News Article: Borje Salming to call Nylander today and to persuade him to sign

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
7zsxzmnq7n001.jpg

I only knew of this photo because of @saltming the poster here
Now that is handsome. Willy eat your heart out.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
salming is secretly Ersnt Stavro Blofeld, so we should be expecting willy to sign any day now lol

yeah like the star wars prequels where Anakin slowly morphs into darth Vader, Borje Salming slowly becoming Ersnt Stavro Blofeld

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
And, what if he gets traded to a place he doesn’t believe is a good fit? Right now he has no control over that.
He has no control over that right now anyways. And money won’t change that. When his new contract kicks in he can ask for a NTC/NMC.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Ironic since it's usually kids that need to use insults to make a point while debating simple things like hockey, something you've done in a few different posts in this thread.

But yeah, everyone else is a wussy, tough guy. Yawn.
Go protest about the social injustice Nylander is facing. Your 3 followers on social media may care more.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Stupid comment, do I think they offered him $4M no, do I know they didn't no. Just like you and everyone here has no clue so stop pretending you do

You're the one saying it's unfair but don't know what's been offered.
An Alumni and hero is his home country is going to call him to give him his advise and you cry foul.

Good luck with the real world.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Go protest about the social injustice Nylander is facing. Your 3 followers on social media may care more.

its always funny to see this insult. I don't think I even have 3 followers on twitter and that's just the way I like it. If you judge your worth by your 'followers' I do feel sorry for you

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
You're the one saying it's unfair but don't know what's been offered.
An Alumni and hero is his home country is going to call him to give him his advise and you cry foul.

Good luck with the real world.

I said it was unfair to announce he was going to do it, to all of Sweden and of course leaf nation will get a hold of it. Just do it, don't need to tell everyone about it

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Whatever just bridge him and if it gets too messy trade him. He turned away from all contact against Boston. I thought he would get thicker and more agressive, thought he may even go become like an Alfie, didn't see it. Don't care as we have so many good players.

Nobody has let me down more than Nylander. I am ashamed that I was so high on him, calling him the 3rd best in the draft at the time.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Whatever just bridge him and if it gets too messy trade him. He turned away from all contact against Boston. I thought he would get thicker and more agressive, thought he may even go become like an Alfie, didn't see it. Don't care as we have so many good players.

Nobody has let me down more than Nylander. I am ashamed that I was so high on him, calling him the 3rd best in the draft at the time.

Hopefully Willie can accomplish as much as Alfie had accomplished by age 23

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hopefully Willie can accomplish as much as Alfie had accomplished by age 23

He needs a kick in the pants, too much privilege and good looks. He needs a fire lit in him to keep moving his skills forward. That's what I think

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

Kinda feeling the same. He could always get tougher in time but right now this is a dark cloud hanging over the whole team and it's his fault.

We're coming up on the most exciting season in decades and this punk is holding it ransom.

Reactions: thewave

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Kinda feeling the same. He could always get tougher in time but right now this is a dark cloud hanging over the whole team and it's his fault.

We're coming up on the most exciting season in decades and this punk is holding it ransom.

Yeah it's not cool. Probably the most obvious shot at a cup since the 60s or sometime before me.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
He needs a kick in the pants, too much privilege and good looks. He needs a fire lit in him to keep moving his skills forward. That's what I think
Should have traded Kadri away at 22 too, because we know players and people never mature or change.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Should have traded Kadri away at 22 too, because we know players and people never mature or change.

Kadri was different. If you look at my post history you will find I thought what happened to Kadri under Wilson was a disgrace to the organization. Kadri was always ballsy.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Kadri was different. If you look at my post history you will find I thought what happened to Kadri under Wilson was a disgrace to the organization. Kadri was always ballsy.
He was not the same player he is today. Didn't care about defense much back then.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I can respect that but he wants the deal he wants 'top half' doesn't cut it. I don't think he's really any more or less skilled than Mitch is, but he could certainly adopt some of his urgency.
The numbers are the numbers, but don't tell me there aren't times where Willy plays too passively.
22 games in garbage time with zero shackles placed on him isn't the best sample.
I agree with all this. He is too passive at times, for sure, especially in the defensive zone. However, we need to be wary not to demand perfection for a price that doesn't buy such. I'd say that what he does bring, the impact he can have on the game despite his flaws, is worth around $7M. Now that's not the market price considering other contracts, but we have to remember that value per dollar on those contracts is actually pretty great. So even a high contract compared to Ehlers or Pastrnak is still a decent contract overall.

He does need to work on some of the things you mention, but if it wasn't for those flaws he would be a much better player and the price would go up accordingly.

This article is fun, you will have to run it through Google translator (Swedish - English and hopefully it turns out ok).

Anders Broström a 65 year old local legend (very physical player) from the SHL team Frölunda in Gothenburg is really upset (angry) about William and the Nylanders. ;-) He is basically describing all the Nylanders as greedy with William being a naive spoiled youngster, Anders telling him to fight.

"I saw his dad Micke and he was amazing, but it was too much ego (selfishness) and it seems to be the same with the boy. And it appears when he plays too."

The Frölunda icon's anger against William Nylander: "Believe he is a world star."
Frölundaikonens ilska mot William Nylander: ”Tror han är en världsstjärna”
Not a very good look for Broström there. He's basically falling for rumors, showcasing a lack of understanding about what's going on, and then raging against William's character despite not actually knowing him at all. Doesn't really help that it's all in caps either.

Reactions: 21

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He was not the same player he is today. Didn't care about defense much back then.

But he competed with passion. I don't worry about the defensive side of kids at first. Nylander has the compete problem. The flamingo, the turning away all the time. It was frustrating watching how scared he plays. Be embarrassed if I were him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00