Confirmed with Link: Bolland To Leafs For Picks (51st, 117th picks this year and 4th in 2014)

needle

Apr 30, 2012
Stan Bowman has 2 Cups in 4 seasons and he's a draft guru, but he gets robbed on trade after trade. Byfuglien, Ladd, and now Bolland. I'd be sadder if we didn't have so many titles, but how is Brouwer worth a 1st, but Bolland only worth a 2nd and two 4ths?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
1 year left on his deal then becomes a UFA. Unlikely the Hawks keep him beyond next year so I guess you take the 2nd and a couple 4ths.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
Stan Bowman has 2 Cups in 4 seasons and he's a draft guru, but he gets robbed on trade after trade. Byfuglien, Ladd, and now Bolland. I'd be sadder if we didn't have so many titles, but how is Brouwer worth a 1st, but Bolland only worth a 2nd and two 4ths?

He was awful for almost the entire season and has injury questions.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Solid return, I don't think he was going to fetch much more. Can't imagine the market was strong for his skill set this year.

He did a bunch of nice things, but it was time to move him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

- Buff trade is too early to call
- Ladd got what he was worth (Sucks Vish didn't work but he was only worth 2nd+ prospect)

This Bolland trade is fine (Also notice you don't bring up Danault and Leddy trades)

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
And of course you turn this into an I told you so comparing two different players with totally different cap circumstances.

Gee they are 2 different players! Who would think that comparing 2 players would result in them being different, get a clue. The guy you thought was a bum brought a 1st back and the Bolly God couldn't. Sums it up pretty well.

Cap, shmap. Washington gave up a first for the rights to try and sign Brouwer, he was unsigned when they got him AND THEY STILL GAVE UP A 1st.

YOU undervalued one and overvalued the other. Nothing new on this board.

CapitalistInfidel

Jan 7, 2013
Wait, Bolland is a 3/4th line center and people think he's worth more than a 2nd and a 4th this year and a 4th next year? Wow, just WOW! I'd like to know exactly what "more" should we have gotten? Cause to me we got a whole lot more that I ever thought we'd get. I figured a 3rd would be about it.

Recoil

Jun 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
I'm sad. It was the right move but my heart skipped a best when I read the tweet. Good luck #36 and thanks for a ton of great memories and your help in winning two Cups.

I'm glad it's Toronto. They are in the East, and he's from there. He sounds happy that's where he's going, although I'm sure it's bitter sweet.

I know he didn't have the best 2013, but I miss him already. He seemed to make a big play when we needed him two. Heck two more GWGs were because of hits he made in our own end and not direct goals by him. He had a good playoffs and was always a playoff warrior. That will be hard to replace, but I trust the vets on this team.

Good luck Dave and thanks!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Gee they are 2 different players! Who would think that comparing 2 players would result in them being different, get a clue. The guy you thought was a bum brought a 1st back and the Bolly God couldn't. Sums it up pretty well.

Cap, shmap. Washington gave up a first for the rights to try and sign Brouwer, he was unsigned when they got him AND THEY STILL GAVE UP A 1st.

YOU undervalued one and overvalued the other. Nothing new on this board.

Considering I didn't give any value to Bolland's return on these boards - to the best of my knowledge - I didn't over value a damn thing.

I wanted Bolland gone if it meant keeping Frolik and that return is fine by me. In the words of a wise man, Get a clue.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 25m
#Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said moves were made not just to keep Bickell, but to open spots for young guys. Mentioned Pirri several times.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I really hope that's true. Have been one of Pirri's biggest supporters for two years now, was afraid he wasn't going to get a decent look on this team.

The Good Doctor

RIP HST (1937-2005)
Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 25m
#Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said moves were made not just to keep Bickell, but to open spots for young guys. Mentioned Pirri several times.

If true, this board REALLY needs to stop complaining. I'm not here often, but I damned sure remember people whining when Pirri wasn't called up this year.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I really hope that's true. Have been one of Pirri's biggest supporters for two years now, was afraid he wasn't going to get a decent look on this team.

I'm in complete agreement, and like you have been a supporter of Pirri for two years now. Will be good to see Pirri (and LeBlanc) have a go at it. I also believe that it's necessary to have some turnover on a team to keep an edge.

The return on Bolland could have been a bit better (perhaps a third next year instead of a fourth), but there were multiple factors as many have pointed out that reduced his value. Still, close to "fair market value" at this time. If he stays heathier, then Toronto will be happy. Good deal for both teams.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Leafs GM talking about Bolland having expanded role in Toronto and talking about his production in jr's

Sounds like they are gonna make 2nd line C mistake like Hawks

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Leafs GM talking about Bolland having expanded role in Toronto and talking about his production in jr's

Sounds like they are gonna make 2nd line C mistake like Hawks

Pierre was talking about this during teh draft and it just made me laugh..who gives a flying f what he did in junior 5+ years ago.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I don't think Nonis made the trade weighing last year very heavily in their valuation of him. I don't think many gms make a move for a veteran player and place significant value on a single stretch of their career, like last year for example.

His long established track record and his contract status and cap hit played a far bigger role in how Toronto and Chicago valued him compared to last year in my opinion.

Non-price controlled 3cs aren't worth a 1st during the summer with very rare exceptions.

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
Don't like losing Bolland. People can bring up Pirri all they want, Pirri could have been brought up anyway and moved Shaw back to RW plus a C spot is already open with Zeus gone. Pirri looks like he could be a nice player but Bolland is a warrior who will run through a wall everyday and always played better the more important the games and the moments. Guys like that play mentality and with his skill are hard to find.

I think Bolland will play well in Toronto and we will end up missing him in the long run.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I want some honest opinions of the trade from you guys, Bolland was my favourite player on the Knights in the 2004-2005 Memorial cup win . And have loved watching him play for you guys in the P.O. Just wanna see what you guys think of the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad