily better then the other, I'm saying that Frk's skill set is not one that can be replicated by literally anyone.

"Do we need Frk?" and "Can everyone else literally do what Frk does?" are two different questions.

I would much rather have AA on the PP, and like I said, I pretty much agree with everything you said.
sorry my English not so good , I misunderstood

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
sorry my English not so good , I misunderstood

No worries at all.

At the end of the day a guy like Frk is expendable. As long as he has a cheap contract, I'm more then happy having him as our 13th forward, or as a 4th line winger.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
i think he gets underrated a bit here. Of course, he can be replaced, but that doesn't mean he should be replaced. He is a warrior along the boards and in the forecheck, passes the puck, skates better, has a good shot and seems to be a good character. He's a right handed shot, Zadina is a left handed shooter, as is AA. So, the right handed spot on the PP is still in Frks hands

Good point, I actually forgot that he was right handed.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Disagree.

AA has never looked good on the PP. Frk does. Frk knows how to distribute the puck and is one hell of a right handed shot. AA looks lost on the PP for real. Like if he has to set up in the zone instead of busting in full speed and making things happen off the rush he just doesn't know what to do.

Frk may LOOK good on the powerplay, but his production has been mediocre. Imo an over reliance on feeding him the puck was a large reason why our PP struggled last year. Blash kept trying to recreate the Green to Ovechkin set up, only instead of an all time great the shooter was a guy with 12 career goals in 82 games.

Frk is a likeable player, he hustles and when his shot is on target he’s fun to watch. He celebrates with enthusiasm, and I’m happy he got a chance in the NHL and earn a NHL salary. That being said, he is really a player of borderline NHL caliber. 27 points in 82 games isn’t horrid, but as a 24 year old-25 year old rookie spoonfed powerplay time, it certainly isn’t promising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad