OT: Bombers Thread: Bombers down Sask. Next West Final @CGY Nov 18

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
One the these years the Bombers are going to go on that 3 game run in the playoffs. Why not this year it seems like as good a time as any to have the breaks go the bombers way.

A cup would be nice for the City.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looking forward to a close and exciting game today.

Hope the refs do at least an adequate job and don't factor into the final outcome.

REALLY hope our PBP guy is Chris Cuthbert and not Rod Black!

GO BLUE!!!

Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers_Helmet_2015.png
I agree accept Cuthbert usually comes with that homer Saskatchewan , hate the Bombers , crybaby Suitor . :shakehead

Reactions: snowkiddin

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I agree accept Cuthbert usually comes with that homer Saskatchewan , hate the Bombers , crybaby Suitor . :shakehead
With Cuthbert you get Suitor, so pick your poison.
I'll take Cuthbert-Suitor over Black-Forde every day of the week and twice today! :nod:

I dislike Rod Black so much that if he's doing the PBP I'll either sync my TV video to radio audio or just watch without sound.

Reactions: Ducky10

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jovon Santos-Knox and Kenbrell Thompkins both moved to 1 game IR for tomorrow's game. Nothing compared to Stamps injury woes, but they are certainly not nothing losses. Wild and Wilson don't bring the same speed or dynamic play to the LB corps. And Thompkins is guy who adds a nice secondary mid to long range threat to Adams. Lankford is a horrendous receiver and Nelson is very unproven.

Santos-Knox is a big loss, of course. Wild is a veteran capable backup, but there’s still a drop-off in talent. I bet Wild retires after this year.

I’m assuming they go with Lankford over Nelson. He is not a good receiver, but hopefully his speed keeps Calgary honest. And we can use him in the return game to keep Fogg fresh. Thompkins really wasn’t doing much but we would’ve liked to have been all hands on deck against Calgary.

I’m just glad Jeffcoat wasn’t suspended.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I imagine Jonathan Rose probably gets suspended for the Grey Cup (assuming they make it) after pushing the official in the Ottawa vs. Hamilton game.

He threw the Hamilton receiver by the neck to the ground while out of bounds as well. The Hamilton receiver had the ball, so he couldn't brace his fall, it looked pretty bad.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Rod Black making an ass of himself in the Ottawa-Hamilton game about headshots and the rule after Masoli turned and ran into an Ottawa player and their heads collided.

The whole point of the rule is that the defender is responsible for lowering their head to make a tackle. You can't expect the QB to be looking anywhere but forward for a receiver, therefore the responsibility is on the tackler to make a clean tackle; not for the QB to protect themselves. That's why the penalty was called on Ottawa, it was the tackler's responsibility to go lower, even if it's accidental.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I imagine Jonathan Rose probably gets suspended for the Grey Cup (assuming they make it) after pushing the official in the Ottawa vs. Hamilton game.

He threw the Hamilton receiver by the neck to the ground while out of bounds as well. The Hamilton receiver had the ball, so he couldn't brace his fall, it looked pretty bad.

He also threw the official onto that prone Hamilton player as he tried to get back at him or someone else on Hamilton.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don’t notice who is calling the games. With the CFL it’s usually on in the background while I am doing other things with my kids. Kind of look from a distance when something happens but I don’t sit and watch.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Time for Nichols to really step up and be more than a game manager. 200 yards passing and 1 touchdown isn’t likely to be enough today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad