Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Linus Ullmark has signed with Boston (4 years, $5M AAV)

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Don't let Ullmark's record from last year fool you. His wins came against: 4 Devils, 2 Philly, 2 Rangers, 1 Wash.

You look at Houser and Tokarski vs those teams, and they performed the same. The guy had a .886 s % in losses (which really just meant any team that wasn't trash).

Analytically, he is terrible and has always had injury issues. Already had a double hip replacement.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Don't let Ullmark's record from last year fool you. His wins came against: 4 Devils, 2 Philly, 2 Rangers, 1 Wash.

You look at Houser and Tokarski vs those teams, and they performed the same. The guy had a .886 s % in losses (which really just meant any team that wasn't trash).

Analytically, he is terrible and has always had injury issues. Already had a double hip replacement.
Double hip replacement? I doubt it.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
They should’ve just signed a cheap vet to platoon with Swayman.

If Swayman pans out this deal is unmovable and you just eliminated the cap benefits of a cheap and good #1.

i mostly agree with this except that if swayman is good and ullmark is also good im sure ullmark is moveable at 5 million under 30 if he looks like an above average goalie. To any team.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
i mostly agree with this except that if swayman is good and ullmark is also good im sure ullmark is moveable at 5 million under 30 if he looks like an above average goalie. To any team.

not only that. You are still spending under 7 total for goalies.
Swayman is so new he isnt even waiver eligible. He wont be up for big money until Ullmans contract is damn near done.
Not a bad problem to have.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
one Vladar was traded to Calgary.
I love Swayman. Followed him all through college. But he has a grand total of 10 games under his belt.

Bruins dont know if he can carry a load. Has only played 35 games once a few years ago in college spread out over 6 months.

Plus Rask, ufa, had surgery 2 days ago. 2 months later than originally anticipated. Out until st least Feb - Mar if at all.

So, here we are.

I couldn't keep up with the news. So much going on today. Very surprised that Vladar is gone.

But that's a vote of confidence in Swayman at least.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Don Keedic

Apr 16, 2021

Right. His record last season would have been the same regardless of the team playing in front of him. :sarcasm::confused:

Or maybe you're just salty he rejected the offer from the Sabres because every single player with even a modicum of talent is trying to escape the sinking ship..........

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
They could have signed someone for a 1 or 2 year contract, or kept vladar and had them split.

What if he does great, and they need to pay him, and have 2 goalies for 5M each. It's a waste of cap space.

When, and if, Swayman earns a 5 mill a year contract you worry about getting rid of Ullmark

Reactions: Steeler23

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Holland did one thing right and that was not signing this guy to this laughable contract. I would have expected his aav to be closer to 3-3.5 than 5 AND term.. damn

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I guess the Bruins liked what they saw in him. I trust that he's going to have a good next few seasons if he stays healthy.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lol did somebody really try to claim he had a double hip replacement in here? And people liked that post???

I mean criticize the deal if you want but cmon :laugh:

no, having hip surgery 5 years ago doesn’t mean he had his hips replaced-he’ll probably have that happen in 30 years. If he had a double hip replacement he wouldn’t be putting up good numbers on the most god awful black hole of a franchise in the history of the sport. I can’t believe that has to be said

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Lol did somebody really try to claim he had a double hip replacement in here? And people liked that post???

I mean criticize the deal if you want but cmon :laugh:

no, having hip surgery 5 years ago doesn’t mean he had his hips replaced-he’ll probably have that happen in 30 years. If he had a double hip replacement he wouldn’t be putting up good numbers on the most god awful black hole of a franchise in the history of the sport. I can’t believe that has to be said
I heard one of his legs was amputated.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Right. His record last season would have been the same regardless of the team playing in front of him. :sarcasm::confused:

Or maybe you're just salty he rejected the offer from the Sabres because every single player with even a modicum of talent is trying to escape the sinking ship..........

You can go back to my posts from during the season and even when he signed a one year deal last year. I never wanted him signed. He is too unreliable

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Are you aware that they played in a bubble last year? It's not as if Ullmark was going to get a win against COL or VGK.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007

He made some nice desperation saves, but it's weird to make a top 10 of saves for a goalie. Goalies make between 20 to 40, sometimes even 50, saves a night. Of course there will be some good ones. There will also be bad goals, so this video doesn't really mean all that much.

He may be good though. With the covid restrictions, I did not get to see a single Buffalo game this year. It's not the video that proves it.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3