OT: Bombers Thread: Bombers down Sask. Next West Final @CGY Nov 18

None

Feb 22, 2012
Nice pressure by the d-line there, Roh's been getting off the tackle pretty quickly so far.

Great return by Fogg right after.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Bombers will have to "limit" these Calgary 15-25 yard passes if they are going to win. I just tuned in but I hope the Bombers throw a lot of these 15-25 yard vertical passes, and open up the running game. If they try to run over the Stamps "only"-- just with Harris, they will lose. I hope LaPolice mixes up the playbook, and then I give the Bombers a very good chance of winning. Nichols has the skills to do this.

Also mix in a lot of drop off passes to Harris, and throw in some screens--we have to keep that Calgary defence off balance. Bo Bombers !!! :thumbu:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Bombers will have to "limit" these Calgary 15-25 yard passes if they are going to win. I just tuned in but I hope the Bombers throw a lot of these 15-25 yard vertical passes, and open up the running game. If they try to run over the Stamps "only"-- just with Harris, they will lose. I hope LaPolice mixes up the playbook, and then I give the Bombers a very good chance of winning. Nichols has the skills to do this.

Also mix in a lot of drop off passes to Harris, and throw in some screens--we have to keep that Calgary defence off balance. Bo Bombers !!! :thumbu:
They're going to have to set those passes up with the run first.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Nichols is so bad at throwing the ball. Missed td throw could come back to haunt them.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That's what I mean--take the odd long shot down field, and keep those linebackers backed up--we'll connect on 1 or 2. Same sort of thing the Stamps do.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Nichols needs to know where he is on the field. Sacked out of field goal range. No way is Calgary not going to score tds. Bombers need to get 7s.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
O line needs to step up and give Nichols some time to throw downfield, if indeed the gameplan includes more than check downs

None

Feb 22, 2012
Offensive pass interference, he pushed off.

Edit: Nope, Matthews interfered with Wild.

That's 100% interference and no way it gets overturned.

Reactions: jetsforever

None

Feb 22, 2012
The secondary schemes look like they're back to week 6, playing soft zone, dropping the linebackers back so far that even if they're not going deep they're going to get an easy 5-6 yard checkdown every play.

And then on the first 6 man blitz Sayles gets held with no call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad