Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Linus Ullmark has signed with Boston (4 years, $5M AAV)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
It is for a guy who may look a bit unproven. But he is a damn good goalie. People are going to be surprised how good he is when put behind a solid D core

good doesn't matter if you don't have the stamina or mental toughness to be a #1 goalie, he hasn't proven that

thus they're taking a gamble

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That's a risky bet but I guess they ran out of patience with Tuukka's flake-outs. Shame it ends that way for him.

Buffalo was a 96-point team with him in net last year though, which is incredible.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Really curious what Boston is going to do once Rask is back.

Will Swayman/Ullmark split games?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Seems to be an overpayment.

BOS defence is so good they needed someone good, but not great. Much better environment after being pounded with pucks playing for BUF.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
It is for a guy who may look a bit unproven. But he is a damn good goalie. People are going to be surprised how good he is when put behind a solid D core

I don't know how many folks believe in goalie advanced stats, and obviously the team makes a difference, but Ullmark has some of the worst advanced stats in the league over the past 3 years.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Are there rumours that Rask is going to retire? I just assumed he'd sign a 1 year deal in the new year or something.

He needs surgery or just finished it

Take half a season to recover. Some team could sign him then....who knows

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
On paper this looks like a bad signing, but players tend to play way better when they get out of Buffalo.
I like this guy though, even if it's 1-1.5mil overpayment.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
They aren't getting a perfect solution at this point.
Kuemper might be the closest thing to a starter that they could get but he has injury issues, will probably cost too much and is only a 1 year solution most likely.

Will be interesting to see what Sakic does at this point. I honestly would try to look for a young, talented goalie that is stuck somewhere (maybe now that Ullmark is in Boston one of Vladar/Swayman or somebody similar) and see how they do behind a great defense in Denver. If they fail, the Avs can always revisit things at the deadline. If Francouz is healthy, he should be decent enough to atleast get this team to the playoffs in the Central.
It's now or never while MacKinnon is still cheap.

Go get Gibson.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Open tryouts, bring your gear and $20
ComplexOldGrub-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad