OT: Bombers Thread: Bombers down Sask. Next West Final @CGY Nov 18

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Now Suitor can go cry in Chris Jones’ ample bosom. What a clown.

So brutal. Worst was when he tried to say Roosevelt caught that 2 pt convert attempt when he never had control of the ball at any point, it was just sitting on his chest and then rolled off to the turf. They really can't have him doing Rider games unless he takes a job doing their home radio broadcast.

Speaking of which, Rod Pedersen must have had a MI on that Bridge hit.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Big illegal block about 10 yards back from where the return ended missed.

Yep, and obvious illegal procedure from their right tackle on the very next play. Recently in the CFL, I'm noticing that unless a pass rusher is induced offside, refs seem to be letting tackles cheat and get out of their stance a half second early.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Bombers live to see another week. Played well in these conditions but I expected better. Santos-Knox was a very noticeable miss, hopefully he'll be back against Calgary as he and Bighill seem to be the biggest difference makers on defense. Andrew Harris with another phenomenal game, Wolitarsky a honourable mention. If they get back to how they played in Weeks 17, 18, and 20, Calgary is beatable.

Refereeing was atrocious, though. Two pretty questionable PIs, a lot of things let go by the Saskatchewan offensive line near the end of the game and the obvious helmet-to-helmet by Jeffcoat. The game was obviously very chippy, but you wouldn't have noticed it looking at the final tally of penalties:

08ovSzg.png

Gave a lot of room for Roughriders to get back into the game when they shouldn't have even had the chance to chuck the ball for a game-winning TD. But hey, we can change the narrative that the Bombers faced all sorts of adversity and came out with the first win in the playoffs in forever.

Hope is slowly growing...

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Bombers just beat a team with "no quarterback." It was a real tough grind it out ground game on a cold day. I would have liked to see more pass completions that you will need to beat Calgary.

It will be to the Bombers advantage if it's cold to play Calgary. Andrew Harris was just a beast out there today-"great tough running." The air attack has to get going, in order to beat the Stamps. The Bombers need these 20-25 yard pass completions, and Calgary runs a lot of those type of plays successfully.

Let's not forget here --we just beat a team with no QB--- IMO.

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Losing to that Rider team tonight would of been stomach turning, now on to played Calgary who haven't been world beaters the last month plus.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The Bombers just beat a team with "no quarterback." It was a real tough grind it out ground game on a cold day. I would have liked to see more pass completions that you will need to beat Calgary.

It will be to the Bombers advantage if it's cold to play Calgary. Andrew Harris was just a beast out there today-"great tough running." The air attack has to get in order to beat the Stamps. The Bombers need these 20-25 yard pass completions, and Calgary runs a lot of those type of plays successfully.

Let's not forget here --we just beat a team with no QB--- IMO.

Well...any pass completions when the air temp is -20 are pretty good IMO. When I played junior football we had a completely separate offense for this time of year even when we had a team that passed the ball about 70% of the time in the regular season. The ball is slick and the footing is brutal, particularly on field turf.

Bridge was the best kind of QB for this weather, disappointed the D let him break contain so often. Would have rather faced shaky Collaros trying to pass from the pocket exclusively.

Forecast for Calgary next Sunday is high 7 low 0, so you'll see more downfield passing.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Bombers live to see another week. Played well in these conditions but I expected better. Santos-Knox was a very noticeable miss, hopefully he'll be back against Calgary as he and Bighill seem to be the biggest difference makers on defense. Andrew Harris with another phenomenal game, Wolitarsky a honourable mention. If they get back to how they played in Weeks 17, 18, and 20, Calgary is beatable.

Refereeing was atrocious, though. Two pretty questionable PIs, a lot of things let go by the Saskatchewan offensive line near the end of the game and the obvious helmet-to-helmet by Jeffcoat. The game was obviously very chippy, but you wouldn't have noticed it looking at the final tally of penalties:

08ovSzg.png

Gave a lot of room for Roughriders to get back into the game when they shouldn't have even had the chance to chuck the ball for a game-winning TD. But hey, we can change the narrative that the Bombers faced all sorts of adversity and came out with the first win in the playoffs in forever.

Hope is slowly growing...

Crazy that the refs basically made no calls all night and then once the Bombers got up 2 scores the flags started flying until the Riders were on the 1 yard line.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Crazy that the refs basically made no calls all night and then once the Bombers got up 2 scores the flags started flying until the Riders were on the 1 yard line.

Said that to the crowd I was with when the second series for the Riders started, "watch out for flags" sure enough but it's all good the final result is all that matters

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Said that to the crowd I was with when the second series for the Riders started, "watch out for flags" sure enough but it's all good the final result is all that matters

The nightmare of the Riders chucking a hail mary and getting a phantom PI flag to put them on the 1 yard line flashed through my mind when the Bombers had to punt in the last minute.

Reactions: Evil Little

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
SASK fans are by far the quickest in the league to point to conspirasies. Lol

And if there's any conspiracy they should watch their touchdown drive again. PI call in the endzone when the ball was overthrown 20 yards and the receiver took a dive.

Couldn't believe O'Shea didn't challenge. At least make the league back that ridiculous call.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
This was a good day....excellent knock em down drag it out prairie cold weather playoff game...

Harris is a beast....Nicholls managed the game....they remind me of the 88 Grey Cup team...

So nice to see a playoff win...

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Calgary should be tough, although we did recently beat them.
1 more win and we're in the Grey Cup though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad