Post-Game Talk: Boston 2 - Devils 1 (SO)

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I doubt Moose would want to leave and there's no reason we would trade him unless a team desparately needed a starter for the playoffs and gave us an offer Lou couldn't refuse. It would all go through Moose anyway.

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
sounds like moose isn't going anywhere then. but i'd def listen if a bubble team with offensive depth came calling...soooo which D will it be?:dunno:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Missed the game and will watch later on DVR.Sounds like a great job by Moose.Zids in the shootout?????????????? The water boy wasn't available??? Sorry Zids but some of your play as of late.:( Sounds like they held their own against a good opponent.

Of course all we hear about how is the ****ing Broons. NHL Network sucks thanks Weekes for your continued spineless reporting.

BTW WHAT KIND OF A PIECE OF **** THROWS HALF OF A HAMBURGER AT THE GOALIE.If you happen to be reading this Bruins fan YOU ARE SCUM.:rant:

I really hope Karma bites your team in the arse.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Apparently Zidlicky was 6-20 career in the shootout before coming to the Devils so it wasn't totally out of left field, I was shocked he had that many attempts :amazed:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Apparently Zidlicky was 6-20 career in the shootout before coming to the Devils so it wasn't totally out of left field, I was shocked he had that many attempts :amazed:

When you start getting into those rounds the Zidlicky's of the NHL become the only people you can go with. We could make the arguments that Zubrus should have got a turn but when it comes to deking and hands those 2 are probably about equal.

What really would have been fun is if Zid had made that and we keep going. After Zubrus who in the world would have gone?

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
When you start getting into those rounds the Zidlicky's of the NHL become the only people you can go with. We could make the arguments that Zubrus should have got a turn but when it comes to deking and hands those 2 are probably about equal.

What really would have been fun is if Zid had made that and we keep going. After Zubrus who in the world would have gone?

Volchenkov and hope he Malik's it?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Volchenkov and hope he Malik's it?

:laugh:

I would've called in sick the next day, cause I would've suffered a heart attack/stroke. I honestly think that if we were left with Volchenkov as our last option, we should send Marty over A-Train !!!

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Was at the game with some prime seats last night.

Both teams played pretty poorly. Hedberg kept NJ in the game. We had a lot of issues defending the Bruins off the breakout.

We had some good zone cycling, but couldn't muster many quality shots.

Clarkson, yet again, scores a miraculous/Pejorative Slured goal.

Tallinder had a pretty poor game. Some bad decisions with pinching in the neutral zone and getting beat wide down low.

Andy Greene is really good. He's amazing with his body positioning.

Volchenkov and Salvador can't do anything offensively.

We need forward depth.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Matteau will not be on that line for long and that has no bearing on whether he goes back to the Q or not. Pete has been trying different looks, letting the younger guys get a look with real talent next to them instead of the likes of Cam. Only been 5 games and the depth is thin. Don't blame Pete for trying different looks with the younger players, get an idea of what he has. Things will sort out when we add depth in Henrique and whomever Lou trades for.

Agree we need scoring, but I think you guys are going way overboard with it. Make it sound like we re getting shutout every night. We have plenty of talent that can score, just need a bit more depth to slot some guys down the depth chart and spread things out a bit more. Henrique will be a big part of that, hopefully Lou will provide someone good with some finish as well. After that I don't think we would need any world beater type of forward, just a solid 2 way grinder for the third line. Whether that is Darche, Matteau, Anderson, Butler, whomever.

CBGB actually looked pretty good tonight. They had a bunch of solid shifts. Clarkson had a really good game. Moose was excellent, but I still think that goal could of been stopped. He shouldn't of had to if Kovy back checked harder, and Tally's stick did deflect it a bit, but it did look a bit soft. Still overall he looked great.

its early by no means is this the squad that will represent the devils in the playoffs. hopefully the right opportunity to acquire an additional forward will present itself as it is obvious we lack some depth up front.. basically we are out a full line from last year.../poni/henrique/parise..... we will get one of them back for sure....i prefer to see what we have first which is what they are doind and then go get someone....... Tallinder seems the most likely candidat to be moved. i would even be willing to give up two defensman one current roster guy ( tallinder) and one of the youner prospects on defense... to bring in a forward....needs to be a young forward though cause we are getting long in the tooth up front with elias and zub...

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Greene is very good and when on hes our best, but I don't think he's been great so far this year. Positionally he's been good but he's had a few to many turnovers which is pretty un-Greene like. It's probably rust.

TSC*

BTW WHAT KIND OF A PIECE OF **** THROWS HALF OF A HAMBURGER AT THE GOALIE.If you happen to be reading this Bruins fan YOU ARE SCUM.:rant:

I really hope Karma bites your team in the arse.

It was a Devils fan that threw it.

DevilChuk*

It was a Devils fan that threw it.

Proof?

I'm going to play the overwhelming odds here and say it was a Bruins fan. Also, don't know why a Devils fan would throw something at Hedberg and not Seguin..

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
It was probably the same Devils fan throwing rats in Florida. He travels the country throwing **** on the ice. Someone must put a stop to his reign of terror.

DevilChuk*

It was probably the same Devils fan throwing rats in Florida. He travels the country throwing **** on the ice. Someone must put a stop to his reign of terror.

The same Devil fan that caused the lockout and the recession?

Hate that guy

TSC*

Watch the end of this video. It points out the fan who threw it, and claim it was a Devils fan.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Watch the end of this video. It points out the fan who threw it, and claim it was a Devils fan.

I'll claim it was a Bruins fan after watching that video.

It was a Bruins fan that through the hot dog to throw off Hedberg. That was fun, having no evidence and all.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That video didn't prove anything, it said "I think that's a jersey boy trying to screw the Bruins"

Regardless, I think it would have been hilarious if it was a Bruins fan, they redid the shot, Seguin misses and the fan effectively screws his team over

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Not wearing Devils colors and threw something at the Devils goalie. Must be a Devils fan.

Also under the rules the shot would have to be retaken even if Seguin missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad