Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Linus Ullmark has signed with Boston (4 years, $5M AAV)

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Maybe I just caught Ullmark on some bad days but holy shit, that's a big number for a goalie who is relatively unproven. I had to do a double-take when I saw the title.

Reactions: HabsQC and Ursus8

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Maybe I just caught Ullmark on some bad days but holy shit, that's a big number for a goalie who is relatively unproven. I had to do a double-take when I saw the title.
He developed the right way and added to his game every season. He's good, the numbers and eyetest back it up for those who have watched him develop, now entering his prime. Main issue is staying healthy for a full season +...along with playing through some tweaks. He doesnt like to play unless he truly feels 100%.

Ursus8

May 14, 2009
Sweeney's a moron. He gets rid of one bad contract he's just gotta add another. 5 MIL!!!!! are you kidding me!! WTF should've signed a decent goalie for 2 yrs max til we find out what swayman is.

Anderson 2 yrs 4.5 mil.
Bernier 2 yrs 4.125

Could have traded for driedger from seattle now that they have grubauer.

This friggin guy. Im done.

He needs to go.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Sweeney's a moron. He gets rid of one bad contract he's just gotta add another. 5 MIL!!!!! are you kidding me!! WTF should've signed a decent goalie for 2 yrs max til we find out what swayman is.

Anderson 2 yrs 4.5 mil.
Bernier 2 yrs 4.125

Could have traded for driedger from seattle now that they have grubauer.

This friggin guy. Im done.

He needs to go.
I'm sorry but you have to watch more Sabres games. Every time I watched him play, which was often, he was one of the best players for Buffalo. Guy is legit, and I would bet money that he ends up with a better season than Freddie, Bernier, Mrazek or any FA goalie not named Grubauer.

Reactions: abo9 and Atrox xYz

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
They paid a lot for Ullmark, but he's a very underrated goalie who should do very well in Boston if healthy.
I hate to say it but I really like what the Bruins have done so far this offseason. I thought forward depth was their issue the last few seasons but it seems they've fixed that.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Me too - i thought it was a misprint... Bruins pro scouts staking their reputations on this one.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
This actually seems like a terrible waste of cap space. If swayman ends up being a starter, they could have spent that 5M on a good dman.

And if Swayman isn't ready to be a #1 and can't take the playing time of a #1 yet and the B's put all their eggs i n that basket then they'd really be screwed

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Boston has two great young goalies. They don't need this guy. I don't get it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They should’ve just signed a cheap vet to platoon with Swayman.

If Swayman pans out this deal is unmovable and you just eliminated the cap benefits of a cheap and good #1.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Boston has two great young goalies. They don't need this guy. I don't get it.

one Vladar was traded to Calgary.
I love Swayman. Followed him all through college. But he has a grand total of 10 games under his belt.

Bruins dont know if he can carry a load. Has only played 35 games once a few years ago in college spread out over 6 months.

Plus Rask, ufa, had surgery 2 days ago. 2 months later than originally anticipated. Out until st least Feb - Mar if at all.

So, here we are.

Reactions: Atrox xYz

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ullmark’s never seen a starter’s workload either, or even 1 second of playoff action. At 28.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I didn't see this coming. Wow. Thought Ullmark was for sure going to Colorado and Rask re-signing.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
And if Swayman isn't ready to be a #1 and can't take the playing time of a #1 yet and the B's put all their eggs i n that basket then they'd really be screwed

They could have signed someone for a 1 or 2 year contract, or kept vladar and had them split.

What if he does great, and they need to pay him, and have 2 goalies for 5M each. It's a waste of cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad