Video Borowiecki vs Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Its embarassing that Habs can instigate fights with sens players and then Ottawa fights back and they are the bad guys. Patches goes after Neil and gets on him Neil fights back, remember a couple years ago when Turris didnt drop the gloves but your hero Subban did and kept hitting him while he was on the ice? didnt see you calling that dirty

lol, watch the replay, pacioretty was going to the net to defend parenteau and neil rushed on his and IIRC he even crosschecked him in the face right away

but of course pacioretty is the one who provoked him :shakehead

If the habs send Tinordi or Moen or anyone else to go cave in karlsson's face you can be 100% sure every single senator fan will go ''omg wow no class at all typical montreal'' but when it's them that does it '' lol, habs are soft thats why, cream puffs, habs started it anyways''

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
lol, watch the replay, pacioretty was going to the net to defend parenteau and neil rushed on his and IIRC he even crosschecked him in the face right away

If the habs send Tinordi or Moen or anyone else to go cave in karlsson's face you can be 100% sure every single senator fan will go ''omg wow no class at all typical montreal'' but when it's them that does it '' lol, habs are soft thats why, cream puffs, habs started it anyways''

Right there. CaptainIginla wait for them to deny it although there is video evidence.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Right there. CaptainIginla wait for them to deny it although there is video evidence.

So maxpac was going to the net to defend parenteau..........so maxpac rushed into the area and created a situation for himself? welcome to the NHL? he knows what can happen in scrums when the scrubs are on the ice.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
So maxpac was going to the net to defend parenteau..........so maxpac rushed into the area and created a situation for himself? welcome to the NHL? he knows what can happen in scrums when the scrubs are on the ice.

He rushed to defend his teammate that got attacked by 3 sens, not to fight your useless toothless SOB.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
lol. he is pretty gnarly looking hey! So he put it on his shoulders to rush to the rescue of a fellow teamate and got into a fight. I think that this is great team building and a show of leadership on maxpac's behalf.

there's a difference between rushing in to see what is happening/ going in to defend your teammate getting shoved around by like 3 players and rushing in and crosschecking someone in the face right away

guess which one was pacioretty and which one was neil?

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
there's a difference between rushing in to see what is happening/ going in to defend your teammate getting shoved around by like 3 players and rushing in and crosschecking someone in the face right away

guess which one was pacioretty and which one was neil?

Stop saying he cross-checked him in the face. The video is in the OP and in your last post you said the cross check was based on your recollection. He got his hands up in his face, but to cross check you need both hands on your stick...which they weren't.

HabsHockey*

3 yrs, 4 yrs, 5 yrs, 10yrs,, 20yrs. Its pretty even history between the two teams on making the playoffs in the last two decades with Ottawa making it in a few times more. Just because ottawa missed last year, does not mean they will not have a shot at it this season. it is dumb to equate them with toronto who as made the playoffs once in 9 years.........

Well OK, let's go back that far. We got a cup and you don't, woohoo! Kind of ridiculous to go back that far in time.

You're only as good as last season until the new season starts.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
Subban did pretty well against a known fighter... if i'm Therrien i send Prust to see if Karlsson would do as well as Subban! :)

jgoud*

Some decent punches landed by Borocop. Man, is it ever embarrassing to see Subban turtle in every single fight :laugh:

I don't like either team, but it would be funny if next game they played, Montreal's 4th line went after Karlsson and Ryan. Sens fans would be screaming bloody murder if that happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Kinda BS going after PK like that

Wonder what tune the sens would be singing if it was Tinordi jumping EK, who would turtle for sure

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
I don't like either team, but it would be funny if next game they played, Montreal's 4th line went after Karlsson and Ryan. Sens fans would be screaming bloody murder if that happened.

No we wouldn't, there's a reason why that doesn't happen. When Boyle dummied Karlsson, he got beaten down by Carkner. When Cooke sliced Karlsson's achilles, Neil beat the **** out of him. Until Montreal is able to defend their stars, Ottawa will take advantage of their weakness and bully the living crap out of them. As someone said before, this is so similar to what Toronto did to us back in the day, then we got a lot tougher and they could never beat us. I wouldn't scream bloody murder unless it was an incredible cheapshot that passes the line of retaliation. Ottawa is just a much tougher team than Montreal. If someone went after Karlsson, Neil would go after the player and the entire team would play extremely physical hockey against their star player so if Prust or Tinordi attacked EK, they would get attacked AND Subban would get smashed by guys like Cowen, Gryba, Smith, Methot, Lazar and others, they wouldnt care if it led to a penalty because it sends a message.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
lol I hadn't even noticed Boro fights non-fighters with his visor on, what a coward.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
lol I hadn't even noticed Boro fights non-fighters with his visor on, what a coward.

He originally didn't where one, but with the new rule he has to. If he took his helmet off he would have received a penalty. Not to mention the numerous Habs players that fight with visors (Tinordi, Moen, etc.)

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Embarrassing by the sens; Neil is such a trashy human being, at least on the ice anyways. Not a PK fan, but good for him for sticking up for himself/teammates in this one.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010

Your comparison makes no sense. A premeditated attack does not equal mixing it up in a scrum you started...

You make it seem like its not pacioretty's fault that he wanted to mix it up in a scrum by rushing an opposing player. Calling it defending a team mate or w.e you like, but I don't see karlsson or kessel or any other star "like" pacioretty rush a tough guy to face wash them or shove them. Those guys usually start scrums when they are defending themselves from a targeted attack.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
Your comparison makes no sense. A premeditated attack does not equal mixing it up in a scrum you started...

You make it seem like its not pacioretty's fault that he wanted to mix it up in a scrum by rushing an opposing player. Calling it defending a team mate or w.e you like, but I don't see karlsson or kessel or any other star "like" pacioretty rush a tough guy to face wash them or shove them. Those guys usually start scrums when they are defending themselves from a targeted attack.

You don't see Karlsson and Kessel in this situation cause they don't like the rough stuff.. but you can see players like Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf, Subban, Benn, Pacioretty in situation like these because they're not avoiding it and they are heart and soul player.. you win with guys like Subban, while you have nice looking statistics with guys like Karlsson and Kessel...

Milan the God*

Kinda BS going after PK like that

Wonder what tune the sens would be singing if it was Tinordi jumping EK, who would turtle for sure

The same Tinordi who couldn't even beat Chris Phillips in a fight?

No one is scared of any of the Habs.

Oct 10, 2010
ok, so i watched that video. And i didnt see much?

Subban more then held his own against Borowiecki. If anything, the fight proves Borowiecki doesnt belong in the NHL. Cause Subban is not a fighter, and he handled himself against a "fighter."

And Chris Neil is Chris Neil. Until somebody on the habs makes him eat thru a straw for a few weeks, he will keep this crap up. He doesn't do it against teams with actual tough guys. So, as a wings fan, until you deal with it, expect more of it. He will do the same thing against Detroit too until somebody deals with it. hes the toughest guy on the ice, when he realizes he doesn't have to back himself up. A phony enforcer.

Maybe you should read Neil's fight card, man.

So silly to say stuff like this.

He's taken on Chara, Lucic, Orr, Brashear, etc..

He's not afraid of anyone or team, period.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
You don't see Karlsson and Kessel in this situation cause they don't like the rough stuff.. but you can see players like Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf, Subban, Benn, Pacioretty in situation like these because they're not avoiding it and they are heart and soul player.. you win with guys like Subban, while you have nice looking statistics with guys like Karlsson and Kessel...

Toews plays between whistles, he doesn't stir things up.

You can look at guys like p.kane, zetterburg, dats, sharp, staal, bergeron, st louis... none of them look for trouble. Btw, what did you win with subban and pacioretty? Same with benn. Subban is more in the marchand/burrows/neil/kesler camp than crosby, toews and getzlaf.

Today I learned you win with guys that have never won a cup. lol

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Habs fan coming in here to voice my opinion. I only state that because I should be biased.

Am I mad at Neil for fighting Pacioretty. Sure. Pacioretty came in to the aide if Parenteau and Neil took advantage. I think that Pacioretty was not coming in to look for a fight as that is not his game. Neil took advantage of it and took on Pacioretty. Was it dirty? Not really but I do like when two guys are going to fight if they break away from the pack and have room. If Neil would have looked to do that the fight would have not have happened. Plus if I think from a Sens point of view it would be a great trade off for five minutes.

Now for the Subban vs Borowiecki fight Subban just wanted to come in because things in the scrum were getting rough. He partnered up with Borowiecki as he was the closest Sens player. I think that Borowiecki noticed who he was paired up with and decided to fight. Now I am not a fan of Subban fighting real depth players but at least he obliged to the fight. They moved away from the pack and fought. Borowiecki got the win but Subban held his own. Once again if I look at it through the Sens eyes I can not say that I blame Borowiecki. You are a depth player who can take out a star player for five minutes. Plus Borowiecki is trying to get that last spot on the team. Toughness goes a long ways.

I think that the last two games have proven that Montreal can still be pushed around. They may have gotten rid of smaller players like Gionta and Briere but they still lack team toughness. Team roster wise I would take the Habs roster over the Sens any day. The problem is that skill is not the only factor in how to win games. The Sens just know that they can physically push around/bully the Habs. It may also be that the Sens just seem to have the Habs number.

Mynameismark*

Difference being Subban will stand and fight back. Karlsson never would. Chicken swede. Subban is more captain material than Erik could ever hope to be, but when you're the sens, that's who you gotta roll with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad