Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Announce 2021 Development Camp Roster And Schedule

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Nice burst of speed. That's new from last year I think.
He’s kind of built like Oshie…Eric says Vatrano which is an excellent comp. He is the right physical strong & sturdy - has an anchor if he wants but can move around front of net while the D battles him; he doesn’t just go to front of net and stand there he’s constantly shifting body and/or moving to a more advantageous spot: HUGE

boards has no hesitation & goes in comes out with puck and sturdy on his skates - he instinctively drops down a bit and feet go wide as he gets leverage and max strength to win battle and come out to the open

this was against some big boys on the drills

I want to see him in Lowell & Merrimack in live action to see how this goes

And he looks like Vatrano firing the puck

coaching staff seemed to take notice as he looked like he was getting their attention

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Day 4
Forwards started by themselves and the focus early was faceoffs and all the different techniques were in display, I thought Quinn Olson and Reed Lebster were pretty successful
Pace of the drills picked up and from there and it was non stop action for about 2.5 hours
Another good day, kids are putting in the effort, staff has to be pleased, I certainly am
This is turning into the Trevor Kuntar camp, dominated the drills, Vatrano like body but a better skater and comparable shot, he's going to be a good one
On defense Lohrei again was the top dog, Lyle, Scanlin, Mitchell and Malmstrom all did well
2021 picks are hanging in there against the older more developed rest of the roster
Apparently there's a scrimmage tomorrow
I'll do a review of every player some time over the weekend

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Day 4
Forwards started by themselves and the focus early was faceoffs and all the different techniques were in display, I thought Quinn Olson and Reed Lebster were pretty successful
Pace of the drills picked up and from there and it was non stop action for about 2.5 hours
Another good day, kids are putting in the effort, staff has to be pleased, I certainly am
This is turning into the Trevor Kuntar camp, dominated the drills, Vatrano like body but a better skater and comparable shot, he's going to be a good one
On defense Lohrei again was the top dog, Lyle, Scanlin, Mitchell and Malmstrom all did well
2021 picks are hanging in there against the older more developed rest of the roster
We were joking how Gallagher looked like a smurf in the defensive group and he’s 6 feet

Gallagher was someone I was targeting predraft round 4 not sure he would be there and based on multiple podcasts and scouting publications and Internet draft info

was watching closely to see if maybe he had 3 legs or something and he looks good - I read the Lindgren comps but he made it thru the two days of DC without bleeding

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
there's more to using your size than just hitting & being mean.

Carlo uses his reach and frame extremely well, which is why he's such a great PK guy.
And if he was mean and had some edge to his game he would be a star. I agree he is a very good penalty killer and important to the team as the number 2 D by default. If he had some nasty and threw big hits while playing smart positional hockey it would be huge and is sorely needed on this team.

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Day 4
really looking forward to your review. thank you!!

Reactions: HustleB

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Kuntar is 6 foot, 195... on his way to being McAvoy thicc.

He's listed at 6' but is he really? Looked more like 5'10 in the BC games, but I only watched on TV. Any who is there live able to report on this?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
The hype is real with Lohrei...I was originally scared that his size would be a big issue, but in the first few days of camp the kid is legit!

He's 100% committed to not playing in Boston for the start of the season?

Reactions: bbfan419 and Silva

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The hype is real with Lohrei...I was originally scared that his size would be a big issue, but in the first few days of camp the kid is legit!

It’s so great to hear he’s doing well. After we drafted him on a particular down date in my bruins fandom I started looking through the farm system to see if there was anything to look forward to. Lorhei caught my eye of the bunch. He could be a legit number 2 in the near future

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Why was his size an issue for you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad