Video Borowiecki vs Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
The Sens can easily do this against the Habs, and not have to worry about it. Why? Because the Habs are a soft team who can't defend themselves. The Sens have been bullying the Habs for the past two years.

People won't run Karlsson because they'll get the **** beat out of them. Look at what happened when Boyle threw some innocent jabs at Karlsson. He got mugged by Carkner. I realize Carkner isn't a Senator anymore but someone would easily take his place...example: Chris Neil on Evander Kane. On the Habs, you don't have to worry about it.
You understand that other teams have noticed what Neil and Borwieki did.

So for the other teams in the league Karlsson is now ok to fight, not to hit only.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Sens fan opinion...

Habs started the scrum, Sens finished it.

Boro clearly looked like he didn't want to fight Subban, but Subban insisted on trying to pull him around, throw him down, etc. Eventually Boro acquiesced.

Subban isn't soft, and he didn't turtle. He's very strong.

Neil/Patches...well all I can say is Patches picked the wrong guy to try and facewash. I was impressed that he didn't back down though - heck he forced Neil to take a triple minor.

For most of the game the Habs were the ones throwing the extra shots after the whistle trying to goad the Sens into penalties. Habs got 4 mins of PP from this and to my knowledge didn't get a shot out of out it.
Wrong: look at 2:06 in this video:

The scrum was clearly started by Borowiecki and the Sens.
This was a AHL goon going after PAP, one of the smallest players of the Habs.
Boro did the extra shot here.

Neil went in and jumped on Pacioretty when Max was going after Borowiecki and PAP was pushed away by the linesmen: better match in size.
Neil did the extra shot here.

We all know Neil, he would never have done that with Tinordi on the ice.

Gryba attacked Desharnais but did not want to dance with Dietz who also had Michalek on his back.

As I wrote, others teams understood that this is a free pass to fight Karlsson.

You are right about the Habs PP.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Neil is such a punk.

I used to be a fan of his but he's getting worse and worse. Mostly ends up fighting or jumping unwilling and outmatched star players.

Here we see him throwing as many cheapshots as he can to an unwilling combatant as he can before the refs jump in.

Classless coward.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
All I saw was a guy who just signed one of the biggest contracts in the NHL prolonging a fight in a preseason game against a fringe NHL'er making minimum wage. There's tough and there's sending a message, and this case was neither one of those instances.

Subban needs to smarten up. He is way too important to the Habs to be taking dumb penalties or risk breaking his knuckles on a #7 defenceman's head.

Those that pull out the "you'd be crying if it were your stars" idiocy - no, no we would not. First, it's not going to happen because there's enough guys on the team to stick up for that nonsense and second, guys like Karlsson don't get involved in that stuff. Other players actually like the guy and he's no antagonist. If someone did try something, you KNOW that they would pay a heavy price for it. This is not a worry for any team playing Montreal.

It seems that Montreal's tactic is to start acting tough, get their pride handed to them, and then blame the other team for acting like goons because they aren't tough. They don't need to add goons to the team, they need to stop acting like something they are not.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Wrong: look at 2:06 in this video:

The scrum was clearly started by Borowiecki and the Sens.
This was a AHL goon going after PAP, one of the smallest players of the Habs.
Boro did the extra shot here.

Neil went in and jumped on Pacioretty when Max was going after Borowiecki and PAP was pushed away by the linesmen: better match in size.
Neil did the extra shot here.

Gryba attacked Desharnais but did not want to dance with Dietz who also had Michalek on his back.

You are right about the Habs PP.

I see Borowiecki clearing the crease because that's his job when Paranteau is standing right there. Habs players then escalated this to a scrum, which was unwise considering who was out there. Therefore you are wrong.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Non-issue for me. Some habs fans have some insecurities about being soft, this has been said about us time and time again, we're slowly shifting away from the Gainey/Gauthier era, but it won't happen overnight.

Neil is a punk, but a punk I would love to have in my bottom 6. I don't mind the PK thing, he shouldn't have tugged what's his names jersey, he should have been done with it, but whatever, PK can hold his own, not a great fighter, but he'll defend himself and not get killed.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Pernell definitely didn't turtle- but don't act like Boro jumped him, either. Looked like PP thought he could just hogtie him and expected him to stay down. That ain't going to happen.

Boro even gave him a couple of chances to get out of the fight, but PP must have figured it would help his lobbying for the C to keep things going. Stupid decisions all around on his part- but I'm sure hab fans would be blaming Boro if PP broke his hand on his head.

And Boro started everything by clearing the crease? What about Parenteau cross checking Zibanejad in the ribs and then running away? Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

Milan the God*

First of all, good on Borocop last night for fighting Prust. He knows the code, and fought him even though he didn't have to. Of course he didn't really have much of a punishment because it's Prust...but still. Good on him.

He did beat Philips. And oh yea, he took out Borocop down in the A.

Nope. 53.3% of Hockeyfights.com users agreed that Phillips beat Tinordi there. Actually, ironically, Ottawa went 5/5 in fights in a line brawl :laugh:

Look at Chris Neil's fight card. One of the last people he would be scared of is Tinordi. He's fought much better (Colton Orr) and much bigger (Zdeno Chara) in the past few years. I'm sure he's not scared of Jared Tinordi, a bottom pairing defenseman who couldn't beat Chris Phillips in a fight.

Sure. Doubt it will be Montreal, though. Too soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad