Confirmed with Link: Bolland To Leafs For Picks (51st, 117th picks this year and 4th in 2014)

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Plus minus is still a useless stat especially in a sample size that small

Again, using +/- only when it suits your argument.

He was playing the toughest mins and getting 37% off zone starts in the regular season, on a ****** team, and still did OK. Put Stalberg in that position and he is probably -30.

Small sample, small schmeckl... his rating stands out like a sore thumb. Sorry if it doesn't fit your narrative.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
There were guys who were -6, -7 and -9 on the Leafs in the playoffs; doesn't stand out too much to me

However, that 836 PDO he had during the playoffs sure does...

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
My narrative? I've always maintained that it, along with hits, are stats without much use.

Still waiting for your response to how I overvalued Bolland earlier in the thread.

The narrative was for Hawkaholic, the 2nd quoted post.

Regarding Bolland, I may have ascribed statements to you in error, please accept the apology.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
That likely was the "shutdown linemates" of course. So how does that support the post of Grabo being good defensively?

Well that 836 PDO is complete garbage so I do believe that he is with you on this one.

This team should stay as far away from Grabo as possible in my opinion. His asking price is going to be way too high and this team has some big contracts that it needs to shell out in the next couple years.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
There were guys who were -6, -7 and -9 on the Leafs in the playoffs; doesn't stand out too much to me

However, that 836 PDO he had during the playoffs sure does...

That likely was the "shutdown linemates" of course. So how does that support the post of Grabo being good defensively?

Well that 836 PDO is complete garbage so I do believe that he is with you on this one.

This team should stay as far away from Grabo as possible in my opinion. His asking price is going to be way too high and this team has some big contracts that it needs to shell out in the next couple years.

I got it, and agree with you 100% unless he comes really cheap.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Grabo was misused... Grabo is just not a fit for Carlyle. In the time he got, he was one of the better Leafs

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
So if he stinks defensively, how come his coach threw him out in ALL defensive situations ALL YEAR??

meanwhile. Stalberg was sheltered....for good reason.

Why? Stupid coach move? Why was Kruger gifted 2C? Stupid coach move. Why was VS benched in playoffs only to be brought right back when the team didn't do well? Stupid coach move. Why did Bolland continue to play 2C while sucking big time? Stupid coach move. Why do we rarely have 2 centers on the ice for late game crucial d-zone draws? Stupid coach move.

Happens quite often actually.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Why? Stupid coach move? Why was Kruger gifted 2C? Stupid coach move. Why was VS benched in playoffs only to be brought right back when the team didn't do well? Stupid coach move. Why did Bolland continue to play 2C while sucking big time? Stupid coach move. Why do we rarely have 2 centers on the ice for late game crucial d-zone draws? Stupid coach move.

Happens quite often actually.

But Grabovski succeeded in that role defensively. So your other examples hold little weight.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

pdo is a stat that's almost completely out of a player's control. its shooting percentage+save percentage while on the ice. 836 means reimer wasn't stopping **** when grabo was on the ice. could mean high quality chances or coincidence. generally speaking, it pulls towards the mean so extremely high or extremely low ratings imply "luck" has played a large factor.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I don't recall forcing Stalberg to attempt to shutdown the Bruins best line

Grabovski and his line were thrown against the Bruins top guns ,, A task they were not capable of peforming

But Grabovski succeeded in that role defensively. So your other examples hold little weight.

Perhaps you 2 Stalberg haters need to get on the same page.

Grabo's line was incapable of stopping the Bruins top line or he succeeded in a defensive role. Which one is it?

I hear they're hiring political speech writers, you guys would kill.:laugh:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Its hard to get a good read on the guy he's had two awful coaches in a row. He's not as bad as Carlyle would have everyone believe, and nowhere near as good as what Leaf fans would claim either. He can go prove himself somewhere else, we dont need to risk it.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
i'm surprised he'd sign in nashville of all places. i figured he's want to go somewhere in the eastern conference that fit better with his style of play. although, i guess nashville's offense is so bad he's pretty much guaranteed a top 6 role.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Perhaps you 2 Stalberg haters need to get on the same page.

Grabo's line was incapable of stopping the Bruins top line or he succeeded in a defensive role. Which one is it?

I hear they're hiring political speech writers, you guys would kill.:laugh:

Why? He performed great defensively but didn't offensively. You don't pay 5.5mil for that if thats how you are going to use him.

He is still far better defensively than Stalberg, no matter what.

And I am not a Stalberg hater, I backed him since day 1. But he isn't worth 3mil and isn't a good fit for our top 6. Especially with as little contribution he made throughout his career in the playofs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad